PDA

View Full Version : Sick to my stomach

sonnyp
01-26-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/ohio-mom-kelley-williams-bolar-jailed-for-lying-about-kids-scho/

when i read about the hypocritical justice system in this country that chooses to indict and prosecute people like this woman, i'd like to barf.

with the politicos, and those who are connected bilking the system of millions, this is the person,of whom, they choose to make an example ?

P-A-L-E-E-E-S-E !!!!

she's near graduation in an attempt to better herself and made an effort to gain a better education for her daughters to, i assume, better themselves. this in a public educational system in which the quality of it's product is supposed to be equal (no child left behind) but falls far short depending on one's residence.

the system is now going to saddle her with a felony to knock out any chance of her working in the system in addition to throwing her in jail.

what would a person with common sense expect next from this woman in her attempt to make a life for herself and her daughters ?

i must be missing something, but with all the creep politicians, pimps, drug dealers and thugs roaming the streets, this is the person they go after ?

boxcar
01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/ohio-mom-kelley-williams-bolar-jailed-for-lying-about-kids-scho/

when i read about the hypocritical justice system in this country that chooses to indict and prosecute people like this woman, i'd like to barf.

with the politicos, and those who are connected bilking the system of millions, this is the person,of whom, they choose to make an example ?

P-A-L-E-E-E-S-E !!!!

she's near graduation in an attempt to better herself and made an effort to gain a better education for her daughters to, i assume, better themselves. this in a public educational system in which the quality of it's product is supposed to be equal (no child left behind) but falls far short depending on one's residence.

the system is now going to saddle her with a felony to knock out any chance of her working in the system in addition to throwing her in jail.

what would a person with common sense expect next from this woman in her attempt to make a life for herself and her daughters ?

i must be missing something, but with all the creep politicians, pimps, drug dealers and thugs roaming the streets, this is the person they go after ?

Nice "free" country we live in. :rolleyes: We're free to shop for the best car mechanics, best electricians, best plumbers, best hairdressers, best art designers, best home decorators, etc. -- but NOT for the best education for our children. The whole stinking, rotting public education system needs to be put on trial because it's a total farce, the most expensive in the world and the classrooms have become nothing but political and sexual indoctrination centers in so many cases!

Also, I think I heard on the radio, too, that her father is going to be brought up on FELONY charges! Unreal! All because they had the audacious temerity to want the best education possible for the kids.

And then I'm led to wonder how many illegals are getting free educations at the expense of American taxpayers!? :bang: :bang: And this school superintendent is worried about funneling property taxes where they belong? :bang:

Boxcar

cj's dad
01-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Total BS.

She should try to get Charlie Rangels' legal team to appeal or better yet ask BO for a Presidential pardon.

NJ Stinks
01-26-2011, 09:50 PM

P-A-L-E-E-E-S-E !!!!

What do you think the penalty should be, Sonny?

boxcar
01-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Total BS.

She should try to get Charlie Rangels' legal team to appeal or better yet ask BO for a Presidential pardon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! The last thing libs want (especially black ones!) is for another black to get their kids into a good school! Remember BO when he first took office and how he was dead set against school vouchers for the schools in D.C.? How many black kids were affected by that decision!? I guarantee you that no Black will come to this woman's aid -- nor will the NAACP. They want to keep the kids stupid so that they grow up to become entitlement junkies!

Boxcar

boxcar
01-26-2011, 09:57 PM

I think the judge in this case should have interpreted the law according to its spirit -- very broadly. What do you think about that?

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I think the judge in this case should have interpreted the law according to its spirit -- very broadly. What do you think about that?

Boxcar

Could you be more specific?

sonnyp
01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

i think the penalty should be that she would have to have a news conference and tell the general public that, despite her efforts to better herself and her daughters, her government is throwing her in jail.

she would have to explain that ,because of her residence, her daughters have to go to schools that are inferior to those of other children in a system that is supposed to offer equality.

this is just the beginning of what i would propose as a penalty. i think you get what i'm saying and where i'm coming from.

it's exactly what a posting above said. these type prosecutions are nothing more than hypocritical b.s.

cj's dad
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
ain't going to no stinkin' public school;

Obama Girls Will Go To Sidwell Friends
Elite Private School Is 'Best Fit' for Next First Family

Sidwell has between 1,000 and 1,100 students and says 39 percent of them self-identify as students of color. Tuition this year for elementary school is $28,442; for the middle school, $29,442

more here, well worth reading.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/21/AR2008112103248.html

boxcar
01-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Could you be more specific?

What part of judicial activism don't you understand? The judge should have interpreted the law in the same way the Alaskan SC did with that Lisa Murkowski case.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
ain't going to no stinkin' public school;

Obama Girls Will Go To Sidwell Friends
Elite Private School Is 'Best Fit' for Next First Family

Sidwell has between 1,000 and 1,100 students and says 39 percent of them self-identify as students of color. Tuition this year for elementary school is $28,442; for the middle school, $29,442

more here, well worth reading.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/21/AR2008112103248.html

Exactly! What a hypocrite! He wants and has gotten what's best for his own kids, while denying other blacks school vouchers so that they'd be able to get a better education for theirs! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

highnote
01-26-2011, 10:48 PM
The judge could have ordered her to pay back the money. Not only is 10 days in jail excessive, in my opinion, but to slap her with a felony and compromise or ruin her chances of becoming a teacher seems extreme.

Hell, many drug dealers don't go to jail for first time offenses.

boxcar
01-26-2011, 10:55 PM
The judge could have ordered her to pay back the money. Not only is 10 days in jail excessive, in my opinion, but to slap her with a felony and compromise or ruin her chances of becoming a teacher seems extreme.

I don't think she got slapped with a felony. But I think her father will. Nonetheless, jail time and a criminal record for wanting a better life for your kid!? All while the illegals in this country get a free pass with their kiddies at the expense of American taxpayers! The illegals have more rights and get more undeserved respect than this American mother has! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Restitution ONLY in my opinion. Jail was excessive. Her career should not of been jeopordized.
Did she break a law? Yes...
But as in many cases (which can be debated to no end), the court tries to determine intent. And in this case, I think the lady had only good intent.
The reason I say restitution, is the school system still needs tax dollars to operate and like it or not, she was circumventing that. She should pay those taxes and that should be it.

sonnyp
01-26-2011, 11:05 PM

EXACTLY MY POINT. what's in the future of her and her daughters now ?

three more people dealing drugs ? three more prostitutes ? three more faces in the crowd in the projects ?

ya know whats really amazing ? when somebody like her snaps and does something wild, everybody's shocked. everybody's left looking for answers.

the answer is...ya can only kick that dog so many times. eventually, that dog's gonna bite you.

NJ Stinks
01-27-2011, 12:07 AM
What part of judicial activism don't you understand? The judge should have interpreted the law in the same way the Alaskan SC did with that Lisa Murkowski case.

Boxcar

And you say I don't answer questions.

You're the judge. The jury found her guilty. What's your sentence, if any?

Tom
01-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Clearly, our justice system has rotted out.

boxcar
01-27-2011, 02:51 PM
And you say I don't answer questions.

You're the judge. The jury found her guilty. What's your sentence, if any?

I have answered it. You have chosen to put your brain into possum mode. :rolleyes:

Now, how would I have ruled? I would have ruled that the law is unconstitutional and that a mother should have the right to make choices on behalf of her children, as this is the natural role of a mother -- the natural law.

A mother should be allowed to shop around for the best education she can afford for her children, just as she's allowed to shop the market for the best abortion clinic when she doesn't want any kids! If a mother has a right over her own body while the kid is still in the womb, then after the kid exits the cooker, she had have every right over that child, most especially to make decisions that would benefit the child.

Boxcar

skate
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
welp,... the voters sure did help get this country to where it is today.

as a matter of fact...keep your damn TV and kiss the Hollywood Butts...Ha Ha Ha

Hey hey , Here here, you people put the Gov of Calif. back in office, AFTER it was made Law that said "Can't serve a Turd Term".

Live it and love it...sweetmeaty:kiss:

the-skate is on vacation:p

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I have answered it. You have chosen to put your brain into possum mode. :rolleyes:

Now, how would I have ruled? I would have ruled that the law is unconstitutional and that a mother should have the right to make choices on behalf of her children, as this is the natural role of a mother -- the natural law.

A mother should be allowed to shop around for the best education she can afford for her children, just as she's allowed to shop the market for the best abortion clinic when she doesn't want any kids! If a mother has a right over her own body while the kid is still in the womb, then after the kid exits the cooker, she had have every right over that child, most especially to make decisions that would benefit the child.

Boxcar
Ouch....pretty hard right turn there Box.....
So once you rule this law unconstitutional, wouldnt all the kids in the surrounding districts want to go there? Or at least wouldnt their parents want them there?
How would the school recieve tax revenue from those "out of district" students?
Who would determine who gets in and who doesnt? Talk about opening up alot of legal issues....I could see it now...."my child wasnt accepted due to ....(you fill in the blank)...
In the long run, wouldnt this just become another run down public school?

boxcar
01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Ouch....pretty hard right turn there Box.....
So once you rule this law unconstitutional, wouldnt all the kids in the surrounding districts want to go there? Or at least wouldnt their parents want them there?
How would the school recieve tax revenue from those "out of district" students?
Who would determine who gets in and who doesnt? Talk about opening up alot of legal issues....I could see it now...."my child wasnt accepted due to ....(you fill in the blank)...
In the long run, wouldnt this just become another run down public school?

Regardless of how many may want to attend, a school can only take so many. A school doesn't have to take any more students than it can handle. The school would or at least should determine what it is equipped to handle. Secondly, in a free market, competition is great! Competition is what keeps everyone honest (more or less anyway). Why do you think libs hate the school voucher idea?

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Regardless of how many may want to attend, a school can only take so many. A school doesn't have to take any more students than it can handle. The school would or at least should determine what it is equipped to handle. Secondly, in a free market, competition is great! Competition is what keeps everyone honest (more or less anyway). Why do you think libs hate the school voucher idea?

Boxcar
I.agree with your thoughts but thats not what this lady did. She did not shop for the education. she circumvented it. The school lost revenue which I believe she was given a channce to pay. She refused.
But with all that said, I feel for the lady as I said earlier. But you can't scrap a law and declare it unconstitutional based on emotion. And what about the questions I asked?

NJ Stinks
01-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I might be missing something with school vouchers - I'm no expert for sure. But it seems to me that school vouchers are still not going to get poor kids into better schools in another town.

For instance, lets say that the residents of Princeton pay $6,000 a year of their property taxes just to pay for their public schools in Princeton. Of course, this school levy pays for top-notch teachers and facilities in the Princeton public schools. Ten miles west of Princeton is Trenton. Trenton residents pay $1,500 a year of their property taxes just to pay for their public schools in Trenton. Obviously, the public school system in Trenton is inferior to Princeton's.

Now lets say each kid in Trenton gets a $1,500 school voucher to go to the school of his choice while each Princeton kids get $4,500 in school vouchers. Are we somehow going to force Princeton public schools to accept out of town kids for just $1,500 a year when the residents of Princeton are investing so much more per household in their public schools than Trenton residents do in Trenton?

And is the mother in this article going to be able to afford to make up the difference in cost even if she wants her kids to attend Princeton public schools?

Am I missing something? If so, what?

boxcar
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
I.agree with your thoughts but thats not what this lady did. She did not shop for the education. she circumvented it. The school lost revenue which I believe she was given a channce to pay. She refused.
But with all that said, I feel for the lady as I said earlier. But you can't scrap a law and declare it unconstitutional based on emotion. And what about the questions I asked?

I answered the questions. And when you say she didn't "shop" for the education, that's not true. She knew about a better product that was out there and chose to avail her kids of that better product. Nothing hard to understand about this.

Now, having said this, I do agree with you that she shouldn't have broken the law. She was wrong. My main concern is that it's an horrendous law. It stinks. And the basis for her judgment, i.e. "circumventing" the system equally stinks because in this country of LAWS -- in a country that is supposed to subscribe wholeheartedly to the RULE of LAW -- nonetheless states and countries allow millions of illegals to also "circumvent" the system and get a free education. And in turn we have the U.S. government to thank for this INEQUALITY in treatment because the Feds refuse to enforce its own laws! So, we wind up jailing our own, who in other respects are law-abiding citizens, while giving a free pass to real law-breakers. Another great example of ongoing and chronic DSS (Double Standards Syndrome) which literally plagues our country.

You do understand that our entire nation has been gradually been transformed over many decades to ground itself in the muck and mire of Lies and Duplicity?

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I answered the questions. And when you say she didn't "shop" for the education, that's not true. She knew about a better product that was out there and chose to avail her kids of that better product. Nothing hard to understand about this.

Now, having said this, I do agree with you that she shouldn't have broken the law. She was wrong. My main concern is that it's an horrendous law. It stinks. And the basis for her judgment, i.e. "circumventing" the system equally stinks because in this country of LAWS -- in a country that is supposed to subscribe wholeheartedly to the RULE of LAW -- nonetheless states and countries allow millions of illegals to also "circumvent" the system and get a free education. And in turn we have the U.S. government to thank for this INEQUALITY in treatment because the Feds refuse to enforce its own laws! So, we wind up jailing our own, who in other respects are law-abiding citizens, while giving a free pass to real law-breakers. Another great example of ongoing and chronic DSS (Double Standards Syndrome) which literally plagues our country.

You do understand that our entire nation has been gradually been transformed over many decades to ground itself in the muck and mire of Lies and Duplicity?

Boxcar

Box, lol you continue to use words insinuating that I don't "understand"....
I would suggest to you sir, that it is you that does not understand.
Whether or notthis is a horrendous law or not doesnt matter at this point. What matters is IT IS LAW. She broke it.
Next, you say she did "shop" for a better product. NO, to shop for a product and make a "purchase" (which she did by sending her kids there), requires a transaction. You know, you recieve a service and in return you pay for said service. She refused!
But, I think you are failing to see the one thing I had hoped you would see.
Its NOT the law...
Its not the Parent...
Its not vouchers...
So, lets say you use a voucher system....You have already concluded that the school can take so many students. What about the students who get left out? Fair to them? Possible discrimination?
Next, who pays for the voucher system? Yeah...its a bad avenue to go down!
Here's what I was hoping you would get...
Why do you think this lady was attempting to send her kids out of her own district???
THE SCHOOL IN HER DISTRICT OBVIOUSLY SUCKS!!@!
Instead of busing kids all over out of poor performing districts (causing burdens on districts who are performing well), why not fix the school system where ALL kids can get a good education???
You dont need to rewrite laws to fix the problem.
It's called holding that school accountable for its performance!
Now maybe you can understand that!

melman
01-27-2011, 08:29 PM
NJ Stinks--I'll take you on your word that you have an open mind on this. In my state Senate Bill 1 is school choice. Our new gov Corbett and new Senator Tommey are all for it. You may say wait a minute those are two conservatives. True but the co-sponser and the man with the original idea was Anthony Hardy Williams a Dem.

This from the Philly Inquirer story. Tuesday's rally brought together and unusual coalition of vocher supporters, urdan, rural, white and black, Rep, Dem and tea party.

Under Senate Bill 1 the state would redirect a substantial block of public school dollars on average, about $9,000 per pupil to help low income parents pay tuition at a private or charter school of their choosing.

The bill would first target low income children in the worst performing schools, and expand over three years to become available to such children at all public schools.

More about Anthony Hardy Williams and his thinking with the link below.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704448304575196191596419272.html

cj's dad
01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
In Maryland, school vouchers have been voted down. The proposal was to allow those parents (who could afford to do so) to take their children out of the public educ. system and enroll them in the private school system. The bill was defeated. It costs the taxpayers about $15,000 per year to send a child to school.

This is not rational !!

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 09:09 PM
In Maryland, school vouchers have been voted down. The proposal was to allow those parents (who could afford to do so) to take their children out of the public educ. system and enroll them in the private school system. The bill was defeated. It costs the taxpayers about $15,000 per year to send a child to school.

This is not rational !!

TY!!!!

It is not rational (to use your word) to continue to provide entitlement programs on the backs of tax payers.
Secondly, it does nothing to the underperforming school and its teachers.
ALL kids should get a good quality education and vouchers do NOT provide that.
Vouchers provide for SELECT kids to recieve a better education all the while, still not addressing those kids who were not selected.

NJ Stinks
01-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately, Mellman, I was only allowed to read 1.5 paragraphs at the link unless I subscribed.

I do have an open mind about this. No reason not to since I have no kids in school and no agenda to favor public schools over private schools.

From what I did read, I hope it works.

boxcar
01-27-2011, 09:22 PM
TY!!!!

It is not rational (to use your word) to continue to provide entitlement programs on the backs of tax payers.
Secondly, it does nothing to the underperforming school and its teachers.
ALL kids should get a good quality education and vouchers do NOT provide that.
Vouchers provide for SELECT kids to recieve a better education all the while, still not addressing those kids who were not selected.

Yes, SHOULD, SHOULD, SHOULD -- but this hasn't happened, has it? You're living in Utopiaville. :) (Gun ownership "should" not be necessary in a civilized society -- but this, too, will only happen in the little town of Utopiaville -- "civilized society", that is.) I think the only thing that will force this situation to change is competition, which vouchers supply. And, yes, vouchers are for those who want them. So what? Not everyone this night is going to eat filet mignon either. Only those who can afford it.

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, SHOULD, SHOULD, SHOULD -- but this hasn't happened, has it? You're living in Utopiaville. :) (Gun ownership "should" not be necessary in a civilized society -- but this, too, will only happen in the little town of Utopiaville -- "civilized society", that is.) I think the only thing that will force this situation to change is competition, which vouchers supply. And, yes, vouchers are for those who want them. So what? Not everyone this night is going to eat filet mignon either. Only those who can afford it.

Boxcar

On one hand you argue against entitlements...next your for them....
Vouchers have to be paid somehow.
We have already determined that the government does not make money...it looses.
So you wish to lose more?
But, you dont want taxes raised either?
Where would you like for the voucher money to come from BOx?

melman
01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
NJ--Sorry about that on the link. Go to google and type in Anthony Hardy Williams. He had a YouTube vid that goes into more detail. Trust me his supports are mostly libs. He also has the full support of conservatives Corbett (the new Gov) and new Senator Toomey. I hope state senate Bill 1 passes and this works for the benefit of all children. NJ I mean it. Check out the Williams vid. Hopefully this is something that Dem's Rep's libs and cons and Tea Party can work together on.

melman
01-27-2011, 09:35 PM
NJ---BTW Mr Williams is NOT saying get rid of public schools. Parents could request there children to go to a PERFORMING public school. His mom was a long time public school teacher. This is NOT a tax incease. It would allow kids to go to PERFORMING schools.

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
NJ---BTW Mr Williams is NOT saying get rid of public schools. Parents could request there children to go to a PERFORMING public school. His mom was a long time public school teacher. This is NOT a tax incease. It would allow kids to go to PERFORMING schools.
So Mel...and trust me I am not trying to argue here...
But if kids can move to other schools which are performing better, what happens to the underperforming school???
I am sure most of those underperforming schools teachers are union so, can't really get rid of it....union wont allow! lol

melman
01-27-2011, 10:12 PM
New--The underperforming school's would go out of business. That's why the main group that is fighting Senate Bill 1 is the teachers union. And they have a lot of clout. There are public charter or "magnet" schools in Philly. A HUGE majority of parents WANT there kids to attend those schools. AS Dem state rep Tony Payton says "I have parents knocking at my door asking for options." He gets calls for parents who want to switch their children to charter schools in the "double digits" every day.

newtothegame
01-27-2011, 11:05 PM
New--The underperforming school's would go out of business. That's why the main group that is fighting Senate Bill 1 is the teachers union. And they have a lot of clout. There are public charter or "magnet" schools in Philly. A HUGE majority of parents WANT there kids to attend those schools. AS Dem state rep Tony Payton says "I have parents knocking at my door asking for options." He gets calls for parents who want to switch their children to charter schools in the "double digits" every day.

Well Mel....I can understand why parents would want their kids in better schools. But I just dont see it as a solution.
Still allows for underperforming schools (as a union fight will ensue).
raises taxes to pay for vouchers.
And there are still kids being left out.
Got to fix the school....not move the kids. Just my opinion.

OntheRail
01-28-2011, 02:17 AM

Boxcar
Ok she lived in PUBLIC HOUSING (Government housing paid for or subsidized by others) she paid no property taxes at all. So beggars can't be chooser. She played the system inside and out... then lied to get her kids into another school and further took from the TAX PAYING PUBLIC. I think the sentence was way to light. They should of made her pay 3 times the cost and worked in the school district she would not send her kids to for a year or so free. If she wanted to send her kids to that school she should of moved into the district. Of course that would of meant paying her own way. As I'm sure any public housing there has a back log of a waiting list. Nope to many damn people bend the rules and the BS reasoning about the kids is beyond. I mean lets give a pass to someone that goes into a store and swaps generic labels for name brands cause it was for the kids. Wait a minute people on the tit don't buy generic or use coupons cause they are not really paying for it. Ok... let forgive the car jacker cause they're old rust bucket put their kids in danger. The only thing I disagree with is the felony added to her jacket as I see that as a waste of tax dollars as we no doubt paid for her schooling as well so more tax dollars down the drain. If I was the Judge I'd of sentence her to complete schooling and 1000 hour of Community Service in her school district after graduating and restitution. Failure to comply 3 years into clink and felony added.