PDA

View Full Version : SteedScribe MMTRX vs MMTRX (BRISnet.com Version)

P. D. Mahalik
10-10-2003, 03:18 PM
There is a lot of confusion that needs to be clarified. When I left TrackMaster I was no longer able to use their files, not even as a customer. There were hard feelings.

MMTRX uses TrackMaster files.

Since I no longer had access to TrackMaster files, I decided to develop a new MMTRX that used the cheaper BRISnet.com files. That is the biggest difference in the two software applications as far as price goes.

The reports generated by each are also different. The MMTRX (BRISnet.com Version) offers second-call velocity, turn-time velocity, Mahalik pace points, Mahalik closing points, Quirin speed points, and the last two Beyer ratings. The TrackMaster Version has none of that, but does offer speed and pace ratings as does MMTRX (BRISnet.com Version).

Both offer horse, jockey and trainer win rates, but MMTRX(BRISnet.com Version) offers track wins and lifetime dollars while the TM MTTRX does not. TM MMTRX does allow you to see what the sire's progeny have been doing on today's surface.

That is the story straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and if you have not already received a free sample of MMTRX (BRISnet.com Version, drop me a line at pdmahalik@aol.com.

cj
10-10-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm curious how you are able to use Beyer ratings, I thought they were exclusive to DRF. Am I wrong?

P. D. Mahalik
10-10-2003, 06:29 PM
BRIS makes the data available and that included Beyer ratings and so we jumped on it. I cannot in turn give or sell them to anyone else, and that leaves me with just selling the software that produces the report that contains the Beyer ratings.

Rferguson
10-16-2003, 04:04 PM
Bris has never had or ever will have the beyer numbers. must be talking about speed ratings of maybe prime power. beyer No

Suff
10-16-2003, 04:11 PM
humm. Interesting. Thanks R.

Speed Figure
10-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Rferguson
Bris has never had or ever will have the beyer numbers. must be talking about speed ratings of maybe prime power. beyer No

He gave me a print out report from the program. It did show the beyer figures. Just ask for a report and see for your self.

P. D. Mahalik
10-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Sorry guys. My programmer thought there was a discrepancy, but I did not believe him. There is a software application I use that looked like it used Beyer ratings and my numbers were the same numbers, but it turns out that they were BRIS speed ratings after all.

Thinking they were Beyer numbers I came to have a lot of confidence in them because they were one of the top three discriminators among winners I tracked at Del Mar for the entire meet. I'm willing to state that the BRIS numbers are just as good as the Beyer ratings.

See my Post Parade article at VegasInsider.com for Wednesday, October 15, 2003.

Speed Figure
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
So when the program was showing beyer's they were bris speed ratings? The good thing is they both start with B. :p

Suff
10-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by P. D. Mahalik
Sorry guys. My programmer thought there was a discrepancy, but I did not believe him. There is a software application I use that looked like it used Beyer ratings and my numbers were the same numbers, but it turns out that they were BRIS speed ratings after all.

Thinking they were Beyer numbers I came to have a lot of confidence in them because they were one of the top three discriminators among winners I tracked at Del Mar for the entire meet. I'm willing to state that the BRIS numbers are just as good as the Beyer ratings.

You sell Picks correct? This little Goof or Fib... depending what one wants to believe, sets a little Buz off in my head.

cj
10-16-2003, 07:36 PM
To set the record straight...BRIS was THE original online seller of the Beyer speed figures. They were before DRF and ITS. It all ended when the Racing Times came to be and the rights to them were purchased. I knew for a fact they were not in any BRIS report, I was just curious what kind of answer we would get.

Suff
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Mistakes are made... It would be easy for someone to go through my posts and Find errors. I'm not commenting just to Bust some balls.... But when your in business and there is Money on the Line... You gotta be Dead-On with what you represent in Public. And it's worth pointing out.. that he posted it..was asked by you... still represented it as true..and then when asked a 2nd time recognized the Mistake.

I'd be upset with myself if I was in business and I made this Honest Mistake...

I think on this Board where Par's, Variants, Beyers, Adjusted Beyers, Speed figures, and topics like these are discussed everyday....... The Contractual and Copyright agreements are common knowledge to many.

cj
10-16-2003, 07:56 PM
More importantly, the guy doesn't really know the inside and outs of the very product he is selling.

champs
10-19-2003, 11:02 PM
I have used this software for over 1 1/2 years. I have the Trackmaster version that uses the PP files which only cost $1 for each download. It provides to me valuable stats that allow you to pick winners. I have made some nice scores. If you are real serious in horses it is a plus to your handicapping, as it will allow you to see things that might not come out in viewing the DRF. For $99 not a bad deal. As to his new version with BRISNET files I have no comments as I haven’t used it enough (He has provided a few free copies). The nice part about the low cost MMTRXpp version with Trackmaster facts it provides less information to confuse you. But then again I have not used the new version enough to see if it has the same type of information.

I do respect P. D. Mahalik and notice on the Vegasinsider.com site he recently used the “BRIS” rating vs “BYERS” in his write-up.. If you haven't read his columns in the past he provides good insight and some winners. I scored today on a DD that paid $42 at Santa Anita by playing the favorite in the first race he had (R6) and picking only 2 horses in the 7th.

champs
10-25-2003, 12:43 PM
If you are curious to the MMTRXpp Trackmaster version check this link out

http://members.cox.net/mfernkes/horse_page.htm