PDA

View Full Version : "Oh Miesque,What A Filly"-Haskin

CincyHorseplayer
01-26-2011, 07:29 AM
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/finalturn/archive/2011/01/25/oh-miesque-what-a-filly.aspx

I've wanted to yap about this for a while but it slipped through the cracks.This Miesque piece was nicely timed.She was before my time but I've seen her record and some races and she was something.1:32 and change??Jesus H that's a fast mile.

The most special moment for me during the Breeders Cup was the moment Goldikova won for the 3rd time in 3 years and happened in my horseplaying lifespan.That was very cool.But coming to the realization that Freddy Head had done it and was Miesque's jockey,well,that just blew me away.What an incredible coincidence hugh?!!!

That is a remarkable achievement.I can't imagine the emotions Head felt during this process.Seeing him postrace with Goldy,that was a bigtime moment:ThmbUp:.Both these two are household names over here.

Offthepace
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Cincy, got to agree with you on Miesque and Goldikova.Two great Europian turf milers.Miesque set the bar and Goldikova set it higher.I thought it was exceptional for Goldikova to win the Breeders Cup Turf Mile three years in a row.I was hoping for her to be Horse Of The Year but 5 votes would not do it.How she only got 5 votes is beyond me!

CincyHorseplayer
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for responding Offpace.It's been a slow day here obviously.I thought I was in the Twilight Zone on Breeders Cup day talking about this and how big of a deal it was and is.Damn,this is storybook material,But it gets the under the bus treatment!!

Oh well hugh?!!!What can you do?;)