PDA

View Full Version : Jade Hunter

joanied
01-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Another champion has passed. Tough on the good folks at Old Friends, having two of their equine friends pass away so close together, he sounds like he was a great favorite at the facility. Lived a good long like and will not be forgotten in racing history. Damned colic claims too many lives.

Jade Hunter
R.I.P

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/breeding-news/2011/01/24/jade-hunter-obituary.aspx

Has anyone here heard any kind of news about Azeri? being in japan she's all but forgotten, and it still makes me mad they let her go. IMO, she belongs in America.

nijinski
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear of his death , but I'm glad he got to spend his last days
at OF . RIP Jade Hunter.

Broad Brush
01-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Another champion has passed. Tough on the good folks at Old Friends, having two of their equine friends pass away so close together, he sounds like he was a great favorite at the facility. Lived a good long like and will not be forgotten in racing history. Damned colic claims too many lives.

Jade Hunter
R.I.P

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/breeding-news/2011/01/24/jade-hunter-obituary.aspx

Has anyone here heard any kind of news about Azeri? being in japan she's all but forgotten, and it still makes me mad they let her go. IMO, she belongs in America.

Hello Joanied, you are a true fan who can always be counted on to give these
horses their due respect. I remember Jade Hunter's battles with Cryptoclearance
well. Does sound like he lived out his days well--wish that could be for all of them.

nijinski
01-25-2011, 01:43 AM

Jade Hunter
R.I.P

Going to try to find something on her Joanied. I was upset as well about her
sale , there were the court procceedings involving the Paulson family trust , and then it seems she was on the block, they got a real bargain .
Can't believe no one here wouldn't have outbid the Japanese interests.
She was in foal to Distorted Humour to boot.
I too hope she comes back.
Jade Hunter also gave us these runners remember Diazo , Hallory Hunter , Stuka and Global Hunter these are just a few of his standouts.

joanied
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Hello Joanied, you are a true fan who can always be counted on to give these
horses their due respect. I remember Jade Hunter's battles with Cryptoclearance
well. Does sound like he lived out his days well--wish that could be for all of them.

I wish that too...some owners are better than others!!

I tried to find a video of him racing against Crypto, but could not.

joanied
01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Going to try to find something on her Joanied. I was upset as well about her
sale , there were the court procceedings involving the Paulson family trust , and then it seems she was on the block, they got a real bargain .
Can't believe no one here wouldn't have outbid the Japanese interests.
She was in foal to Distorted Humour to boot.
I too hope she comes back.
Jade Hunter also gave us these runners remember Diazo , Hallory Hunter , Stuka and Global Hunter these are just a few of his standouts.

It'd be great if you can find something, nijinski...I tried but didn't come up with anything...just that she was sold to Japan i/f to Distorted Humor and she'd had 3 other foals, the one we know about, AP Indy's Take Control (what ever happened to him??) and by Giant's Causway & Ghostzapper...and have never heard a word about those foals either...I did a search for her specifically and also Northern Farm in Japan and also the owner, Yoshida...it's a mystery.

I too was shocked that no one from USA would outbid the Japanese, I was outraged that Paulson's son would sell her off like that...poor :rolleyes: baby didn't have enough money already?
I'm sure Alan Paulson was turning in his grave, he never would have let her go. Even the man that bought her said she was "a national treasure'...
and what sense does it make to buy her back for 4.4 million, then sell her for half that?
Paulson's widow, (I can't recall her name:blush: ) married T Boone Pickens, all the money in the world there...wish she'd make the Japanese an offer they can't refuse and get Azeri back home, where she belongs.

Please be sure to post if you find out anything.

Fingal
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I check out the Old Friend's Blog every day. Sometimes it's pictures, sometimes it's prose, & today it's about the time Jade Hunter spent there- it's a good read.

http://oldfriendsblog.wordpress.com/

joanied
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I check out the Old Friend's Blog every day. Sometimes it's pictures, sometimes it's prose, & today it's about the time Jade Hunter spent there- it's a good read.

http://oldfriendsblog.wordpress.com/

I very good read...emotional. I love reading about the personalities of these good horses, and the folks at Old Freinds sure have a way with words!
I also go there a few times a week to read up, and donate $$ often....I'd sure love to visit there some day.
Thanks for the link, Fingal:ThmbUp:

nijinski
01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
It'd be great if you can find something, nijinski...I tried but didn't come up with anything...just that she was sold to Japan i/f to Distorted Humor and she'd had 3 other foals, the one we know about, AP Indy's Take Control (what ever happened to him??) and by Giant's Causway & Ghostzapper...and have never heard a word about those foals either...I did a search for her specifically and also Northern Farm in Japan and also the owner, Yoshida...it's a mystery.

I too was shocked that no one from USA would outbid the Japanese, I was outraged that Paulson's son would sell her off like that...poor :rolleyes: baby didn't have enough money already?
I'm sure Alan Paulson was turning in his grave, he never would have let her go. Even the man that bought her said she was "a national treasure'...
and what sense does it make to buy her back for 4.4 million, then sell her for half that?
Paulson's widow, (I can't recall her name:blush: ) married T Boone Pickens, all the money in the world there...wish she'd make the Japanese an offer they can't refuse and get Azeri back home, where she belongs.

Please be sure to post if you find out anything.
You are right on with eveything you posted,
I;m going to send e mail to someone I know who haqs has a lot of interest in Japan racing and breeding. I hope I can find somethiing soon.

joanied
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Check Out Our Blog! (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=vpzuvzcab&et=1104298975939&s=259&e=001oriZmMisvthdIRYbb8dja54tGUcOZjXXE9zgVo_82zi0Q AqmrtLZ0fv3d7tsKjgeABu8TwpL73SvtPSXmtS15TmidMgN8Ma o7b-GP-iiPh41WIj7lrLftApuAXZ_jLsU)

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/ftf_btn_1.gif (http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102520673781&a=1104298975939&ea=fdf47%40tctwest.net)

Auction Items Needed
If anyone would like to donate auction items for our upcoming events, please give us a call at 502-863-1775 or email sylvia@oldfriendsequine.org

Examples of things that go well at our auctions are equine art, horse racing memorabilia, travel or services, and gift items. Think 'out of the stall' and as always, thanks very much for your support.

Jade Hunter 1984 - 2011

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs062/1102520673781/img/40.jpg

photo by Rick Capone </IMG>

From Michael...
Sunday afternoon, Jade Hunter was euthanized at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute due to complications from colic. It's another sad time for all of the old friends he left behind. Everytime we lose one of these great athletes they take a piece of us with them. He was a great pal and I'd like to thank Steve Haskin for the invaluable photograph he took of Jade Hunter just a fortnight before his death. These are always heartbreaking times but I treasure the privilege of being with Jade Hunter in his final moments. After all the places he went, and all the things he accomplished, I was honored to be with him at the end to provide what little solace we could. I'd like to think that Jade Hunter would be very pleased to know that he didn't die anonymously. In just a few hours after we announced his death, there were an onslaught of phone calls and e-mails from his friends. I think it would mean a lot to him and I know it means a lot to us. Mary Adkins Matthews, one of our most devoted supporters wrote, "there is a shadow when a great horse has passed." And that's true. Every time I pass the big tree near Clever Allemont's paddock, I'm reminded of how Precisionist basked in its cool shade and Flying Pidgeon tried to reach its leaves. In the barn, the biggest stall with mats hammered into place by Brian Spaulding, retains the echoes of Black Tie Affair's demand for carrots and the eternal memory of Jade Hunter's unbelievable stoicism. It doesn't get easier for them or for us to call it a day. Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to all of us..

I said it before...they have a way with words, and I love reading anything Old Friends. If the above doesn't bring a tiny tear to your eyes, you haven't got a heart, IMO:)

I was gonna delete the aution & blog link...but what the hell:)