PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Jim Park's Book

llegend39
01-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Looking for Dr. Jim Parks(Gapfire) book I believe it was called Cracking the Track? I had a copy and gave it away several years ago If anyone had it or know where I can get a copy PM me Im willing to purchase or trade for it Thanks

Gapfire
01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Looking for Dr. Jim Parks(Gapfire) book I believe it was called Cracking the Track? I had a copy and gave it away several years ago If anyone had it or know where I can get a copy PM me Im willing to purchase or trade for it Thanks

Hi llegend39,

Several years ago, my dad wrote "Cracking the Track" as a Christmas gift to me. As such, it was not initially written for public consumption. It has many good ideas, but it is very technical. I have one copy left, and it is that original Christmas gift. Unfortunately it is no longer in print.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest my dad's second book "Logical Longshots". It is a much better read, and has incorporated some changes to his original theory.

Thanks for the interest,

Kevin

llegend39
01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi llegend39,

Several years ago, my dad wrote "Cracking the Track" as a Christmas gift to me. As such, it was not initially written for public consumption. It has many good ideas, but it is very technical. I have one copy left, and it is that original Christmas gift. Unfortunately it is no longer in print.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest my dad's second book "Logical Longshots". It is a much better read, and has incorporated some changes to his original theory.

Thanks for the interest,

Kevin

Thanks I bought the original E-book when it first came out-didn't find it as useful as the Cracking the Track

timtam
01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Thats funny it wasn't for public consumption but I purchased Cracking the
Track in 2009 and received gapfires quick anaylisis for an entire year until a couple of weeks ago when they UPDATED the data and found my memeber
ship expired. Of course the usual pay for 2 and get a third day free or
something like that which I declined. The kid also pushed a new book on
longshots which I also declined. I do remember there was always a free
pick on the site an many times it DIDNOT coincide with the Quick Analyiss
top pick so I was a little leary.

Gapfire
01-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Thats funny it wasn't for public consumption but I purchased Cracking the
Track in 2009 and received gapfires quick anaylisis for an entire year until a couple of weeks ago when they UPDATED the data and found my memeber
ship expired. Of course the usual pay for 2 and get a third day free or
something like that which I declined. The kid also pushed a new book on
longshots which I also declined. I do remember there was always a free
pick on the site an many times it DIDNOT coincide with the Quick Analyiss
top pick so I was a little leary.

What are you questioning here sir? You bought the book in 2009, and 1 year membership in early 2009. I ended your membership a couple of weeks ago.

In other words we gave you over a year and a half membership. You were only supposed to get 1 year, and you are complaining about this?

Yes, the Quickgaps(gapfire figures) do not always coincide with the free play analysis because they are a very good computer tool. However, as is the case with any figures, further handicapping is always a good idea. Having said that, both the Quickgaps and my dad's free play are very powerful. eg. 5 straight wins on the free play, and just yesterday the Quickgaps hit a $3000+ pick 3 at Penn National.

Also, when I contacted you about your expired membership, I offered you a bonus deal on any further purchases. I don't understand what you find offensive about this either. Also, when you say the kid "pushed" a new book.
I didn't push anything, and we rarely send any advertising out to anyone.

Oh and btw, I'm 46 years old, so I don't know if the kid stuff flies anymore.
:)

Thanks,
Kevin

timtam
01-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I guess my whole post was misrepresented. I just thought it odd that you

posted Crack the Track was just for you but I managed to purchase it.

I never once questioned anyones ethics and by far it was NOT a negative

post I just stated sometimes the play of he day and the Quickgaps came up

with different selections. I did get months for free but when you wanted me

to reup and were 'suggesting' another book. Nothing was meant to be

negative or any kind of bad will toward Gapfires site.

Gapfire
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
I guess my whole post was misrepresented. I just thought it odd that you

posted Crack the Track was just for you but I managed to purchase it.

I never once questioned anyones ethics and by far it was NOT a negative

post I just stated sometimes the play of he day and the Quickgaps came up

with different selections. I did get months for free but when you wanted me

to reup and were 'suggesting' another book. Nothing was meant to be

negative or any kind of bad will toward Gapfires site.

Thank you Tim Tam,

Cracking The Track was not originally written for public consumption. It was a Christmas gift. We only went to the internet with it later, when others who read it suggested that it might be a good idea.

Logical Longshots, the second book my father wrote, was written for the handicapping public. It trys to find those selections that ability figures cannot find. This explains why my dad's free play sometimes differs from the Quickgaps. He normally uses the Quickgaps as a starting point though, and he then makes adjustments form there.

My dad puts a lot of effort into our free play page, blogging, and telling jokes
providing links to human interests outside of horse racing etc. I think he hits at a very high rate for something that is free. When people buy memberships, we always let them stay on much longer than what they paid for. That's why I get somewhat sensitive when some sleights our integrity. Sorry if this was not the intent of your post, but that's the way I took it.

Sorry if you felt that you were asked to "reup". I just wanted to let you know what we offered when your membership ran out. We do have expenses, and it is always nice to make sales.

Thanks again,

Kevin