PDA

View Full Version : How'd we miss this one ? Left wing Killer?

JustRalph
01-24-2011, 01:02 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/01/left_wing_climate_of_hate_and.html

Successful propaganda is composed of equal parts deception and suppression, and the apparatchiks in the mainstream media are much better at the latter.

They may have erred in pushing the Arizona assassination attempt beyond its ideological limits last week, but they succeeded brilliantly a few months earlier in suppressing news of a nearly lethal attempt by a genuine leftist.

see the link for more

Robert Goren
01-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Both sides have their outliers. The difference is the left doesn't try to pretend theirs are just insane unlike the right. With Fox news out there, how can anyone claim that the left is suppressing anything. Maybe you should ask Fox why they didn't cover this story. It must be their left wing bias.

ArlJim78
01-24-2011, 07:29 AM
we all know how this story would have been rec'd had this guy not been a verified lefty. it would have been headline news for weeks like the Tucson deal. this one didn't fit the narrative though.

the left must rely on propaganda, smears, lies, and a false narrative to maintain control and to distract people from discovering their corruption and failures. sadly for the most part they're successful..

boxcar
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Both sides have their outliers. The difference is the left doesn't try to pretend theirs are just insane unlike the right. With Fox news out there, how can anyone claim that the left is suppressing anything. Maybe you should ask Fox why they didn't cover this story. It must be their left wing bias.

If you want to play the moral equivalency game that way, we could play quantitatively, and I guarantee you the Left would lose.

Boxcar

mostpost
01-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Maybe there was no national coverage, because there was no there there. Fox news covered it briefly. There were a couple of stories in Huffington Post. Local media covered it extensively. There was a ton of coverage on rightwing blogs like pajamasmedia and American Thinker, but all of that was not for the purpose of covering the story. It was strictly to set up a straw man about Mainstream media blah, blah, blah.

mostpost
01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
If you want to play the moral equivalency game that way, we could play quantitatively, and I guarantee you the Left would lose.

Boxcar
I think we can divide these incidents into three broad categories.
First would be random acts perpetrated by unstable individuals. In some cases these people may have an ideological bias, but their attacks are not directed against a specific group which they are opposed to. The Tucson shooter would be an example. Mental illness plays a part in these shootings. Columbine and Virginia Tech are examples here.

Second would be attacks fomented by outside groups or their sympathizers. Attacks such as the World Trade Center Bombings, The attack on USS Cole and the shootings at Fort Hood.

Finally we have those attacks in which a person of a specific political ideology
targets people who have an opposite political ideology. Here are several examples of this.

On July 20, 2010 Byron Willliams was stopped by the California Highway Patrol for speeding. Upon approaching Williams car the officers noticed a large quantity of arms and ammunition in the car. They also saw Williams preparing to open fire. A firefight ensued in which two officers were wounded and Williams was captured. An investigation learned that Williams was on his way to the Tides Foundation in San Francisco for the stated purpose of killing workers there. He also planned to do the same at an ACLU office. The Tides foundation is engaged in working in the community and helping the poor and all that Liberal stuff. ACLU even has civil liberties in its name.

On June 10, 2009 James von Brunn entered the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. and killed a guard. von Brunn was a white supremacist and anti semite who believed the Holocaust never happened and that there was a jewish plot to destroy the white gene pool.

On July 27, 2008 David Adkisson entered the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church (We all know how liberal those Unitarians are) and opened fire killing at least two people. During his police interrogation Adkisson stated that he went there with the avowed purpose of killing liberals.

On May 19, 1995 Timothy McVeigh drove a van loaded with explosives to the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Ok. The resultant explosion killed 169 people including many children. McVeigh's motivation? Protesting a too powerful and too pervasive government. Not exactly a liberal concern. (at least according to you.

On May 31, 2009 Scott Roeder entered Reformation Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kansas and shot Dr. George Tiller in the head, killing him. Dr. Tiller ran an abortion clinic and Scott Roeder was a radical antiabortionist. In case you don't know; liberals = pro choice; conservatives = pro life (although neither term accurately describes either position.

So, there Mr. Boxcar are several examples of conservative violence, I eagerly, but with no expectation, await your examples from the left.

boxcar
01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I think we can divide these incidents into three broad categories.
First would be random acts perpetrated by unstable individuals. In some cases these people may have an ideological bias, but their attacks are not directed against a specific group which they are opposed to. The Tucson shooter would be an example. Mental illness plays a part in these shootings. Columbine and Virginia Tech are examples here.

Second would be attacks fomented by outside groups or their sympathizers. Attacks such as the World Trade Center Bombings, The attack on USS Cole and the shootings at Fort Hood.

Finally we have those attacks in which a person of a specific political ideology
targets people who have an opposite political ideology. Here are several examples of this.

On July 20, 2010 Byron Willliams was stopped by the California Highway Patrol for speeding. Upon approaching Williams car the officers noticed a large quantity of arms and ammunition in the car. They also saw Williams preparing to open fire. A firefight ensued in which two officers were wounded and Williams was captured. An investigation learned that Williams was on his way to the Tides Foundation in San Francisco for the stated purpose of killing workers there. He also planned to do the same at an ACLU office. The Tides foundation is engaged in working in the community and helping the poor and all that Liberal stuff. ACLU even has civil liberties in its name.

On June 10, 2009 James von Brunn entered the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. and killed a guard. von Brunn was a white supremacist and anti semite who believed the Holocaust never happened and that there was a jewish plot to destroy the white gene pool.

On July 27, 2008 David Adkisson entered the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church (We all know how liberal those Unitarians are) and opened fire killing at least two people. During his police interrogation Adkisson stated that he went there with the avowed purpose of killing liberals.

On May 19, 1995 Timothy McVeigh drove a van loaded with explosives to the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Ok. The resultant explosion killed 169 people including many children. McVeigh's motivation? Protesting a too powerful and too pervasive government. Not exactly a liberal concern. (at least according to you.

On May 31, 2009 Scott Roeder entered Reformation Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kansas and shot Dr. George Tiller in the head, killing him. Dr. Tiller ran an abortion clinic and Scott Roeder was a radical antiabortionist. In case you don't know; liberals = pro choice; conservatives = pro life (although neither term accurately describes either position.

So, there Mr. Boxcar are several examples of conservative violence, I eagerly, but with no expectation, await your examples from the left.

Go see the Malkin thread. She provided plenty -- more than you have. But I will add one that I think she missed (although her list was by no means comprehensive): The Kennedy assassination.

Boxcar

mostpost
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Go see the Malkin thread. She provided plenty -- more than you have. But I will add one that I think she missed (although her list was by no means comprehensive): The Kennedy assassination.

Boxcar
you make me feel like the schoolyard bully beating up the crippled kid. I provide several example in which people were killed and injured. You respond with a Michelle Malkin piece in which people were yelled at and maybe their feelings were hurt. And you think there is an equivalence there.

Not only is there not an equivalence, but a lot of the things listed by Malkin are just bizarrely false. I will limit myself to one.

Malkin claims that the Getty museum displayed a picture in which someone is pointing a rifle at the head of Sarah Palin. She cites this as an example of left wing hatred. Malkin is lying and anyone who thinks she is not is a fool.
In the first place, in the photo reproduced in Malkins column, the man is not pointing the rifle at Palin's head. This is clear from the position of the rifle and the angle of the man's feet.

The Getty Museum display was an interactive piece. In front of the painting of Palin and her daughter was a large dead animal ( a Walrus, I think-not real of course) The idea was that visitors could pose in front of the painting and come away with a souvenir of themselves "hunting" with Sarah Palin.

Malkin must have known this, yet she promoted the fiction that someone was encouraging the shooting of Palin.

To compound her dishonesty Malkin writes:
Getty has since yanked the photo, but as one commenter who saw the photo at Getty’s site before it was yanked noted: “To see that image presented as if it were completely normal and purchasable was shocking.”

That "Commenter" was no unbiased observer, but someone commenting on Malkins own website. In other words someone just like you. A sheep incapable of independent thought.

boxcar
01-24-2011, 11:25 PM
you make me feel like the schoolyard bully beating up the crippled kid. I provide several example in which people were killed and injured. You respond with a Michelle Malkin piece in which people were yelled at and maybe their feelings were hurt. And you think there is an equivalence there.

Not only is there not an equivalence, but a lot of the things listed by Malkin are just bizarrely false. I will limit myself to one.

Malkin claims that the Getty museum displayed a picture in which someone is pointing a rifle at the head of Sarah Palin. She cites this as an example of left wing hatred. Malkin is lying and anyone who thinks she is not is a fool.
In the first place, in the photo reproduced in Malkins column, the man is not pointing the rifle at Palin's head. This is clear from the position of the rifle and the angle of the man's feet.

The Getty Museum display was an interactive piece. In front of the painting of Palin and her daughter was a large dead animal ( a Walrus, I think-not real of course) The idea was that visitors could pose in front of the painting and come away with a souvenir of themselves "hunting" with Sarah Palin.

Malkin must have known this, yet she promoted the fiction that someone was encouraging the shooting of Palin.

To compound her dishonesty Malkin writes:

That "Commenter" was no unbiased observer, but someone commenting on Malkins own website. In other words someone just like you. A sheep incapable of independent thought.

The Pot calling the Kettle black? From your talking points-oriented posts, I'm beginning to believe you've never had an original thought in life. :rolleyes:

And you quibble over one of Malkin example? But all the rest were legit, right? You're pathetic!

Anyhow...knock yourself out on this site.

http://markhumphrys.com/left.tyranny.html#terrorism

In fact, the Left Wingnuts have actually called a revolution in the U.S.

http://biggovernment.com/tag/left-wing-violence/

Boxcar