PDA

View Full Version : i thought he'd live forever

sonnyp
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
i'm 60. when i was a little boy, in the early days of tv, before it was trendy, i used to watch a guy doing an exercise show.

i've seen him the last few years pitching a juicer and he looked great even though he was in his 90's.

just read, at 96, jack lalanne passed away. i know we all are gonna go, but this guy really believed in what he was selling and lived a long life. good for him.

i respect inovatators, and am saddened when they go, leaving all the copy cats behind.

Let's Roll
01-24-2011, 02:38 AM
I'm even younger than you, I watched in the 60's too. Had the pleasure
of riding an elevator with Jack and Elaine, somewhere in Los Angeles during the 80's.
They don't make them like Jack any more. My condolences to his family, friends and fans. RIP

lamboguy
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
the greatest line i ever heard from jack lalane was, the only thing good about a donut is the hole in the middle!

sorry to lose a great man today

DJofSD
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Growing up in the LA area, I too, can remember seeing him on TV.

When was the last time he did is famous swim?

There's another person that comes to mind when thinking about being fit well into old age. That is Gary Player, the Black Knight. He is in fantastic shape for some on in his 70's and can out do most of the much younger guys on tour when it comes to flexibility and exercise.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm 51 and used to watch him on TV, and tried (back then) to exercise. Yes, I thought he'd live forever too! Surprised he didn't crack 100, so many who didn't do what he did make it. Read it was respitory failure from pnumonia. Dang, if pnumonia can take out Jack Lalanne, that's one tough adverasry!

Tom
01-24-2011, 11:53 AM
He used to hang out in some of the local lounges in Rochester and my sister met him a few times. No booze, just out meeting women! And making bets on stuff he could do - which was a lot!

Sugar Ron
01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
My mom no doubt shed some tears

This guy was a GIANT in physical fitness and she loved him ... and instilled those same principles of healthy eating and plenty of exercise into me and my brothers at an early age.

"It's a lifestyle, it's something you do the rest of your life," LaLanne said.

Thanks, Jack ... there are still many of us here who will carry on............

wisconsin
01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
"If it's man-made, don't eat it"

"If it tastes good, spit it out"

Words of wisdom from Jack.