PDA

View Full Version : Conference championships

Valuist
01-23-2011, 12:18 PM
season: 54-47-2

GB/Chicago UNDER 42--this game features the 1st and 3rd best defenses against the pass (based on QB rating against; not yardage). Don't think weather will be a big factor, other than the fact it will be much worse than the perfect conditions Rodgers got to play in last week. GB has allowed only 141 points in their last 11 games. Chicago D had nothing to play for in week 17 having the 2nd seed sewn up yet still held GB to a mere 10 points in Lambeau.

Jets +4---this is more of a gut feeling pick. Steelers were my first impression, but they have injury issues on O-line. Wallace has become their big play guy but Revis will nullify him. Jets want to run the ball but nobody runs on Pitt. Looking for Holmes to come up big against his old team. Logic says Pitt; gut says Jets.

slew101
01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Chicago +4 and ML +165
Pitt -3.5 and ML -190

horses4courses
01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Taking both dogs and the over.

$110 Bears +3.5

$110 Over 42

$110 Jets +4

$110 Over 38

Good luck!

slew101
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Playing the Bears was like burning money. Don't know what I was thinking. :bang:

sonnyp
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
im watching this green bay/chicago game and all the way down to 5:00 in the 4th the bears offense looks like death and loses the starting qb to boot.

finally, out of desperation, they try something with a little imagination. they go up tempo...try to change the pace alittle....maybe keep some of the greenbay personnel off the field...and what happens ? right down the field and right back in the game. i realize the packer defense was feelin alittle fat and happy, but you gotta do something with an attack that wasn't working. probably too little,too late.

that's the trouble with these pros...too structured...play not to lose.

Grits
01-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Go Jets!!!

Sanchez, roll on, honey, roll on.

Much good luck, guys.

14 degrees with lower wind chill. Awful! I feel for both teams.

Zippy Chippy
01-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Ugh, if only i was betting this year.
Im kicking myself!
I'd be 8-1 in the Playoffs w/ my lone loss Pitt over Baltimore.. Love the Jets and Pack today.

slew101
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I agree. Pats did the same thing last week in the 3rd quarter. They went no huddle and scored their only TD. Then in the 4th, they stopped doing it.

Bears at least made it interesting, although I don't think anybody thought they were scoring on that last drive.

im watching this green bay/chicago game and all the way down to 5:00 in the 4th the bears offense looks like death and loses the starting qb to boot.

finally, out of desperation, they try something with a little imagination. they go up tempo...try to change the pace alittle....maybe keep some of the greenbay personnel off the field...and what happens ? right down the field and right back in the game. i realize the packer defense was feelin alittle fat and happy, but you gotta do something with an attack that wasn't working. probably too little,too late.

that's the trouble with these pros...too structured...play not to lose.