PDA

View Full Version : A special Thank You to Lamboguy...

onefast99
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Lambo introduced me to Tony Everhard at New Episode training center several months ago and we shipped him a Stormello baby early this month. This is a very special horse for me as I named her for my sister who passed away from colon cancer in September 2009. Her name is Chemo Warrior, based on the many times my sister frequented the chemotherapy room at Summit Medical Group in NJ during her 8 year long cancer battle. She helped ease the pain of other chemo patients by organizing all types of activities as well as the one item that all chemo patients looked forward to after therapy, the special food trays. 10% of the winings from this horse will go directly to the SMG chemotherapy room. At this point I can't tell you we have the next Zenyatta but with my sisters guidance from up above she will give it her all! She also invited many cancer survivors to the races along with the special nurses who are such an important part of the patients therapy.

lamboguy
01-21-2011, 05:41 PM
thank you very much, but its not me, its tony, he is as good as it gets. he has been putting champions on the track for decades now. tony is a great partner because he puts up with my bs. i certainly hope that the stormello baby turns out great because i know how special she is to you. i am going to look forward to her on the track and watching her develop.

Stillriledup
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Good luck 99, we will be rooting for you!

joanied
01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Well, I think both of you guys, lambo & onefast, deserve a pat on the back and a high five:ThmbUp: ...onefast, I am sorry for your loss, it sounds like your sister was an amazing person that touched many lives in a very positive way...may she rest in peace.

I hope Chemo Warrior truns out to be as special as your sister was...it would be wonderful if you could let everyone here know when Chemo Warrior is going to run, so we can cheer her on to the wire and then the winners circle...

best of luck with your filly and Godspeed

onefast99
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you everyone, I will give updates as she goes thru the process of being broken by Tony. I can't say enough about Tony and his wife, they are really nice people to know and work with.

CryingForTheHorses
01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Good luck with her Brian!!...God Bless your sister :ThmbUp:

DeanT
01-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Nice filly trained by nice people, (hopefully) racing for someone close to you, and giving some earnings to a good cause to boot.

I love stories like this. Keep us posted and good luck!

mountainman
01-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Having lost my mom to cancer, I find the tribute to your sister very moving. Surely the strong, well-chosen name you've given your filly will inspire players afflicted with the disease. It's fitting that you turned to Phil for assistance. He's a good man and great judge of horsemen.

Exotic1
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Lambo introduced me to Tony Everhard at New Episode ... Sounds like good karma all around. Best of Luck.

Ocala Mike
01-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Best of luck with your horse. New Episode is not far from me on NW 110th Ave. (I live on NW 115th Ave.). Going to a stallion show at Journeyman tomorrow hoping to win a free season.

Ocala Mike

nijinski
01-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Your post made me tear up . Very touching snd special.
Best of luck with your Stormello baby and please keep us updated .

NJ Stinks
01-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Onefast99, you are a great brother. I'll be rooting hard for Chemo Warrior. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

NY BRED
01-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Sad story about your sister, I'm hoping this baby fills the void and
runs like your posted name.

:ThmbUp:

Shelby
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Well, I think both of you guys, lambo & onefast, deserve a pat on the back and a high five:ThmbUp: ...onefast, I am sorry for your loss, it sounds like your sister was an amazing person that touched many lives in a very positive way...may she rest in peace.

I hope Chemo Warrior truns out to be as special as your sister was...it would be wonderful if you could let everyone here know when Chemo Warrior is going to run, so we can cheer her on to the wire and then the winners circle...

best of luck with your filly and Godspeed

I totally agree!!! Please keep us updated!!

onefast99
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Tomorrow I will get the low down on this horse from Tony. Once I have some news I will let you all know. Thanks again everyone, especially lamboguy!(sorry to interrupt your morning workout:) )

5k-claim
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Your filly has a fantastic name, and a great cause.

I put her in my stable alert, and will root for her.

Good Luck !!

onefast99
03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Today we received some very encouraging news on Chemo Warrior, she will breeze this week. She has been training and learning how to be a race-horse since January if all goes well she will make her racing debut at Monmouth Park in late June or July.

Helles
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
That's great news OneFast. I'll be following her progress with interest.

Good luck!

FiveWide
03-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Today we received some very encouraging news on Chemo Warrior, she will breeze this week. She has been training and learning how to be a race-horse since January if all goes well she will make her racing debut at Monmouth Park in late June or July.

Just curious who the trainer is? And I love the name! :ThmbUp: What a great cause too! I plan on following your story.

-Five

onefast99
03-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Just curious who the trainer is? And I love the name! :ThmbUp: What a great cause too! I plan on following your story.

-Five
Joe Orseno