PDA

View Full Version : Work group for exotics anyone?

windoor
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Last year I decided to play some exacta's, triples and the superfecta on select races.
The exacta play returned a small profit and the triples and superfecta failed miserably.

Basically, I would only make an exotic wager if I had two real contenders in the race (A race were I would normally play both to win) then add in the one or two most likely to get on the board.

I remember a time when my dad and I went to track and would usually sit next to a couple of elderly gentleman who were avid race fans. After a while we got to talking, and “Pooled” our knowledge about the upcoming race for a triple play. Only a fool would not consider my dad’s pick (If a playable race for him) to use in the triple as he had a very high percentage of getting his selection on the board. We did fairly well for a time.

Even back then, I had an interest in the long-shot play and could usually be counted on to supply a high odd horse to hit the board to increase the pay out.

The question is: Can we do something like this here? How would it be set it up? Maybe keep it to a certain amount of “members only” based on his/her ability to hit the board. Odd and percentage based? Could we keep it honest? Maybe pool the wager money within a treasury and only play when we have a consensus or maybe just decide on which tracks to play and let anyone wager as they will?

Many questions that I don’t have the answers for.

Has it been tried here before?

Maybe it’s just a bad idea to begin with.

What say you?

Regards,

Windoor

Market Mover
01-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Last year I decided to play some exacta's, triples and the superfecta on select races.
The exacta play returned a small profit and the triples and superfecta failed miserably.

Basically, I would only make an exotic wager if I had two real contenders in the race (A race were I would normally play both to win) then add in the one or two most likely to get on the board.

I remember a time when my dad and I went to track and would usually sit next to a couple of elderly gentleman who were avid race fans. After a while we got to talking, and “Pooled” our knowledge about the upcoming race for a triple play. Only a fool would not consider my dad’s pick (If a playable race for him) to use in the triple as he had a very high percentage of getting his selection on the board. We did fairly well for a time.

Even back then, I had an interest in the long-shot play and could usually be counted on to supply a high odd horse to hit the board to increase the pay out.

The question is: Can we do something like this here? How would it be set it up? Maybe keep it to a certain amount of “members only” based on his/her ability to hit the board. Odd and percentage based? Could we keep it honest? Maybe pool the wager money within a treasury and only play when we have a consensus or maybe just decide on which tracks to play and let anyone wager as they will?

Many questions that I don’t have the answers for.

Has it been tried here before?

Maybe it’s just a bad idea to begin with.

What say you?

Regards,

Windoor

No way to enforce. It's like asking someone to wager for you at the windows and then you see them make a beeline for the parking lot....

windoor
01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
No way to enforce. It's like asking someone to wager for you at the windows and then you see them make a beeline for the parking lot....

Yeah, the treasury idea probably wouldn't fly, but maybe you could post your selections on tracks you normally don' t play (but someone else does) and they could do the same.

Agree on a set of tracks to cover everyone who wants to join in.

Regards,

Windoor