PDA

View Full Version : New Method

jasperson
01-21-2011, 12:27 PM
I think I will try a new method of handicapping. Before going to the track I will check my horoscope and the track handicappers horoscope and if mine is good and his is bad I will bet against him. If mine is bad and his is good I will bet with him. If they are both bad I will stay at home. What do you guys think?:D :D

Greyfox
01-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I think I will try a new method of handicapping. Before going to the track I will check my horoscope and the track handicappers horoscope and if mine is good and his is bad I will bet against him. If mine is bad and his is good I will bet with him. If they are both bad I will stay at home. What do you guys think?:D :D

Undoubtedly you are on to something.
Be aware though that the horoscope changed markedly on Jan 18 2011.
Here are changes that you need to follow:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. (Yep, this one is new — read all about the Ophiuchus way of life here (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/ophiuchus-what-all-saggitarius-and-capricorns-need-to-know-about-their-new-zodiac/?iid=nfmostpopular))
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
This is the dawning of the Age of Ophiuchus
Age of Ophiuchus
Of who you ask?
Ophiuchus.

Now that all the date ranges changed, does who one is and how one is supposedly like change too? I don't belive in Horoscopes, frankly, and this made it even sillier in my mind, although I consider it in fun only. Biorhtyhms I also don't believe in, although it is a bit of math magic fun, but just fun only to me at least. (Sorry, but you did ask us what we thought.)

Paying for personal horoscopes - Ophiuchus Consumption?

Capper Al
01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Try some magic dust instead. Just sprinkle it over your program.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Magic-Fairy-Dust-bottles-vial-charm-crystal-ball-Lot-/250758816199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6263e1c7

netbet
01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Geez,

No wonder I never won the lottery when my "Horror Scope" said to play every cent I had on any given number.

Coleman
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Stop at a Chinese restaurant on the way to the track. The fortune cookie will contain the key words of wisdom, which--if correctly interpreted--will tell you whether you should, or should not, use your horoscope method.

Worst case, at least you had lunch.

Greyfox
01-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Stop at a Chinese restaurant on the way to the track. The fortune cookie will contain the key words of wisdom, which--if correctly interpreted--will tell you whether you should, or should not, use your horoscope method.

Worst case, at least you had lunch.

Yes. And you will feel hungry again 1/2 hour later. :lol:

TimesTheyRAChangin
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
What happens if they're both good?

rastajenk
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Then you take a poke at MegaMillions or PowerBall. :p

jasperson
01-21-2011, 09:25 PM
What happens if they're both good?
I guess I bet the farm on his picks

Pace Cap'n
01-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Me: "I don't believe in reincarnation."

Her: "You'll be smarter in your next life."

Zman179
01-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Undoubtedly you are on to something.
Be aware though that the horoscope changed markedly on Jan 18 2011.
Here are changes that you need to follow:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. (Yep, this one is new — read all about the Ophiuchus way of life here (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/ophiuchus-what-all-saggitarius-and-capricorns-need-to-know-about-their-new-zodiac/?iid=nfmostpopular))
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

The horoscope did not change, this was just one Minnesota wackjob's opinion of what it should be. The person was interviewed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, it became viral, and there it is. But it's total bullsh*t. Ophiuchus?!? Cuh freakin' mon!

BlueShoe
01-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Great idea, but needs a little tweaking. After checking to see if your horoscope is good, you should then check and see what it says about the trainers and jockeys of the horses you intend to wager on. Usually their birth dates can be found online or at another source. Next, the hard part, finding when your horse was foaled and checking his/hers horoscope and seeing if it is good. If and when a runner can be found with a good astrological prediction for that day, plus good predictions for yourself, the trainer, and the jockey, you will then have a terrific spot play.:jump: Do not hesitate, take the rubberband off of the bankroll, run to the window, and bet with both hands!!

citygoat
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Bet a jockey on their birthday and against them the day after their birthday.

Actor
01-22-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm developing a new method based on the Bible Code. I've not yet mastered the intricacies of the Code but if I can find a horse's name in the Code I'll bet him/her. Due to the sheer mass of data I'll certainly have to computerize it. I envision entering the names of the entries and the program then searches the matrix for a match.

woodtoo
01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Great idea, but needs a little tweaking. After checking to see if your horoscope is good, you should then check and see what it says about the trainers and jockeys of the horses you intend to wager on. Usually their birth dates can be found online or at another source. Next, the hard part, finding when your horse was foaled and checking his/hers horoscope and seeing if it is good. If and when a runner can be found with a good astrological prediction for that day, plus good predictions for yourself, the trainer, and the jockey, you will then have a terrific spot play.:jump: Do not hesitate, take the rubberband off of the bankroll, run to the window, and bet with both hands!!
It's just that easy folks :cool:

highrider
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
It's just that easy folks :cool:
I prefer to bet by the size of the veins on the back of my right hand.
As they enlarge enough and start squirting blood.. it`s time for tapping out! :lol: Great Thread.

dav4463
01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Look back at Racing Results archives for the same day/track one year ago. Bet those numbers!

Zman179
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Or do what I've done a couple times: Handicap today's races with tomorrow's program.

HUSKER55
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
was the outcome the same:D

BlueShoe
01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Or do what I've done a couple times: Handicap today's races with tomorrow's program.
Or do what I did one time. Being late for the track one morning, grabbed all my stuff in a hurry, dashed to the track, settled down, opened my Form, and then, to my dismay, realized that in my haste had grabbed yesterdays edition, not todays.:blush: