PDA

View Full Version : Boeing slashes 900 jobs in California

ElKabong
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes, bad news.....

Good news, though. Obama recently made job creation his #1 priority now that Healthcare has finally been put to bed, and all Americans are real happy with that result (pay no attention to that November election behind the curtain!)

http://www.cnbc.com//id/41168541

Oh wait, there's more. Why is a corporation moving jobs to Oklahoma from Cali??? Could it be that OK is more business friendly?

Nah of course not (corporate America to California: Die, bastards, die!)

Boeing has been restructuring its operations in Long Beach. It recently announced the transfer 800 engineering and research positions to Oklahoma by the end of the year as well as the shutdown of a 160-employee parts warehouse in Carson, Calif., this summer.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes, bad news.....

Good news, though. Obama recently made job creation his #1 priority now that Healthcare has finally been put to bed, and all Americans are real happy with that result (pay no attention to that November election behind the curtain!)

http://www.cnbc.com//id/41168541

Oh wait, there's more. Why is a corporation moving jobs to Oklahoma from Cali??? Could it be that OK is more business friendly?

Nah of course not (corporate America to California: Die, bastards, die!)

Boeing has been restructuring its operations in Long Beach. It recently announced the transfer 800 engineering and research positions to Oklahoma by the end of the year as well as the shutdown of a 160-employee parts warehouse in Carson, Calif., this summer.

I wonder if the talking heads at CNBC talk with the talking heads at PMSNBC. Then again, maybe they can't get through to them either.

bigmack
01-21-2011, 01:27 AM
While CA offers little in the way of a friendly business climate I fail to see how this story shows much with the exception of a cargo plane losing favor in the marketplace.

ElKabong
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
While CA offers little in the way of a friendly business climate I fail to see how this story shows much with the exception of a cargo plane losing favor in the marketplace.

Oklahoma likes it....More employed people in their state, more taxes into the state kitty, better quality of life.

Cal otoh, loses jobs, less state revenues, more folks to put on unemployment. I guess they're used to it by now, tho......

Robert Goren
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I wonder what kind of deal Oklahoma cut with Boeing. The going rate in Nebraska is about 100K in incentives for each decent job a company brings here.

skate
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
and and and GM signs a contract for $430 Miilion to have engines built IN MEXICO...

While theBO rumbles on about creating Yobs...:) what a frigin yoke.

Maybe another Tax right off, like the one for 2009 for $45 Billion
, along with some extra spending money for factories built in China, for $50 Billion.

Must be another discription for this sort of behavior other than "Joke"

Tom
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM
skate, skate, skate......Mexico is our 51st state.

Si?