PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing Thesis

misscashalot
01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
http://thesis.ushorseman.com/?m=201003

CBedo
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Afraid I'm not much help as I use the HANA chart, but did want to mention fyi, that you can make Sun not be a date by formatting it as text. Same with odds that format to dates.

BillW
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
That plea is 10 months old. Probably a little late.

Kelso
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
you can make Sun not be a date by formatting it as text. Same with odds that format to dates.

I've been wrestling with uploading conditional wagers as CSV files.

Horses for exactas and doubles are to be entered as "#/#" (no quotes). Using Excel 2000, I format the horses column as Text and enter the exactas and doubles as instructed.

However, when I save the workbook as a CSV file, the horses column is automatically converted to date (d-mmm) format. (As well, the date column automatically converts from mm/dd/yy format to m/dd/yy format.)

Can you suggest something that will preserve the Text and Date formats that I need?

CBedo
01-21-2011, 12:27 AM
I've been wrestling with uploading conditional wagers as CSV files.

Horses for exactas and doubles are to be entered as "#/#" (no quotes). Using Excel 2000, I format the horses column as Text and enter the exactas and doubles as instructed.

However, when I save the workbook as a CSV file, the horses column is automatically converted to date (d-mmm) format. (As well, the date column automatically converts from mm/dd/yy format to m/dd/yy format.)

Can you suggest something that will preserve the Text and Date formats that I need?The only thing I can suggest is get some software that isn't 11 years old, lol. Sorry.

Kelso
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
The only thing I can suggest is get some software that isn't 11 years old, lol. Sorry.

Thanks, CB. Little doubt that your solution is the right one ... but hope still springs eternal, etc.