PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita: no purse cuts forthcoming

The_Knight_Sky
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Santa Anita business news is mixed (http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-business-news-mixed) By Steve Andersen

ARCADIA, Calif. – Handle at Santa Anita has fallen through the first three weeks of the winter-spring meeting, but attendance is holding steady compared to the 2009-10 meeting, track president George Haines said earlier this week.

full article at DRF (http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-business-news-mixed)

cj
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Let me fix that headline...

Santa Anita business news is mixed...shitty, and really shitty.

BlueShoe
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Racetrack executives sound a lot like politicians dont they? Wonder what kind of voodoo economics will conjure up the cash to keep paying these increased purses.

lamboguy
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
these guys don't exactly border on being genious

Stillriledup
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM

This isn't right. They ARE geniuses.

Just ask them.

GaryG
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
78 horses entered in 8 races on Friday.

Stillriledup
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Purse CUTS? I don't get it. Why are cuts even being talked about. I just saw a flashing banner on Paulick's site and Calracing that said something about great purses in california and why its the 'place to be'.

The_Knight_Sky
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM

They didn't get the memo that the changeover to dirt
should have meant 11% up in handle. Instead they're 11% down out of state.
If you believe the numbers they're feeding the public.

Brand New Dirt Course
Less horses
Less races
Less handle

Haines: ". “We’re where we want to be, :faint:
but that’s something that’s we’re looking at every day,” he said.

Denial Denial Denial.
It wouldn't hurt to be truthful at this point.

jelly
01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
We’re where we want to be :lol: :lol:

cj
01-19-2011, 10:15 PM
78 horses entered in 8 races on Friday.

Lets see how many actually run.

InsideThePylons-MW
01-19-2011, 10:17 PM
After looking at the new condition book that just came out......It's official!......This race secretary is the dumbest human on the planet.

cj
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
After looking at the new condition book that just came out......It's official!......This race secretary is the dumbest human on the planet.

Please expound, I need a good laugh.

InsideThePylons-MW
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Please expound, I need a good laugh.

The only full fields they seem to get are cheap horses.....So what does he do, he forces the cheap horses to leave.

Monday they had a 12.5K nw2 race that had 14 entered....they got the privilege of racing against a 1-9 shot that had earned 91 beyers in his last 2 starts and won at will (it doesn't happen all the time).

These are horses for the most part that can be raced/want to race every 2 weeks (or less sometimes) and these are the horses which fill race cards.

Well the new condition book covers 3 weeks and there is no race written for this class. He could write it every 2 weeks and he would get at least 10 horses in each race, but instead he choses to write it every 4 weeks and hopes to get 12 with AE's (for the time being, that will change when they all leave).

I'm sure that he has a ton of horses that are willing and ready to race in all the other classes :faint: so his strategy of making these cheaper horses wait, then have AE's which have to wait another 4 weeks to race, forces them to leave and go elsewhere as these are the horses that if they can't get raced or when they do get raced have to face 1-9 jammed droppers will all leave immediately. Pretty soon he'll be writing it once every 4 weeks and getting 6 in this class.

I guess they think that bettors would rather bet on 5 horse allowance fields than 12 horse claiming fields.

Force the full field cheaper horses to leave so you can have nothing but short fields. Brilliant strategy!

Everybody in CA is a fvcking moron.

cj
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
The only full fields they seem to get are cheap horses.....So what does he do, he forces the cheap horses to leave.

Monday they had a 12.5K nw2 race that had 14 entered....they got the privilege of racing against a 1-9 shot that had earned 91 beyers in his last 2 starts and won at will (it doesn't happen all the time).

These are horses for the most part that can be raced/want to race every 2 weeks (or less sometimes) and these are the horses which fill race cards.

Well the new condition book covers 3 weeks and there is no race written for this class. He could write it every 2 weeks and he would get at least 10 horses in each race, but instead he choses to write it every 4 weeks and hopes to get 12 with AE's (for the time being, that will change when they all leave).

I'm sure that he has a ton of horses that are willing and ready to race in all the other classes :faint: so his strategy of making these cheaper horses wait, then have AE's which have to wait another 4 weeks to race, forces them to leave and go elsewhere as these are the horses that if they can't get raced or when they do get raced have to face 1-9 jammed droppers will all leave immediately. Pretty soon he'll be writing it once every 4 weeks and getting 6 in this class.

I guess they think that bettors would rather bet on 5 horse allowance fields than 12 horse claiming fields.

Force the full field cheaper horses to leave so you can have nothing but short fields. Brilliant strategy!

Everybody in CA is a fvcking moron.

That is idiotic. I know even at Saratoga people complained about New York breds, turf sprints, etc, but at least they filled the fields. I always thought you write races for the horses on the grounds, but they get everything ass backwards in good old California.

InsideThePylons-MW
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
That is idiotic. I know even at Saratoga people complained about New York breds, turf sprints, etc, but at least they filled the fields. I always thought you write races for the horses on the grounds, but they get everything ass backwards in good old California.

Today they drew for the route version of the 12.5K nw2.....they got 14 with 4 of them being AE's as they only race 10 going 2-turns.

So 4 of these won't be able to race for another 4 weeks...I think they'll leave but I guess he thinks they'll wait.....fvcking idiot.

This is the bottom.....when you have too many horses in the bottom classes for what you are writing and they can't drop into another class or get in the class they fit.....THEY LEAVE!

CA can't afford for ANY horse that wants to race to leave and this fvcking idiot is kicking them out the door.

The incompetence in CA at all levels is just incredible.

Kelso
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Racetrack executives sound a lot like politicians dont they? Wonder what kind of voodoo economics will conjure up the cash to keep paying these increased purses.

My guess is they'll make like NJ horsemen did when they were down to their last $30 million of other people's money: They'll mislabel the next meet as "elite," drain whatever is left in the kitty and then whine to the state for "just a little more help."

Southieboy
01-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Today they drew for the route version of the 12.5K nw2.....they got 14 with 4 of them being AE's as they only race 10 going 2-turns.

So 4 of these won't be able to race for another 4 weeks...I think they'll leave but I guess he thinks they'll wait.....fvcking idiot.

Another reason SA and DMR need 1M 70yd races!

toussaud
01-20-2011, 12:56 AM

This is the bottom.....when you have too many horses in the bottom classes for what you are writing and they can't drop into another class or get in the class they fit.....THEY LEAVE!

CA can't afford for ANY horse that wants to race to leave and this fvcking idiot is kicking them out the door.

The incompetence in CA at all levels is just incredible. Really, golden gate and socal circuit at least in the winter and fall, need to alternate days. Socal, needs to get ti's nose out the air and write races to fill cards and stop being so snobbish about the types of races they card.

BlueShoe
01-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Another reason SA and DMR need 1M 70yd races!
Why? SA and DMR are one mile main tracks. 1 1/16 is a mile and 110 yd, a 40 yard longer run before the first turn than the odd distance of 1M 70yd, no real need for the 1m 70's. Better yet, card more races for 1 1/8 and even a few at 1 1/4, and drop the flat mile races on the main track, or at least cut their number down. At one time, 1 1/4 races on the dirt for low and mid level older claimers were popular with SoCal fans, and each meeting a few would be presented. The problem today is where are the route horses bred to go a distance? With breeders breeding for speed, speed, and more speed, dirt sprints far outnumber dirt route races today.