PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Race 3 on Weds 01-19-11

Market Mover
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Can someone tell me what happened with the superfecta payout in this race?
5-2 second choice wins, with 11-1 second and 10-1 third. Fourth place went to rank outsider at 74-1.

Super pays 72K for 2 bucks, which is about 3600 and change for a dime.

Did no one go all in the final 4th slot? Hard to imagine such a huge payout even with lukewarm 9-5 chalk Sir Tyler T running out. The second choice won!!

Yet another generous price at the 'ole Oldsmar oval...

Ocala Mike
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
It's Tampa on a Wednesday. The entire Super pool was only $34,247, therefore there were only 7 or 8 "dimes" on it. Congratulations if you had it; the fourth horse was a "throwout," and exemplifies why the dime super player's best friend, at times, is the "ALL" button.

Ocala Mike

Market Mover
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
It's Tampa on a Wednesday. The entire Super pool was only $34,247, therefore there were only 7 or 8 "dimes" on it. Congratulations if you had it; the fourth horse was a "throwout," and exemplifies why the dime super player's best friend, at times, is the "ALL" button.

Ocala Mike
I'm not redboarding, because I didn't have it, but I'm trying to figure out what angle could have been used to come up with this super.

Only angle I could come up with is the 2nd time stretchout, 2nd time Tampa. He had no business sprinting and the Red Bullet sire-line meant added distance is probably his forte.
We all remember what RB did to FuPeg in '00.
Positive jock switch from Raul Rojas to Irwin Rosendo? Rosendo doesn't win, but he finishes in the money often at a big price.

The horse does sport two wins at the distance.

Backstreet Bully was bet last year like a good thing. But he had been sporadic and how he mustered fourth placing today is still a bit of a mystery. I'm still in awe how fewer fans had the "all" button in the fourth superfecta slot, because second chalk won, and 2nd and 3rd place finishers were very logical placings.

I guess only at Tampa...

onefast99
01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Can someone tell me what happened with the superfecta payout in this race?
5-2 second choice wins, with 11-1 second and 10-1 third. Fourth place went to rank outsider at 74-1.

Super pays 72K for 2 bucks, which is about 3600 and change for a dime.

Did no one go all in the final 4th slot? Hard to imagine such a huge payout even with lukewarm 9-5 chalk Sir Tyler T running out. The second choice won!!

Yet another generous price at the 'ole Oldsmar oval...
Sir Tyler T loves Monmouth Parks racing surface and he would do well in the 5k claimers at GP but since the connections sent him to TB I don't see him doing much there.

salty
01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Its not the 4th spot that needed the all button, its the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spot that needed the all button

since the order came by odds

2nd choice
7th choice
6th choice
10th choice

with the favorite out
and it was a ten horse race which makes a total of 5,040 possible combinations
(a 9 horse race has 3024 combinations)

so perfect storm for a big payout

Coleman
01-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Its not the 4th spot that needed the all button, its the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spot that needed the all button

since the order came by odds

2nd choice
7th choice
6th choice
10th choice

with the favorite out
and it was a ten horse race which makes a total of 5,040 possible combinations
(a 9 horse race has 3024 combinations)

so perfect storm for a big payout

Yes, you've got the key right there. Favorite out of the top 4 will almost always bring a large payout. I wish more tracks did what places like Monticello do--display the total amount bet into the trifecta pool on each horse; you will see there are races where almost every ticket must contain the favorite.

The South African races even give projected payouts for the top 20 trifecta combinations. It's a lot to process, but I would imagine there are those quick enough to spot trifecta underlays that way and take advantage.