PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Horse Retirement - Paragallo update

Manila
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Do the bad eggs ever disappear?! A friend of mine just had to return a horse purchased out of a kill pen back to Paragallo's daughter. The horse has a decent enough "page" that Taylor Made, who stand Unbridled's Song for Paragallo will breed her. I thought Paragallo was barred from the Jockey Club yet he still persists. One of the industry leading breeding farms helps him stay in our game. WTF has this industry of hippocrites become?! The Sport of Kings is truely become the Sport of Scum.

onefast99
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
That is very nice of Taylormade to do that I am sure it was Mark not Frank who came up with the idea.

Manila
01-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry onefast but Taylor Made is just in it for the $$$. If that were me dealing with a convict that abused more than 100 horses I would have headed so far away from him he'd need the Hubble telescope to find me. My friend is a thoroughbred owner that is a riding hobbyist. She was attached to the mare, gave her a nice home from the KILL PEN yet had to return her to the scene of the holocaust. I WILL NEVER BUY nor promote a TAYLOR MADE horse at the sale again. This is appaulling and a black eye on the KY breeding industry. No wonder why chickens have passed KY thoroughbred breeding on the economic chart in KY

Market Mover
01-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Sorry onefast but Taylor Made is just in it for the $$$. If that were me dealing with a convict that abused more than 100 horses I would have headed so far away from him he'd need the Hubble telescope to find me. My friend is a thoroughbred owner that is a riding hobbyist. She was attached to the mare, gave her a nice home from the KILL PEN yet had to return her to the scene of the holocaust. I WILL NEVER BUY nor promote a TAYLOR MADE horse at the sale again. This is appaulling and a black eye on the KY breeding industry. No wonder why chickens have passed KY thoroughbred breeding on the economic chart in KY

If your friend purchased the horse and owned it after the sale, why would.she need to "return" it to Taylor Made?

Manila
01-19-2011, 07:26 AM
She has a bill of sale but apparently when the SPCA had the remaining 80+ horses on the farm in NY, a few horses were reported "stolen", this horse being one of them. It was purchased from the kill pen. Surprisingly the mare was insured for $200,000+. I am amazed if someone can't take care of an animal (EP), then supposedly it was stolen, why would he care. First thought is the insurance $. Now the mare is saved and found and he (EP) wants it back? Sounds suspicious to me. And, with his history, why would anyone allow him to have a horse again? Guess the mare has residual value and his partner, Taylor Made, would like to capitalize on her.