PDA

View Full Version : A Social ADW

machine
01-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Looking for some feedback from the programming oriented on a small presentation I've put together for a social ADW

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dddc3nv3_104fb59n7d5 (actions -> View speaker notes)

The more serious bettors out there aren't going to broadcast what and how they do what they do (for the most part). However, there is probably a good percentage who would, and who would get enjoyment about creating a game within the game.

So what do you all think, taking all criticism - it's only 50% of my idea, gotta hold something back in case some one wants to take me on to make it.

Robert Goren
01-18-2011, 02:38 PM
The one there is no shortage is ADWs. There are some states who have laws that some ADWs do not want to challenge.

Inglewood Flamingo
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Machine, I am intrigued by the idea but not sure how this differs from the chatting we do here on PA. Is it different because it would literally be internal to the Social ADW site or is there more to it than meets the eye?

machine
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
No Inglewood you're absolutely right. My problem w/ ADW's is that I feel very alone when i use one (ok maybe not crying into an empty beer glass, but...) that i have twitter open, and i search some boards and i'm on the TV, and i'm chatting w/ friends, and i end up having hundreds of things going on when really it could be simplified.

This ADW thought of mine isn't a Bulletin Board + ADW = FUN, not in the least. I think the idea of creating chatrooms or the like inside an ADW is ridiculous. I think of it more as bringing in social conversations that you want to see inside your feed. A BB or a chatroom starts out very specific; think starting a thread, or starting an AQU chatroom, however, i'm back to my square 1 problem of having log into multiple chat rooms or pay attention to multiple threads or pull in these multiple fields. My thought is that it's more like Twitter/Facebook where you follow people who have things in common and that you can sort through everything to get just AQU or just get the thread of conversation you want to see. I just believe you don't want to put up walls first, you let the user create them if they want.
And in the end these conversations lead to more social betting. and that i think = more handle.