PDA

View Full Version : Speed to spare

karlskorner
10-08-2003, 05:42 PM
"How to adjust the Beyer figures" by Joe Cardello. Spent the morning at Barnes & Nobles and browsed the book for a couple of hours. Another train full of theories and opinions that never reached it's destination.

cj
10-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Adjust Beyers? How did you get that? I think it is more about form cycles and trying to predict the next figure than adjusting old ones. Could probably be applied to any decent figures.

By the way, I'm hooked on those Caramel Macchiato's at B & N!

karlskorner
10-09-2003, 08:38 AM
The book I browsed was sub-titled "How to adjust the Beyer figures". Given the 90 days of PP's he claimed he used in 2002, with 40 "operating" tracks at that time, you, I or any member of this board can find a PP that will justify a theory or method we may have. When an author uses 90 days of PP's from one track to prove his method/theory that would make sense to me, but to pick a PP from one track to prove a method/theory than jump to another track to prove another method/theory does not sit well with me. Given 90 days of PP's from all the tracks operating at that time I can show you that a 3yo filly, running 6F, wearing bar shoes, with the wind at 15mph from the s/e will win on Tuesdays.

PS, I like the cheese cake, almost as much as a Boston Creme doughnut.

GameTheory
10-09-2003, 09:47 AM
It is subtitled "Beyer Speed Figures Uncovered".