10-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Was sent this today:

The Red Sox Prayer

Our father.

Who art at Fenway.

Baseball be thy game.

Thy kingdom come.

World series won.

On earth as it is in the Cask n' Flagon.

Give us this day.

Oh Petey Martinez.

And forgive us our losses as we forgive those,

Like young Billy Buckner.

And lead us not into depression.

But deliver us from the curse.

Amen.

Suff
10-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Followed by a:

Moment Of Silence

and:

Praise be to God!

And then a Personal Prayer:

"Dear God" It's me Suff... Remember a couple of years ago when I asked you to let me withstand that Inquiry for a $5.000 Pik3?"
And you did!
Remember I told you I'd never ask you for anything ever again?

Well.. God?.. Can I give you that 5 back and jump into you for something else?

You see God.. My Sox. My Beloved Sox...are down in NY facing the Evil Empire. And you God.. I know where you stand on Evil!

If you help my Sox. I'll make a sacrfice to you. I'll play a 100 WP place bet on a 7-5 Favorite. Yes God.. You know thats the Biggest Sacrifice I can Make. Because God.. You God.. You know more than anyone how I hate betting Favorites.

And God.. There's a Seat in the Festival Tent at Saratoga with YOUR NAME in it.. if you help me on this. Plus all the Home Made Chocolate Cookies you can eat. Made special at 5 corners Deli...just for you.

I figure you for a Sox Fan anway...with you being all Divine and such. So If you planned on Helping the Sox anyway... I was wondering about this 7 horse in the 6th at NY Today?

railbird
10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Hey suff LMAO that is priceless,

I hate to break it to you

BUT

God is a Yankee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Schwartz
10-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Railbird,

LOL - I have been a Yankee fan since I was a boy... And even I know God may be many things but one of them is NOT a Yankee.

(That's just Steinbrenner, dressed up.) <G>

Dave

PS: How have you been? Haven't heard much from you since Saratoga.

railbird
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
I Have been fine thanks for asking , but like I said I just enjoy reading some of the best posts from one of the more intelligent groups that I ever came across and besides I could not add anything worth while to what was already stated.....

Tom
10-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Beware....the ghost of the Bambino hovers over the stadium, watching, remembering, grinning.............
The Curse lives on.
A big one is in the works.
Be sure the champagne can be returned to the liqour store and don't pop the first cork until the Yankees are on the bus and heading back home.

Hehehe.......that HBO special was a gas.