PDA

View Full Version : Steelers standing around watching ball

ponyplayerdotca
01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Big Ben gets hit, ball comes out - no whistle, ref drops blue beanbag indicating fumble - and nobody goes after the ball for a 3-Mississippi count until Redding wisely picks it up and runs it into the end zone for TD.

I thought players were always taught to play till THE WHISTLE and ALWAYS PICK UP A LOOSE BALL until you're whistled dead.

How can these guys be that stupid on the big day? Unreal.

Rookies
01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
And Ravens might as well have been on a completely bungled 3rd & 19 bomb by Big Ben.

PATHETIC D shown there.:ThmbDown:

slew101
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
And a terrible challenge by Tomlin. That was clearly a fumble and Pitt had no challenges left for final 3 quarters. Fortunately, it didn't cost them.

ldiatone
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
and the steelers win. the steelers OWN the ravens in the playoffs.

cj
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
The Ravens are moving into Atlanta Braves territory as underachievers.

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
It was the best of halfs, it was the worst of halfs

Rookies
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Joe Whacked-out = NOT the answer when the chips are down.

3-3 the past 3 years, nothing to show. And he had plenty of weapons this year !

Relwob Owner
01-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Joe Whacked-out = NOT the answer when the chips are down.

3-3 the past 3 years, nothing to show. And he had plenty of weapons this year !

Not his best game but one of those weapons (Boldin) dropped that TD pass late that hit him in the chest and then Hoosh dropped the last pass of the game........If I was a Ravens fan, I wouldnt give up on him yet.

ponyplayerdotca
01-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Boldin and TJ Hoosh both dropped passes that premier wide receivers HAVE to catch in the playoffs - not Flacco's fault.

Boldin and Hoosh are always bitchin' "gimme the ball, gimme the ball" and then when Flacco does, they both put it on the ground.

Steelers crushed them in the 2nd half and deserved to win especially after that 3rd-and-long bomb at the 2 minute warning.

NJ Stinks
01-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Just want to say that I don't want my team to rush 3 guys when it is 3rd and 19. Ever.

slew101
01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Hoosh is more concerned with jawing after every catch. Goes back to his Bengals days. He's a loser.

Boldin and TJ Hoosh both dropped passes that premier wide receivers HAVE to catch in the playoffs - not Flacco's fault.

Boldin and Hoosh are always bitchin' "gimme the ball, gimme the ball" and then when Flacco does, they both put it on the ground.

Steelers crushed them in the 2nd half and deserved to win especially after that 3rd-and-long bomb at the 2 minute warning.

cj's dad
01-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Any of you that blame Flacco for this loss are out of your mind. Yes, he threw a bad pass to Heap but he also threw dead on passes to Boldin ( for a TD) and Hooosh when it counted and both of them dropped very catchable balls!

And when the "D"gives up a 3rd and 19 ; how is that Joes fault ??

And then we have - ONCE AGAIN - the zebras taking away a punt return for a TD with a blatantly non-call for "holding " You gotta be kidding me !!

My biggest complaint is that for the Ravens, Harbaugh seems to be outcoached in the 2nd half as he was in the games vs. the Pats- Falcons and today against the steelers !!

eastie
01-16-2011, 01:29 AM
what about that joke interference call they got before the first TD, when they had been stopped again....The refs kept them in the game for a half, but their tongues were wagging on the ground in the second half. A tired and defeated team. Time to bring some fresh hands into the mix. Those guys drop more passes than catch them.

Valuist
01-16-2011, 10:10 AM
But the dumbest move of the day was probably Falcon DE John Abraham mocking Aaron Rodgers when trailing 28-14. The hurt only got worse for the Falcons as GB put a bitch slapping on them.

Packers/Bears at Soldier in a week. THAT will be huge.

slew101
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
He also got fooled in the first half. The only person who mentioned this was Esiason at halftime. Pitt completes a pass with 1:01 left on the Ravens 25, and now has 4th and 6. Ravens should have called TO right there. Instead, they let the clock roll because Tomlin had Pitt line up like they were going to go for it. Instead, they burn 25 seconds and call TO to kick the FG. Tomlin only wanted to kill the clock. Pitt was not going to go there and pass up a makeable FG try.

They miss the kick and the Ravens only have 22 seconds left at their own 33 instead of 57 seconds. And they had timeouts left.

My biggest complaint is that for the Ravens, Harbaugh seems to be outcoached in the 2nd half as he was in the games vs. the Pats- Falcons and today against the steelers !!

NJ Stinks
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Slew, in Harbaugh's defense, when you are up 21-7 with a minute left in the half, do you really want to take chances with the ball even if the Steelers make the field goal? Considering how good your defense is playing as well as the weather conditions, letting the clock run seemed like the right move IMO.

As far as the officiating goes, there are two places in the league where the visitor is bound to get screwed by the referees sooner or later - especially in the playoffs. Those place are in Pittsburgh and New England. (I have no idea why it happens.)

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Especially in a playoff game, every possession is huge. Baltimore knew Pittsburgh was going to get the ball to start the second half. Harbaugh most definitely SHOULD HAVE CALLED TIMEOUT with a minute left.

The Steelers make or miss the FG, so be it, but three timeouts and 50 seconds about left on the clock - you can get upfield for your own FG kick.

Harbaugh and the Ravens also made some terrible play calls in that horrendous 3rd quarter, especially the first play long ball pass for an interception at 21-14.

Atlanta's coach MIKE SMITH suffered from poor decision making as well, and now he is 0-and-2 in the playoffs.

Even the great BILL BELICHICK got too cute before halftime with that fake punt play call (that was fumbled, failed and led to the 2nd Jets TD before halftime).

You have to be razor sharp as a head coach in these tight games or you are toast.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Especially in a playoff game, every possession is huge. Baltimore knew Pittsburgh was going to get the ball to start the second half. Harbaugh most definitely SHOULD HAVE CALLED TIMEOUT with a minute left.

The Steelers make or miss the FG, so be it, but three timeouts and 50 seconds about left on the clock - you can get upfield for your own FG kick.

Harbaugh and the Ravens also made some terrible play calls in that horrendous 3rd quarter, especially the first play long ball pass for an interception at 21-14.

Atlanta's coach MIKE SMITH suffered from poor decision making as well, and now he is 0-and-2 in the playoffs.

Even the great BILL BELICHICK got too cute before halftime with that fake punt play call (that was fumbled, failed and led to the 2nd Jets TD before halftime).

You have to be razor sharp as a head coach in these tight games or you are toast.

I thought the talking heads missed a major point in their half-time analysis of the steelers/ravens game. In their eagerness to marvel at what they termed baltimore's "explosion," they glossed right over the raven's near-complete failure to move the football. Any analyst that had made that cautionary observation would have looked like a genius after a second half dominated by pittsburgh's defense.

Valuist
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
The Ravens are moving into Atlanta Braves territory as underachievers.

I would have to say the Patriots have been without question the biggest underachieving team in the playoffs in the past 4 years.

cj
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I would have to say the Patriots have been without question the biggest underachieving team in the playoffs in the past 4 years.

Maybe, but you can't take away three Super Bowls.

eastie
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM

when you have a guy on your team who wears a wire on his friend and sends him to prison for 5 years, you don't get to win playoff games. Until Nick Kaczur is out of the organization, they will continue to lose. The playoff Gods hate a rat.

cj's dad
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
when you have a guy on your team who wears a wire on his friend and sends him to prison for 5 years, you don't get to win playoff games. Until Nick Kaczur is out of the organization, they will continue to lose. The playoff Gods hate a rat.

Where as this statement prior to the Pats embarrassment ??:lol::lol:

So, that's it ??your excuse for the Pats getting hammered by the Jets is this b----hit ? What a joke !! Man up dude and admit that the Patsies are the most overrated team in the league. You lose - you go home. Enjoy this Sundays action like I will - Go Jets !!!!

OTM Al
01-20-2011, 10:02 PM

So, that's it ??your excuse for the Pats getting hammered by the Jets is this b----hit ? What a joke !! Man up dude and admit that the Patsies are the most overrated team in the league. You lose - you go home. Enjoy this Sundays action like I will - Go Jets !!!!

You're talking about a guy that has posted a rather expensive losing BC pick 4 ticket as his sig line and he actually changed the first leg after I mocked him for singling Get Stormy in the first leg. No sense of reality in this guy.

Oh yeah, go Jets (though that fireman Ed guy kinda creeps me out)

eastie
01-21-2011, 01:31 AM

get a clue daddy o! been saying it for 3 years

The Patriots are no longer the Patsies. More like the Jets were underrated, than the pats overrated. Ryan said he would be the best coach on the field, and his team would be the best team on the field. He backed up his words. Jets won fair and square. You won't get an argument from any real pats fan on this fact. Same as the Giants in the Super Bowl. We COULD have won the game. If Samuel doesn't let the pick go through his hands, or the ball doesn't stick to the helmet, we win. But, We shouldn't have won the game cuz we got our assses kicked all over the field, but still almost did cuz we were THAT good, that we could overcome playing poorly. But the Giants certainly deserved the win.

I guess you don't know the story with Kaczur. Got caught on the thruway with like 10 oxys that he got while home in Canada, let the feds scare him into wearing a wire on his friend, who didn't even sell the pills to him. Since this went down, and the Patriots didn't get rid of the ratbastid, they have yet to win a playoff game. They didn't make the playoffs the first year, got slapped silly by the Ravens last year, and now another whipping. it's just an underlying lack of toughness and unity, that isn't happening with a cancer like that on the team. I can't believe neither Brady or Belichick don't have a problem with having a rat on the team.

eastie
01-21-2011, 01:33 AM
You're talking about a guy that has posted a rather expensive losing BC pick 4 ticket as his sig line and he actually changed the first leg after I mocked him for singling Get Stormy in the first leg. No sense of reality in this guy.

Oh yeah, go Jets (though that fireman Ed guy kinda creeps me out)

an $80 ticket.....rather expensive, maybe for you champ.

OTM Al
01-21-2011, 09:00 AM
an $80 ticket.....rather expensive, maybe for you champ.

A crap $80 ticket with a buck payout? It's expensive because it was a waste of money. You can take that same $80 and learn something about ticket building and get a hell of a lot better payoff if you hit.

And to quote Eric Cartman on Belichick "It's OK to cheat, as long as you cheat your way to the top! If you fail, well then you're just pathetic."

Grits
01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
They didn't make the playoffs the first year, got slapped silly by the Ravens last year, and now another whipping. it's just an underlying lack of toughness and unity, that isn't happening with a cancer like that on the team. I can't believe neither Brady or Belichick don't have a problem with having a rat on the team.

You've got a lot of nerve talking about someone being caught with pills, and ratting anything.

Watched the entire game. Was thrilled for the Jets. Brady couldn't get anything right. Wasn't one of his better afternoon, to say the least.

More than this though . . . any time, the poor attitude, unsportsmanlike, pouting, baby Huey Belichik is handed his butt, I'm pleased. Super Bowls past, so what, don't mean a thing, don't care. The man has no integrity.

In 2007, the 500K fine for cheating was a slap on the wrist, his common self should've been thrown out of the NFL, relegated back to college football, if anyone would have him. And one can be sure, some school would've been delighted.

Team is fine, loathe their coach.

ponyplayerdotca
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Team is fine, loathe their coach.

Team is "fine" in the regular season, but they haven't won squat since they got caught cheating.

Maybe it mattered when they barely won those three Super Bowls, maybe it didn't. But it sure still smells.

ldiatone
01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
ya know i think R.Ryan(jets coach) was in my fantasy hockey league back in the early '90s. i know this because the sponsers of the league were in tor. can. and i talked to them about something and they told me.
isn't that cool :cool:

ldiatone
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
ya know i think R.Ryan(jets coach) was in my fantasy hockey league back in the early '90s. i know this because the sponsers of the league were in tor. can. and i talked to them about something and they told me.
isn't that cool :cool:
well it as one of the ryan boys

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Since this went down, and the Patriots didn't get rid of the ratbastid, they have yet to win a playoff game. They didn't make the playoffs the first year, got slapped silly by the Ravens last year, and now another whipping. it's just an underlying lack of toughness and unity, that isn't happening with a cancer like that on the team. I can't believe neither Brady or Belichick don't have a problem with having a rat on the team.Typical New England mentality... :lol:

(Just kidding...I love Boston, the town...not the team)

Valuist
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Maybe, but you can't take away three Super Bowls.

True, but its now been 6 years since the last Super Bowl win. To put it in better perspective, the Patriots beat the Eagles when TO was on the Eagles. Since then, he's been with Dallas, Buffalo, Cincinnati and probably someone else very soon.

cj's dad
01-21-2011, 09:16 PM
After the Ravens loss to the stealers - I have become the biggest JETS fan in the universe -

GO JETS !!!!

eastie
01-22-2011, 02:20 AM
jets will win wire to wire by many. Steelers will have nobody open and Big Ben will be on his back all day. Cromartie and LT and former Steeler Santonio Holmes will all score TD's.

Dahoss9698
01-22-2011, 02:36 AM
jets will win wire to wire by many. Steelers will have nobody open and Big Ben will be on his back all day. Cromartie and LT and former Steeler Santonio Holmes will all score TD's.

Jets have no shot now after this mush. Thanks a lot.

bigmack
01-22-2011, 03:32 AM
May each and every Jet twirl on any toe of their choosing from the foot of the wife of the rotund coach whilst sitting on that said toe.

eastie
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Jets have no shot now after this mush. Thanks a lot.

even I can't stop this train, mookie.

The_Knight_Sky
01-22-2011, 09:52 PM

I think it'll be a good hard fought game.
A nail-biter with both teams failing to reach the 20pt mark.

The key won't be the Jets Defense. They'll show up.
This game is Sanchez' to win or lose. He must get the short-passing game going early. They will probably not be able to run as well as they did in New England. That means action for Keller, Hartsock and L.T. from the backfield.

Hopefully Sanchez will have time at the line
and won't get the balls batted down because he's usually not tall enough.
The other thing is, I don't want to see the ball become Frozen Hard
especially since field goals will be at a premium.

Zippy Chippy
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I never thought id see the day where id be rooting for the Steelers, Steelers are my worst sports team in history, and #2 is the Jets. THis is my worst case situation that they play for the AFC championship. They are the 2 luckiest teams. I can't root for the jets although i think they will win. Both teams stink and the Pack will win the SB. THis was definitely an off year in the NFL. No real powerhouses.

Tom
01-23-2011, 07:41 PM
So many commercials, I had to write down who was playing.:rolleyes:
This is ridiculous. A play every 5 minutes?
Better off watching the highlights show later on.

Dahoss9698
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
even I can't stop this train, mookie.

You could stop a runaway freight train to a stand still with your opinion.

ponyplayerdotca
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
At 24-0 now, it looks as if the Jets shot their emotional "wad" last week against the Patriots.

And the way they over celebrated, you could almost smell a letdown coming.

joanied
01-23-2011, 08:15 PM
OMG...my Jets are gettin' their a$$ kicked...OMG, Steelers just picked up the ball, hurt our QB and went in for another TD...:mad: ...oh, maybe gonna call it back? Probably won't matter unless the Jets get their $hit together in the second half....this is horrible... where's Joe Namath when ya need him;) ...

that damned Bret Keisel...he's from a small town around here and played basketball against us...one of our sons played basketball and was one hell of a player...and keisel was a thorn in our side every game we played against them...although our school went back to back championships...it was so cool when we beat Keisel's team...

ohoh, gues they didn't call that TD back....

come on, Jets...super bowl, super bowl, super bowl:jump:

hey, cj's dad....do something:D ...we gotta win this game!!

Grits
01-23-2011, 08:23 PM
DAMN Joanie, ain't that the truth!!! 24-3 UGH!!!!!!!

joanied
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, Grits...what in hell is going on with those guys...this is not the time to choke:faint: ...half time, so maybe they'll get it together in the 2nd half and come from waaaaaaay out of it to win by 3:jump:

Gotta think positive:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
As always, the Stealers get every call and non call !!

joanied
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
:jump: Jets TD :jump: ...cj's dad...did ya see that pass...whoooeeeee...now we're cookin'...they gotta keep this up... yeah, right on, cj's dad...it's the Stealers...they cheat just like a few others...Raiders at the top of that list...

joanied
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
:jump: ha...interception - Jets...man, they have to make good on this lucky break...
think I'll just sit and watch the rest of the game now... Go JETS!!

Grits
01-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Good football game, but not enough by the Jets to pull it out. Hope the Steelers beat the Cheeseheads.

ldiatone
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
what kind of cheese do you want w/ that WHINE

depalma113
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Namath sold the Jets sole to the devil to get that win in Super Bowl III, I'm now more than ever convinced of it.

joanied
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh,maaaaaan:faint: too little too late...maybe next year. Well, that means we'll be going for the Steelers in the Stupid Bowl...we'll enjoy watching Brett Keisel, small town boy makes good...he looks like Grizzly Adams with that beard:D ...I love it...crazy that we watched him grow up.

Cheeseheads:ThmbDown:
Steelers :ThmbUp: (I think Steelers win the big one!)

cj's dad...tough one to deal with....crap!!
You hang in there:)

joanied
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Namath sold the Jets sole to the devil to get that win in Super Bowl III, I'm now more than ever convinced of it.

You mean the deal with the devil that they'd never win another Super Bowl if they won that one... seems the deal is holding, eh!!

What a game that one was :jump:

Dahoss9698
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm amazed the Jets made it that close carrying Joanied and Eastie on their backs.

ldiatone
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
i read the jets fans were "stomping" on the terrible towel. well well well.
did they not learn from the tenn titians???? AND they did it on
MYRON COPES BIRTHDAY?
ONLY A STEELER WIN

BillW
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
You mean the deal with the devil that they'd never win another Super Bowl if they won that one... seems the deal is holding, eh!!

What a game that one was :jump:

A bit of trivia ... Jim Hudson, starting safety on that Jets SB winner has been a successful thoroughbred trainer in the Texas/Okla circuit for years.

The_Knight_Sky
01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I think it'll be a good hard fought game.
A nail-biter with both teams failing to reach the 20pt mark.

The key won't be the Jets Defense. They'll show up.
This game is Sanchez' to win or lose. He must get the short-passing game going early. They will probably not be able to run as well as they did in New England. That means action for Keller, Hartsock and L.T. from the backfield.

Hopefully Sanchez will have time at the line
and won't get the balls batted down because he's usually not tall enough.
The other thing is, I don't want to see the ball become Frozen Hard
especially since field goals will be at a premium.

My worst fears came true.
The Jets have had trouble getting the motor running in many games this year.
Too little too late by the offense.

Aside from the questionable "fumble for TD" by Sanchez,
I thought Hochuli's crew called a fair game.

The Jets' need on draft day: 1) Defensive End 2) Safety
3) a new offensive coordinator who'll let Sanchez loose.

joanied
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm amazed the Jets made it that close carrying Joanied and Eastie on their backs.

You know what else is amazing...the fact that there are 4 others here that were rooting for the jets...yet you single out me & Eastie.

joanied
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
A bit of trivia ... Jim Hudson, starting safety on that Jets SB winner has been a successful thoroughbred trainer in the Texas/Okla circuit for years.

Cool...makes me wonder how many football players are into racing...be a good thing if they'd let it be known, as some good PR for our sport.

Ocala Mike
01-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Cool...makes me wonder how many football players are into racing...be a good thing if they'd let it be known, as some good PR for our sport.

I don't think he'd mind me posting this. Freddie Hyatt is a breeder/trainer, and has a horse farm not far from me in Morriston. He used to show up at OBS once in a while, but I haven't seen him there in some time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hyatt

Ocala Mike

Zippy Chippy
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Its so true. I would have to favor the Steelers in the SB cause im sure the zebras will hand them the Superbowl.

joanied
01-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't think he'd mind me posting this. Freddie Hyatt is a breeder/trainer, and has a horse farm not far from me in Morriston. He used to show up at OBS once in a while, but I haven't seen him there in some time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hyatt

Ocala Mike

He's in Wiki, so doubt he'd mind...interesting to know that, thanks! I know there are several players that are into horses, like Bradshaw, but they don't have TB's...
:)

BillW
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM

I seem to remember Sam Huff being involved - maybe at Waterford/Mountaineer? Maybe as an owner ... not sure? And I saw Dermonti Dawson at Keeneland last year - I think he was a customer though :)

eastie
01-26-2011, 01:02 AM
You could stop a runaway freight train to a stand still with your opinion.

i really can't argue with you on this point. how does one's opinion go so bad so fast ? I used to see things and understand things that no one else did. Now i couldn't pick my brother out of a room full of marathoners. Mook City.