PDA

View Full Version : Adult Truths

chickenhead
01-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't normally like the e-spam I get...but I could relate to quite a few of these...

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Jay Trotter
01-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Have you been following me! :lol:

Right on.

skate
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
AND and and...hows bout the time "when you're correct" but nobody else seems to understand...youda makes things weresir if you try to esplain:confused:

you got a lotta good points there Chiclenhead;)

skate
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
also's, i've looked at my watch and found NO watch:faint:

DJofSD
01-15-2011, 02:36 PM
24. Never let the little head do the thinking for the big one.

Grits
01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Chickie, YOU have outdone yourself this time. So many fine points. I can relate to so many of them. I'm glad you shared!!! Thank you,sweetheart.

chickenhead
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

This was probably my favorite one. We recently made a nightmarish trip back from Lake Tahoe on Labor Day weekend. Left Lake Tahoe in the morning, got to Placerville in time for dinner, covered 60 miles. There were numerous alliances, brotherhoods, feuds, and disputes that formed and dissipated over that time. Thumbs ups, right-ons! angry fist shaking, yelling, shaking of heads. People driving on the shoulders, people swerving to foil them, people swerving back and forth in the center. It was a like a demented group chess game played with two ton machines, idling along at slow speed, for hours.

...to my alliance members, the two good natured young college kids from Alabama in the blue Subaru, and the angry mother with an SUV full of kids -- Godspeed!

And to the villains, primarily the multi generational Korean family that nearly caused numerous accidents, and who cut in front of the great long line at the gas station bathroom -- may all the women in your family always find only a forest to pee in.

Tom
01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
21. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

That's me.
And you have me picking horses for you today! :lol:

ArlJim78
01-15-2011, 04:26 PM
the list is great, I can relate to all of them. two comments;

Nothing is more infuriating than when you or your team have been successful at denying some jerk a passing lane for a long stretch of road, only to come upon some moron just putting along totally oblivious to all of the great manuevering and suttle speed changes you've used to stymie the jerk, and who stupidly leaves an ample number of cars lengths available for the jerk to take advantage of. All that work down the drain. People should be more aware when they drive for crying out loud.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Oh I can sense that time each and every day, when there is not enough gas in the tank to start something new, so usually that is when I check in at PA and start surfing the web.

When I was young this time might not come until about 4:45 PM. Nowadays depending on the situation it might come as early as noon! never later than about 3:30 though.

hcap
01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
AND and and...hows bout the time "when you're correct" but nobody else seems to understand...youda makes things weresir if you try to esplain:confused:

What do you mean?

Overlay
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
That's me.
And you have me picking horses for you today! :lol:

So are you saying that you were actually the one who originated the quote attributed to Yogi Berra when someone asked what time it was: "You mean now?" :)

bigmack
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
I question the veracity of this statement. Hockey helmies were in use way before '74, but I like the sentiment of "protecting the jewels."

dartman51
01-15-2011, 10:00 PM
If this was a test, I just scored 100. :lol:

skate
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
What do you mean?

:D

Steve 'StatMan'
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Funny Stuff! Thanks for sharing, CH!

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Awesome thread. #s 1, 6 and 11 rock.

PhantomOnTour
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Is it just me, or are college girls getting sluttier every year?

mountainman
01-16-2011, 11:19 PM
How about the way students wear tees and shorts in frigid weather? As an old fuddy duddy, I suppose I should disapprove, but the truth is I can't help but admire their toughness. I've even taken a cue from them and sometimes wear a sturdy pair of cargo shorts-along with a warm hoodie and ballcap-when running errands on very cold days. Our mom's probably overdressed us, anyway. Modern kids have proven that.