PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga dreamin' on such a winter's day

OTM Al
01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
It's below 20 outside, it's been pitch black over an hour and it's only six thirty, and work has been a nightmare all week. Here's something to brighten your day. I just filled out the table request for the annual Pace Advantage Saratoga gathering. This year the traditional "week" falls from Saturday Aug. 13 through Sunday Aug. 21 (Alabama day is the 20th)

Numbers were a bit slow last summer early in the week so I am only reserving 1 table from the 13th-15th, 2 on Wednesday the 17th, 3 each from 18th-20th, and one for the final Sunday, the 21st. If we get a few extra early in the week, it shouldn't be hard to get an extra table if last year was any guide.

We missed our dear friend Rich Bauer last summer and found out not too long after he had passed so I'd like to dedicate this year's gathering to Rich's memory.

So if the winter is getting you down, start making your plans for this summer and maybe it will warm you up just a bit inside.

Cardus
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
That's a nice thought regarding Rich Bauer.

PaceAdvantage
01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
The countdown has begun I see... :jump:

JustRalph
01-15-2011, 12:07 AM
My wife asked me just yesterday what days to put on the Calendar for Saratoga. She is going to try and come up with me for a few days.

Thanks Al!

cj
01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
I knew Al and I hit it off, but no so much that I thought he'd be pining for my return in January.

DeanT
01-15-2011, 02:05 AM
We've been working on something for Rich too next month at TAM. Thinking about a donation in his name to a horse rescue. I think he'd like that.

Maybe this summer pass the hat around and find one near SAR to do it for. Maybe Rich can make some cash for some retired horses this year. Just a thought.

KidCapper
01-15-2011, 02:52 AM
I'd like to make that trip. Have never been there. when are the dates?

JustRalph
01-15-2011, 03:10 AM
I'd like to make that trip. Have never been there. when are the dates?

From The first post in the thread

"This year the traditional "week" falls from Saturday Aug. 13 through Sunday Aug. 21 (Alabama day is the 20th)"

OTM Al
01-15-2011, 06:51 AM
I knew Al and I hit it off, but no so much that I thought he'd be pining for my return in January.

Now now, let's not make anyone jealous here