Good article.

She's flirting and dating. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/sports/14horse.html

Grits
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
"Capone", love his name . . . . . :lol:

SmartyParty
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Great article! Thanks for posting it, Shelby.

joanied
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Shelby...thanks so much for linking to this article...it's excellent.
I especially like the part where they say she's the leader in the paddock with the other mare's...she hasn't lost her competitive edge yet! Love seeing her running at liberty...and look forward to seeing her running with a foal at her side...IMO, that foal will be by AP Indy...I really think they'll use him first, he's getting old and could be retired from the shed anytime for any number of reasons...

I love those teaser stallions...they have great personalities and, needless to say, are very easy to get along with...a good teaser is hard to find and they are a very important part of a breeding operation...I'd love to see a photo of Capone!

I sometimes wonder how much better off the TB would be if we didn't decide to force them into their cycles in the dead of winter...and used maybe an early spring date for their birthday, like April 1st.
Who's idea was that anyway...to make all TB's have Jan. 1st as their birthdays...hhmmmmm..I may do a little research on that subject.

horses721
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Why don't they breed her to a Cal-Bred. After all, Moss rarely took the chance to leave the state to race against others.

Fat Syd
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Curlin, Seriously an unproven stallion owned by Jess Jackson. They couldn't pay Moss to breed her to Curlin. Where does a writer get off suggesting Curlin is on the short list?

Fat Syd
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Unusual Zeat?

Wingtips
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
1/9 on A.P. Indy

joanied
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Again, I really think they'll go with AP Indy...but I was fooling around with some of the other stallions at lane's End and she is also a perfect match (nick) with Minesahft and beleive it or not...Lemon Drop Kid...between those three, I still think they'd go with AP Indy because his stallion career to end anytime...and IMO, they also need to consider size, they need a stallion that won't throw a giant sized foal ( I didn't check how tall LDK & Mineshaft are, but Indy is about right.)

Kinda fun doing this!
I also think there isn't a shot in hell they'll use Curlin:D

Cardus
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I can't wait to see the first pictures of her 2011 foal, either.

Of course, the picture will be taken in such a way to make it look like Zenyatta is in front by a nose.

Fat Syd
01-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Again, I really think they'll go with AP Indy...but I was fooling around with some of the other stallions at lane's End and she is also a perfect match (nick) with Minesahft and beleive it or not...Lemon Drop Kid...between those three, I still think they'd go with AP Indy because his stallion career to end anytime...and IMO, they also need to consider size, they need a stallion that won't throw a giant sized foal ( I didn't check how tall LDK & Mineshaft are, but Indy is about right.)

Kinda fun doing this!
I also think there isn't a shot in hell they'll use Curlin:D

Are you aware of AP Indy's fertility issues? His pencil is very short on lead.

She is a great nick to most. IMHO I would ship her overseas to Galieo, she should have been a turf horse anyways.

SmartyParty
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I have also heard Giant's Causeway mentioned.

joanied
01-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Are you aware of AP Indy's fertility issues? His pencil is very short on lead.

She is a great nick to most. IMHO I would ship her overseas to Galieo, she should have been a turf horse anyways.

Yes, I am...which is why I said they should go for him first...if she fails to settle, then breed her back to one of the others...

No way she goes overseas...they are way too protective of her and wouldn't want to have her so far away for some months...new surroundings again? No way!!
(and I can't blame them...I'd keep her close by too!!)

Fat Syd
01-15-2011, 11:07 AM
So Redoute's Choice is out of the question? If the Bernardini two year half to Zenyatta is any good, they could do worse then choosing him for the next foal.