Patriots - Ny Jets

Seattle - Chicago

Green Bay - Atlanta

lamboguy
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
the bears should be a great game.

Bettowin
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Easily Pittsburgh - Baltimore from a game watching standpoint. My prognostications:

Baltimore +3.5
Atlanta -1
Chicago -9.5
NY Jets +9

OTM Al
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Pittsburgh - Baltimore

Patriots - Ny Jets

Seattle - Chicago

Green Bay - Atlanta

I would think the answer would be obvious given your "love" of the Steelers! I just hope the Jets game is entertaining.

cj
01-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I would think the answer would be obvious given your "love" of the Steelers! I just hope the Jets game is entertaining.

Wes Welker was certainly entertaining yesterday. Without cracking a smile, he used feet, foot, or toes countless times, obviously as a dig at Rex Ryan. It was CLASSIC!

Rookies
01-14-2011, 08:08 PM
In this order:

Pittsburgh - Baltimore
Green Bay - Atlanta
Patriots - Ny Jets

The last one is a dog:

Seattle - Chicago

OTM Al
01-16-2011, 08:18 AM
We missed the boat on this one. As I watched the evening game my mind began to wander and it suddenly struck me: Who would win if Brett Favre still played for both teams? No game in NFL history would ever have contained more fun. And just imagine, 60 minutes of Brett Favre playing pitch and catch just like he was at a BBQ or in the back yard as he seemlessly switched from one team to the other. But then it struck me. Was Brett Favre so great that he could have beaten Brett Favre? Oh what could have been my friends, what could have been....

judd
01-16-2011, 09:32 AM
pittsburgh was a great game to watch

great comeback :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I finally joined the 21st century a few weeks ago and got an HDTV. The snow at the Bears game looks like looking out a window. Where was this all my life!

JustRalph
01-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I finally joined the 21st century a few weeks ago and got an HDTV. The snow at the Bears game looks like looking out a window. Where was this all my life!

just think, next year they are going to introduce 4k TV

4 times the resolution as current TV

JustRalph
01-16-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/01/16/covers/back011611.jpg

Rookies
01-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Even the Luddites can't stay in TV 1961 forever, Al!:ThmbUp:

Glad you've joined the real 21st.century world. I have a 46 incher and I am constantly blown away by the football/horseracing/sports quality of the picture.

MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (the richest sports corp, I believe) opened a FABULOUS sports bar in Toronto dominated by a $1 million dollar HD screen of two stories! http://www.realsports.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=65

We go there frequently during the NFL season- incredible! Don't miss it if you come here.

OTM Al
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
just think, next year they are going to introduce 4k TV

4 times the resolution as current TV

I don't think my eyes are good enough any more to tell the difference! I want to play some games on this thing. That could just be the complete ruination of my free time

rastajenk
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Indeed.

I thought we were late to the party in getting one about a year ago. I am ever the skeptic, so it was on my relenting that we pulled the trigger then. Wow; what a step up in class.

So for every major event the past year, I've rubbed my hands in evil glee giggling "The first March Madness :jump: in HD," 'the first Masters :ThmbUp: in HD," "the first Derby :kiss: in HD," and on and on...

It's all good.

redshift1
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't think my eyes are good enough any more to tell the difference! I want to play some games on this thing. That could just be the complete ruination of my free time

Ps3 and & Uncharted2 to show off the HDTV and of course AVS forums to explain it all.

JustRalph
01-17-2011, 01:54 AM
i haven't seen it, but I have read the Xbox runs some mean HD games

redshift1
01-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Both the Xbox 360 and the Ps3 play Hd games although some games advertise 1080p almost all are played at 720p.

Both game consoles now use HDMI to connect to your monitor or to your home theater system.

Both also offer wireless controllers.

Both also connect to your home WIFI system.

Both systems look essentially the same on a HDTV monitor.

Game discs are not interchangeable between systems.

Halo can only be played on Xbox, Uncharted 1&2 is ps3 exclusive.