PDA

View Full Version : Don't read this if you cry easily

superfecta
09-15-2001, 03:06 AM
I am posting this just to be selfish,I feel a need to vent and prepare those who wish to follow the news coverage.
The worst part of this ordeal has not occurred yet.
We know many people have died,but it will really hit you when the rescue efforts end and the workers begin to bring the dead out.When OKC had the bombing,it really didn't affect me directly,but I almost lost it when the body bags were brought out of the Afred P Murrow building and shown on tv.Lots of bags,and lots of little bags from the daycare.
I couldn't even stand to watch tv when they showed the victims in the hospital,especially the little kids with bandages in places they didn't know they had.
This was two years before my son Remington was born,and I don't know if anyone who has kids could have watched the television coverage and not put themselves in that position of wondering what would they would be like if they were in the situation of having to bury their young son or daughter.
I felt for the people who had to retrieve what was left of the people in that building,what they saw,and what the smell was like.
If I remember correctly,at least three people have committed suicide that were "rescue" workers.
That scene is now going to be repeated ,tenfold...
I am going to do my best to stay away from the coverage when this happens,I don't want to see.
Because I remember one fireman saying as he walked away on one of those days saying"Man I just want to go home and hold my kid"
I think I may have a hard time ever letting go if I do see.

Tom
09-15-2001, 03:07 PM
Those guys that walk into HELL every day to try find survivors are such heroes. Everyday they are reliving our worst nightmare, and yet when "W" comes to see them, they stand up and shout USA-USA!!
These guys are just the best the world has to offer and
we have to come up with some way to thank them when this is over.
Although, I think God may have already made plans to thak them in His own way.
Tom