PDA

View Full Version : Tracks with HD streaming video

Inglewood Flamingo
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Anyone know which tracks offer this? I have seen only Calder although I recall Keeneland does as well. What others are out there?

When at the Racing and Gaming Symposium this year Churchill Downs president Bob Evans spoke about all of their tracks have invested in the equipment but only few providers have taken advantage of it. I don't think Fairgrounds is even in HD though on Twin Spires TV. :confused:

Market Mover
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Anyone know which tracks offer this? I have seen only Calder although I recall Keeneland does as well. What others are out there?

When at the Racing and Gaming Symposium this year Churchill Downs president Bob Evans spoke about all of their tracks have invested in the equipment but only few providers have taken advantage of it. I don't think Fairgrounds is even in HD though on Twin Spires TV. :confused:

Keeneland definitely has HD streaming video.

titans1127
01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Keeneland, Calder and Churchill are the only ones I am aware of.

ranchwest
01-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure FG is HD.

duncan04
01-14-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm pretty sure FG is HD.

All the CDI tracks are HD (Arlington, Fairgrounds, Churchill, Calder)

titans1127
01-14-2011, 11:19 AM
All the CDI tracks are HD (Arlington, Fairgrounds, Churchill, Calder)I wasn't using Twinspires until after Arlington closed so I can't comment on them but Twinspires TV does not show Fairgrounds in HD while Churchill and Calder were.

senortout
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I wasn't using Twinspires until after Arlington closed so I can't comment on them but Twinspires TV does not show Fairgrounds in HD while Churchill and Calder were.

They are using the hd capable camera as the detail is there but seem to be sending a 4x3 signal.......its strange, kinda like when your local affiliate station used to slip in and out of 16x9 between commercials remember those days? does not seem to happen as much lately....seemed almost like they had someone fall asleep at a switch that had to be manual and now its automatic....same switch that blasts the volume way up for commercials by the way :bang:

ps when it comes to losing the signal....Twinspires again.......notice how the signal always fails just as the horses get away from the gate! how could you plan that unless theres a bandwidth limit switch at their end that kicks in at that moment? just sayin either the feed is fine or its not and ALWAYS at the BELL. Does happen more on weekends I'll say that.

Inglewood Flamingo
01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
This is just ridiculous and embarrassing as a sport that has so much from being televised or streamed via internet. Hell, college basketball is now broadcast in not only HD, but 3D!!! :mad:

Otis11
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
This is just ridiculous and embarrassing as a sport that has so much from being televised or streamed via internet. Hell, college basketball is now broadcast in not only HD, but 3D!!! :mad:
I asked a member of track management if they had plans on going to HD. The response I got was they didn't want to make the investment because the players could care less about HD. I was stunned....

edmond1
01-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Would prefer to see it in black and white if it can be seen without the 7 second delay.

Equifan
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
ps when it comes to losing the signal....Twinspires again.......notice how the signal always fails just as the horses get away from the gate! how could you plan that unless theres a bandwidth limit switch at their end that kicks in at that moment? just sayin either the feed is fine or its not and ALWAYS at the BELL. Does happen more on weekends I'll say that.

I have the same difficulties that most account holders deal with. There are several spots along the transmission path that affect what we see on our PC.
One of the major culprits that affect video quality and stuttering is the compression algorithm used to compress video. If I understand correctly it has to do with abrupt changes in the pixel color/location (as in when starting gate opens).