PDA

View Full Version : Sham

abe
01-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Didn't this used to be a 1 1/8th race?

Market Mover
01-13-2011, 03:28 PM

They're going to be playing two Tapit offspring this weekend coming off impressive maiden wins.

I figure it's about time Tapit makes amends on the TC trail for missing the big dance his year. He swept the Wood and looked to be primed for a big effort his year.

I still think Tapits may be better on turf. He threw Laragh and Tapitsfly. But there was Careless Jewel, as white as her daddy, who smashed them in the G1 Alabama at the classic distance. That was later on in the season, though.

Baffert had another Tapit in Concord Point, who went on to win a minor Derby later on in the year, but not good enough for the Big Dance. Could the Pleasant Colony damside be the difference? 2nd dam won long going on the turf in Uncle Sam's line. Tapizar does have Wild Again in his, but jury may still be out on these two. Thoughts?

My Friend
01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
i would think given the speed favoring nature of the way the silt had settled on the SA track,
it is difficult to tell wether or not a pedigree that favors route distances, like the pleasant colony line, or others situated toward stamina,
is of signigicance yet,
given the few races run on the newly harrowed surface.

if the newly harrowed track leaves a surface that still allows for 6f 58's from 2 year olds, i dobut closing pedigree is an issue at the sham distance.

cj
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Yes.

Dahoss9698
01-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Thoughts?

I like Tapizar a lot. Not just in this race, but going forward.

Market Mover
01-14-2011, 02:46 AM
I like Tapizar a lot. Not just in this race, but going forward.

Has the Wild Again/Icecapade broodmare line produced any recent successes on the TC trail?

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Has the Wild Again/Icecapade broodmare line produced any recent successes on the TC trail?

I'm not sure and to be honest I don't follow pedigree enough to remember. At this point after horses have run a few times, especially going two turns I think you have a pretty good idea who is going to appreciate going on in distance and who isn't by looking at their races.