PDA

View Full Version : The Opportunistic Liar

boxcar
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Everyone has heard about how right after the messiah visited Gabby that she for the first time opened her eyes? I guess the media perpetuated this bald-faced lie to convey the impression that Obama can really bring "healing" to people -- just his mere presence in a room with her was enough for her to sense his presence and draw upon his divine power for healing.

But the fact of the matter is, her eyes have been opened intermittently for days!

Obama is a typical leftist who will not let a good crisis or tragedy go to waste. He simply has exploited it and has milked it for what it's worth. Many leftists relish these kinds of situations. It's really said we have such a reprobate for a president.

Giffords critical after 'devastating' wound, doctors 'cautiously optimistic'

Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care. Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday - an encouraging sign, said Rhee said.

This article was written 5 days ago! :bang: :bang:

Here's the link:

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/010911_giffords_condition

Boxcar

DJofSD
01-13-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsKLXFlhk7s

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
you knew it was a lie, simply for dramatic effect. in fact the whole rally/memoriam was an embarrassing sham made to make the president look good. they were passing out t-shirts and branded the rally. can't they for one moment turn off their media machine and brand managers? I notice he didn't ever once try to stop the applause, nope he soaked it up as if once again it's all about him.

mostpost
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Everyone has heard about how right after the messiah visited Gabby that she for the first time opened her eyes? I guess the media perpetuated this bald-faced lie to convey the impression that Obama can really bring "healing" to people -- just his mere presence in a room with her was enough for her to sense his presence and draw upon his divine power for healing.

But the fact of the matter is, her eyes have been opened intermittently for days!

Obama is a typical leftist who will not let a good crisis or tragedy go to waste. He simply has exploited it and has milked it for what it's worth. Many leftists relish these kinds of situations. It's really said we have such a reprobate for a president.

Giffords critical after 'devastating' wound, doctors 'cautiously optimistic'

Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care. Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday - an encouraging sign, said Rhee said.

This article was written 5 days ago! :bang: :bang:

Here's the link:

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/010911_giffords_condition

Boxcar
The point is this is the first time she opened her eyes on her own. Previously she did so in response to a request or a command from her doctors.
From the article:
He described simple commands as: "can you open your eyes?" or "can you raise two fingers." Such simple tasks can tell doctors much about her condition, he said.

Furthermore, because of the surgery, Giffords was not supposed to open her eyes and she was under sedation. Now, the sedation is being gradually decreased and proscription against opening her eyes is being relaxed.

It was also evident from the testimony of others in the room , such as Debbie Stabenow, Senator from Michigan, that Giffords was aware of some of the people in the room, particularly her husband.
Obama did not tell that story to garner praise for himself, only a fool would think so, he told it to inspire hope in us;and to inform us of the gallant fight of Congresswoman Giffords and

Tom
01-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Obama did not tell that story to garner praise for himself, only a fool would think so, he told it to inspire hope in us :lol::lol::lol:

You're killing me!

Oh, wait, how vitriolic of me to say that! :blush::lol:

mostpost
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
you knew it was a lie, simply for dramatic effect. in fact the whole rally/memoriam was an embarrassing sham made to make the president look good. they were passing out t-shirts and branded the rally. can't they for one moment turn off their media machine and brand managers? I notice he didn't ever once try to stop the applause, nope he soaked it up as if once again it's all about him.

There was nothing about the memorial (It wasn't a rally) nor in the speech that was remotely about Obama. Only a person filled with an irrational hatred would think there was. The speech was about the people who died there. It was about those who survived. It was about those who risked their lives to help others-help others, what a concept. It was about changing the dynamic of our political discourse. There was no attempt by Obama to deny blame. There was no attempt to place blame. There was, in fact, a request-no, a plea- that we heal our political discourse without placing blame.

If Obama did not try to stop the applause, it was not because he sas "soaking it up." And the audience did not applaud anything because Obama said it, they applauded because they recogniized the truth of his remarks and they understood that what he said honored the victims, praised the survivors and uplifted the nation.

I am genuinely sad that you cannot, will not, see that.

Tom
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
As far as memorials go, I have never seen one like it.
I thought is stunk.

And a 30 minute speech?

boxcar
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
The point is this is the first time she opened her eyes on her own. Previously she did so in response to a request or a command from her doctors.
From the article:

Furthermore, because of the surgery, Giffords was not supposed to open her eyes and she was under sedation. Now, the sedation is being gradually decreased and proscription against opening her eyes is being relaxed.

It was also evident from the testimony of others in the room , such as Debbie Stabenow, Senator from Michigan, that Giffords was aware of some of the people in the room, particularly her husband.
Obama did not tell that story to garner praise for himself, only a fool would think so, he told it to inspire hope in us;and to inform us of the gallant fight of Congresswoman Giffords and

You know, Mosty...I just knew you would let Obama lead you by the ring in your nose due to your irrational idolization of and adoration for him. As God is my witness, I knew you'd be the first one to challenge me on this thead

If I'm a fool, what does that make anyone who would blindly believe a serial liar? While Obama sought the permission of Gifford's husband to deviate from his speech to make a public announcement about this "miracle" (more on this in a moment), pay attention carefully to how BO himself worded his statement:

He said that after he left the facility, "Gabby opened her eyes for the first time," which led to an eruption of cheers.

If you still don't believe, click on the link below and listen to the vid carefully. Nowhere in his announcement did he qualify his statement about her opening her eyes for the first time. Therefore, in the absence of any qualification, a listener would only be able to conclude that this was indeed the very first time ever!

And I submit to you that since he, in all probability, has been receiving detailed reports on her progress over these last several days, that glaring, reprehensible omission constitutes a bald-faced lie. He made no attempt to put that bit of good news in its proper context. It simply was NOT the first time she opened her eyes! Period. End of Story. He willfully misrepresented the facts. That makes him a liar -- which should not come as a surprise to anyone who has followed this man's campaign or administration.

And I further submit to you that he announced it just that way to elicit applause from the audience! The MEmorial was really about him. It's always about him because he's a sociopathic narcissist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/12/obama-gabrielle-giffords-opens-eyes_n_808346.html

Moreover, the "state-run" mainstream media helps to perpetuate this lie because they're in the tank for Obama. Notice carefully how this Huffington Post headline misleads its readers with this:

Obama: 'Gabby Opened Her Eyes' For First Time Today (VIDEO)

Why are there parentheses around the first phrase instead of the second!?
Gabby did indeed open her eyes, so what's the point to the parentheses? They're misplaced, are they not? They should have been setting off "for the first time today" because it was NOT for the first time! :bang: :bang:

In fact, neither BO or HP could even get the fundamentals right. She opened only one eye, not both! :bang: :bang:

HP flat out lied. Now, look at another headline from the Tucson Sentinel:

'Miracles happen' - Giffords opens eye for first time after Obama visit

This headline isn't quite as blatantly a lie as HP's -- but nonetheless it's still misleading. They set off "miracles happen" (which could be interpreted in more than one way instead of setting off "for the first time". I think what the paper was trying to subtly convey to its readers is that there was some kind of "providential or divine" connection between the "miracle" of the eye opening and Obama's visit. Maybe BO is really the messiah who can walk on water. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only when you read down toward the middle of the story do they devote one sentence to admitting she has opened her eyes previously.

These kinds of sneaky, underhanded, devious reporting practices are what I picked up on this morning over the radio news. In every single instance the radio blurbs essentially announced this news in a way that was virtually identical to how BO announced it and HP reported it -- i.e. "for the first time" -- as completely unqualified statements. This deceptive reporting immediately caught my attention because I knew better.

Once again, I ask: If I'm a fool, what does that make you!? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

mostpost
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
You know, Mosty...I just knew you would let Obama lead you by the ring in your nose due to your irrational idolization of and adoration for him. As God is my witness, I knew you'd be the first one to challenge me on this thead

If I'm a fool, what does that make anyone who would blindly believe a serial liar? While Obama sought the permission of Gifford's husband to deviate from his speech to make a public announcement about this "miracle" (more on this in a moment), pay attention carefully to how BO himself worded his statement:

He said that after he left the facility, "Gabby opened her eyes for the first time," which led to an eruption of cheers.

If you still don't believe, click on the link below and listen to the vid carefully. Nowhere in his announcement did he qualify his statement about her opening her eyes for the first time. Therefore, in the absence of any qualification, a listener would only be able to conclude that this was indeed the very first time ever!

And I submit to you that since he, in all probability, has been receiving detailed reports on her progress over these last several days, that glaring, reprehensible omission constitutes a bald-faced lie. He made no attempt to put that bit of good news in its proper context. It simply was NOT the first time she opened her eyes! Period. End of Story. He willfully misrepresented the facts. That makes him a liar -- which should not come as a surprise to anyone who has followed this man's campaign or administration.

And I further submit to you that he announced it just that way to elicit applause from the audience! The MEmorial was really about him. It's always about him because he's a sociopathic narcissist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/12/obama-gabrielle-giffords-opens-eyes_n_808346.html

Moreover, the "state-run" mainstream media helps to perpetuate this lie because they're in the tank for Obama. Notice carefully how this Huffington Post headline misleads its readers with this:

Obama: 'Gabby Opened Her Eyes' For First Time Today (VIDEO)

Why are there parentheses around the first phrase instead of the second!?
Gabby did indeed open her eyes, so what's the point to the parentheses? They're misplaced, are they not? They should have been setting off "for the first time today" because it was NOT for the first time! :bang: :bang:

In fact, neither BO or HP could even get the fundamentals right. She opened only one eye, not both! :bang: :bang:

HP flat out lied. Now, look at another headline from the Tucson Sentinel:

'Miracles happen' - Giffords opens eye for first time after Obama visit

This headline isn't quite as blatantly a lie as HP's -- but nonetheless it's still misleading. They set off "miracles happen" (which could be interpreted in more than one way instead of setting off "for the first time". I think what the paper was trying to subtly convey to its readers is that there was some kind of "providential or divine" connection between the "miracle" of the eye opening and Obama's visit. Maybe BO is really the messiah who can walk on water. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only when you read down toward the middle of the story do they devote one sentence to admitting she has opened her eyes previously.

These kinds of sneaky, underhanded, devious reporting practices are what I picked up on this morning over the radio news. In every single instance the radio blurbs essentially announced this news in a way that was virtually identical to how BO announced it and HP reported it -- i.e. "for the first time" -- as completely unqualified statements. This deceptive reporting immediately caught my attention because I knew better.

Once again, I ask: If I'm a fool, what does that make you!? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar
No one would think that Giffords opened her eyes due to some quasi-divine intervention by Barack Obama. Certainly no one would think that Obama was suggesting that when he passed along the good news. No one except someone who is obsessed with Barack Obama. That would be you.
Here is a story on Giffords recovery from today:
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110113/US.Congresswoman.Shot.Recovery/

And here is an excerpt from that story; I have bolded the important part, although I am certain that will not help you to get the point. :bang:
With her closest friends from Congress holding her hand Wednesday evening, Giffords opened her unbandaged left eye and tried to focus on loved ones for the first time.

"Tried to focus on loved ones for the first time." How awful that Obama did not include that clarifying phrase. How terrible that he thought that good news would be enough. How foolish of him to not know that there are people in this country who are so small minded, so petty that they will twist good news into another reason to hate someone.

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
I thought is stunk.

And a 30 minute speech?
someone put up a video of Bush's speech after the Virginia Tech shooting massacre for comparison. It was about 7 minutes long, somber, no applause lines, no bumper stickers, no T-shirt giveaway, no branding of the event by media types, no partisan booing.

Even worse than this one was the Paul Wellstone memorial way back when. It literally turned into a boisterous campaign rally.

bigmack
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Comments about 12 dead @ Ft. Hood had to wait for a "shout out" to Chief Medicine Crow.

aYldhOp1p34

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
remember after Ft Hood we were told that the government was very concerned about retaliation against Muslims even though there wasn't any sign of it.

this time no one is really concerned that death threats against Sarah Palin and tea party leaders are off the hook. facebook has to keep taking down sites based on killing Sarah Palin, and some of those sites had thousands of followers.

really nice.

NJ Stinks
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I thought is stunk.

What a shocking revelation.

boxcar
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
No one would think that Giffords opened her eyes due to some quasi-divine intervention by Barack Obama. Certainly no one would think that Obama was suggesting that when he passed along the good news. No one except someone who is obsessed with Barack Obama. That would be you.
Here is a story on Giffords recovery from today:
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110113/US.Congresswoman.Shot.Recovery/

And here is an excerpt from that story; I have bolded the important part, although I am certain that will not help you to get the point. :bang:

"Tried to focus on loved ones for the first time." How awful that Obama did not include that clarifying phrase. How terrible that he thought that good news would be enough. How foolish of him to not know that there are people in this country who are so small minded, so petty that they will twist good news into another reason to hate someone.

Yes, he is one awful, despicable, lying, deceitful, hypocritical individual. I'm ashamed to call him my president. I'm ashamed to own him as my president.
He's an embarrassment to many Americans. There's not a modicum of integrity or honesty in this narcissist's body that I can detect. He knew fully well before he even saw Giffords how she has been responding to treatment these last several days. But even knowing this, he chose to lie by omission by omitting a pertinent detail. And the mainstream media is just as guilty. All he had to do was tell the crowd and the public the TRUTH for once in his miserable, pathetic life -- that she opened an eye for the first time without being prompted to do so. That in itself would have been fantastic news. But no! Instead, he had to distort the truth by telling a half truth and passing it off for the whole truth. He had to try to make the occasion into something more than what it was -- because after all, he was there. He was right on the scene. Right on top of everything. Yes, he had to try to portray himself as the "miracle man" (and the press gladly picked up on that cue!)-- that what she did happened in his presence...almost.

I'll tell you what I'm "obsessed with" -- I'm impressed with truth. I'm very impressed by people who tell the truth. Truth-telling impresses me greatly. So, no...I'm not obsessed with your boy and his messiah-complex. Instead, I'm revulsed by him. He's a serial liar who has no truth in him (at least nothing I have every evidenced by anything he has said or done). In fact, God might have given this guy over to a reprobate mind -- and one of the marks of one with such a mind is lying. God help America if he has!

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Comments about 12 dead @ Ft. Hood had to wait for a "shout out" to Chief Medicine Crow.

Is there a distinction between a news conference 2,000 miles away and a memorial at the site?

Just curious. :rolleyes:

FantasticDan
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
You knew today was gonna be a tough day for boxcar n' friends, given the positive nature of the memorial service and the unanimous praise the president has received for his speech. A twitching and agitated Boxy likely doubled up on his meds this morning as a result, and that's why his typical over-inflated blathering today seems even more rabid and manic than usual :mad: :jump: :mad: . He'll fall asleep soon.... :sleeping: :ThmbUp:

bigmack
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
You knew today was gonna be a tough day for boxcar n' friends, given the positive nature of the memorial service and the unanimous praise the president has received for his speech. A twitching and agitated Boxy likely doubled up on his meds this morning as a result, and that's why his typical over-inflated blathering today seems even more rabid and manic than usual :mad: :jump: :mad: . He'll fall asleep soon.... :sleeping: :ThmbUp:
It's true. Your posts in offtop are like a turd the size of a VW. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.hark.com/clips/cpqpzcpnsy-i-got-chunks-of-guys-like-you-in-my-stool :lol:

boxcar
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Whenever the Left cannot refute the truth, they attack the truth's messengers. It's been that way since the beginning -- starting when Cain slew Able, then when the Israelites, under the Old Covenant, murdered many of their prophets, then they murdered the Christ through Pilate, then Christians have been martyred for centuries for proclaiming and defending the truth, and so it continues today throughout the world. It comes with the territory of having a love for the truth.

As the old adage goes, "the more things change, the more they remain the same."

Boxcar

boxcar
01-13-2011, 07:00 PM

It would have been a perfect speech had it not been for his lie and his equivocating on the blame issue.

Again, his equivocation speaks pointedly to his inability to be truthful. It's just not in him.

Boxcar

delayjf
01-13-2011, 08:06 PM

It did have the feel of a political rally - they even handed out t-shirts.

Spiderman
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Cheers to Obama! That's the guy I voted for. The speech was right-on, while serving to eulogize those that died and give uplift to the survivors.

It is unfathomable how anyone can distort his speech. I commend mostpost for valiantly attempting to show the light. I know what it is like to be alone in the midst of the cons coven.

mostpost
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Whenever the Left cannot refute the truth, they attack the truth's messengers. It's been that way since the beginning -- starting when Cain slew Able, then when the Israelites, under the Old Covenant, murdered many of their prophets, then they murdered the Christ through Pilate, then Christians have been martyred for centuries for proclaiming and defending the truth, and so it continues today throughout the world. It comes with the territory of having a love for the truth.

Boxcar
Noted without comment.

mostpost
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Cheers to Obama! That's the guy I voted for. The speech was right-on, while serving to eulogize those that died and give uplift to the survivors.

It is unfathomable how anyone can distort his speech. I commend mostpost for valiantly attempting to show the light. I know what it is like to be alone in the midst of the cons coven.
:lol: :lol: The fight is never so fair as when one of us libs is alone in the midst of the cons' coven. :lol: :lol:

boxcar
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM

It's only unfathomable to you because the truth is also.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
:lol: :lol: The fight is never so fair as when one of us libs is alone in the midst of the cons' coven. :lol: :lol:

The fight wouldn't be fair for you even if you were arguing only against your pet rocks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Grits
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/tucson-shooting-giffords-recovery-helped-family-friends/story?id=12608078&page=1

Box, as much, and as long as I have respected your faith, and I do, very much--I didn't know I would come to see and to realize, even with the backup of scriptural knowledge that you possess, that you know so well, that you could look upon another human being with so much disdain. So jaded, soured, loathing and despising, you've become blinded by your hatred. Your opinion of all matters political is causing you to miss those things that are SO much more important. You're missing them completely.

You are to the point of an angry man who has become limited, one who is bent on challenging, finding fault with any and every individual, and every event that happens which gives you rise to disagree. Seeing everything in this country as an opportunity to rage like other zealots, on and on, against whomever you're not aligned with as it relates to politics or the state of this entire nation.

The above report, and this is simply one of many online, makes no mention whatsoever of Obama. This report, like tonight's newscast I watched speaks to the healing powers of family and friends, the healing power of touch, and of love.

It has so messed me up, so disappointed me, that through all of the reporting of the extraordinary, miraculous progress Gabby Giffords is making that you are not seeing, that you are not acknowledging or giving credit to "the elephant in the hospital room", Box.

When there could not be a greater moment, you've chosen to continue with your tirades against another mortal being that you detest. Its more important to you to fuss about this man and call him a liar than it is to open the eyes of those that may question is there a true God. Question the power of God--when doctors know, and state, openly, to the world that they are "wise to miracles"?

The "elephant in the hospital room" was God. And you missed him, Box. You, of all who are here--you missed him.

You are the one that didn't get it, Box.

--You--are the one that missed it.

Everyone in her room got it, her husband, her family, her friends, her fellow Congresswomen . . . they were speaking to her at the time, no one else . . . they and others who've been brought to their absolute knees in the past in hospital rooms just like this one--got it. They knew they were seeing God's work. I knew I was seeing God's work through this woman and those around her.

The story is NOT about the degree of how open her eyes were earlier, or even if they were. Barack Obama didn't do this, Box. He didn't make this about himself, I don't care how much you believe this--he didn't. His address on that podium was so secondary to what others saw and continue to see. I am so saddened by the fact that you missed God's presence in that hospital room. I thought you would know, Boxcar. I thought you would know better than anyone here. :(

Jay Trotter
01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally, I was reading down to respond to one poster, but upon reading Grit's message I couldn't bring myself to combine my response to her with that one, so...

Grits, well said! Very nicely written!

Trotter:ThmbUp:

Jay Trotter
01-13-2011, 09:45 PM

Boxcar

So, you're saying that Cain was a lefty?:faint: I did not know that!!!

Spiderman
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/tucson-shooting-giffords-recovery-helped-family-friends/story?id=12608078&page=1

Box, as much, and as long as I have respected your faith, and I do, very much--I didn't know I would come to see and to realize, even with the backup of scriptural knowledge that you possess, that you know so well, that you could look upon another human being with so much disdain. So jaded, soured, loathing and despising, you've become blinded by your hatred. Your opinion of all matters political is causing you to miss those things that are SO much more important. You're missing them completely.

You are to the point of an angry man who has become limited, one who is bent on challenging, finding fault with any and every individual, and every event that happens which gives you rise to disagree. Seeing everything in this country as an opportunity to rage like other zealots, on and on, against whomever you're not aligned with as it relates to politics or the state of this entire nation.

The above report, and this is simply one of many online, makes no mention whatsoever of Obama. This report, like tonight's newscast I watched speaks to the healing powers of family and friends, the healing power of touch, and of love.

It has so messed me up, so disappointed me, that through all of the reporting of the extraordinary, miraculous progress Gabby Giffords is making that you are not seeing, that you are not acknowledging or giving credit to "the elephant in the hospital room", Box.

When there could not be a greater moment, you've chosen to continue with your tirades against another mortal being that you detest. Its more important to you to fuss about this man and call him a liar than it is to open the eyes of those that may question is there a true God. Question the power of God--when doctors know, and state, openly, to the world that they are "wise to miracles"?

The "elephant in the hospital room" was God. And you missed him, Box. You, of all who are here--you missed him.

Everyone in her room got it, her husband, her family, her friends, her fellow Congresswomen . . . they were speaking to her at the time, no one else . . . they and others who've been brought to their absolute knees in the past in hospital rooms just like this one--got it. They knew they were seeing God's work. I knew I was seeing God's work through this woman and those around her.

The story is NOT about the degree of how open her eyes were earlier, or even if they were. Barack Obama didn't do this, Box. He didn't make this about himself, I don't care how much you believe this--he didn't. His address on that podium was so secondary to what others saw and continue to see. I am so saddened by the fact that you missed God's presence in that hospital room. I thought you would know, Boxcar. I thought you would know better than anyone here. :(

Thanks.

boxcar
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM

The link you posted does place the emphasis where itshould have been placed all along by the sheriff, the media, the politicians and even Obama -- on the tragedy, on the victims on the survivors. But this thread specifically links to other aspects of last night's memorial.

When the president can't even find it within himself to be truthful in a "very minor" thing during this terrible tragedy -- during a memorial address, no less -- I find that particular despicable, especially given his very long track record of lies. He could have easily and honestly qualified his statement statement about Gabby last night and everything would have been alright. But he didn't. He made it worse.

You ask, "how did he make it worse"? Because he encouraged the in-the-tank-for-Obama media to perpetuate his lie. Again, this is precisely how I picked up on what went on last night -- by listening this morning to radio news headlines on a couple of stations that equally misrepresented what really happened. This in turn prompted me to investigate on the web just what the heck did happen last night because the way the radio reports were worded, I knew they weren't reporting factually. The rest is history. I posted the links and vid with his own words on this thread. The irrefutable fact remains: He lied once again -- this time by omission -- by representing something as the whole truth by telling a half truth. To my way of thinking, in the context of this horrible tragedy, this narcissistic man could not have sunk any lower.

But you are right about this: I missed "God's presence in the hospital room" -- probably because I wasn't there for starters. And neither did I follow the "politicized" memorial last night on the web, on the radio or on TV. But if it's any consolation to you, many churches in my area have been praying for her recovery, for the other injured people and for the survivors of the deceased.
We Christians believe in miracles. And many smart doctors are quite reluctant to dismiss their possibility or even discount them. I am very thankful to God when he answers prayer. It does wondrous things for my faith.

As for your disappointment with me or this thread, perhaps you have set yourself up for that. There are several threads that have looked at this tragedy from various perspectives -- many of them from some political angle. I only wish I could say that I was "merely" disappointed in Obama and let it go at that. Things would be simpler. But with Obama's history, I can't say that at all. When I discovered the reason this morning behind the language of the radio reports, I could only shake my head and essentially say about the man..."par for the course". I was not surprised in the least.

I have reached a point with this man whereby I have come to expect nothing better of him. And this, admittedly, could be a failing of mine. Maybe I need to follow better the bible's injunctions that require Christians to pray for our leaders. It's really not my place to give up on him or any other human being. That is only God's prerogative. And I may have you to thank down the road for helping to point this out to me.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
So, you're saying that Cain was a lefty?:faint: I did not know that!!!

Yes, he was quite the southpaw.

Boxcar

Jay Trotter
01-13-2011, 10:21 PM
I wasn't there for starters. And neither did I follow the "politicized" memorial last night on the web, on the radio or on TV.

Boxcar

You didn't tune in and yet you are the all-knowing, all-seeing one! :ThmbDown:

boxcar
01-13-2011, 10:34 PM
You didn't tune in and yet you are the all-knowing, all-seeing one! :ThmbDown:

You don't read too swell, do you? No, I didn't analyze the overall event because I didn't follow it. The only thing that caught my ear this morning were the false news headline reports I heard over two radio stations. And this is all that this thread is about. This topic focuses very narrowly on one small aspect of last night's reporting and one tiny segment of BO's speech.

Boxcar
P.S. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to sniff out a lie either. Neither does one need to be God to do this. However, the skills of a Sherlock Holmes can never hurt in this regard. :rolleyes:

Jay Trotter
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
No, I didn't analyze the overall event because I didn't follow it.

Enough said! Obviously, you're the biggest phony here in off-topics! :lol:

Rookies
01-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I have reached a point with this man whereby I have come to expect nothing better of him. And this, admittedly, could be a failing of mine. Maybe I need to follow better the bible's injunctions that require Christians to pray for our leaders. It's really not my place to give up on him or any other human being. That is only God's prerogative. And I may have you to thank down the road for helping to point this out to me.

I surely hope so, as no doubt, many here do. I thank Grits as well :ThmbUp: , for saying in a calm, ordered manner what I fully intended to give with a heaping helping of fire & brimstone.

On occasion, and this is one Box, you are so far out on that metaphorical limb by your lonesome, it is only you who can bring youself back.

sandpit
01-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Who is Able?

Grits
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Rookies wrote: On occasion, and this is one Box, you are so far out on that metaphorical limb by your lonesome, it is only you who can bring youself back.

No, Rookies. Honey, that's not true. Box is never alone, nor will he ever be. None of us are. Not unless we choose to be.

newtothegame
01-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I listened to a portion of the memorial on radio as I was on the way to work.....
My impressions (from the parts I heard), .....
And I know i will probably get it from my fellow cons....But, I think Obama did a good job.
Was he a bit long winded....?? YES....
Did it seem "political" in nature?? YES.....
Was this a Memorial?? I thought it was intended to be...yet somehow it seemed to turn to political rally to me......
But all in all, I do NOT think Obama tried to turn this into about "him".
I really like that Napolitano and Holder read scripture.....
I also seemed to think that Obama used his podium to criticize his OWN party for the rhetoric that has been coming from the left. That's where I had a small problem as this was supposed to be about the VICTIMS and their families.
I didnt like how it felt (political in nature)....
The tee shirts...an absolute disgrace!!!
But again...to the point of this thread....I do NOT think Obama made this about himself. Now if the left media bias did, then hold them accountable...not Obama!
For all of what I believe Obama's faults to be, I think he did a really nice job of trying to unite versus divide from what I heard.
And NOT on a side note....Prayers and thoughts to the victims and families of this tragedy!

Secretariat
01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
...I have reached a point with this man whereby I have come to expect nothing better of him. And this, admittedly, could be a failing of mine. Maybe I need to follow better the bible's injunctions that require Christians to pray for our leaders. It's really not my place to give up on him or any other human being. That is only God's prerogative. And I may have you to thank down the road for helping to point this out to me.

Boxcar

I can understand your feelings. I felt the same way with 8 long years of Bush. I am no fan of Obama. He's a wonderful speaker to large crowds, but his actions overall have left me dissapointed in him.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
--Galatians 5:22-23

boxcar
01-14-2011, 12:34 PM

I surely hope so, as no doubt, many here do. I thank Grits as well :ThmbUp: , for saying in a calm, ordered manner what I fully intended to give with a heaping helping of fire & brimstone.

On occasion, and this is one Box, you are so far out on that metaphorical limb by your lonesome, it is only you who can bring youself back.

Metaphysical??? There's nothing metaphysical about pointing out a man's lie.

You are aware of what the truth must consist, aren't you? This is a serious question. Think about the oath a witness is required to take before he gives his testimony in a courtroom. There is a two-fold test to truth. THE TRUTH must be the "whole truth and "nothing but the truth". Put even more simply: Nothing can be added or subtracted to The Truth. If something is, it's NOT THE truth. He subtracted (knowing full well that it was not Giffords' "first time"), as did Huffington Post and much of the mainstream media. Therefore, more than few people and news reporting entities lied, following his lead.

You and others here are looking at this as no big deal in the context of the "solemnity of the moment", in the context of his eloquent words, in the context of a highly charged emotional event. I look at this differently and in the even larger context of his very long "rap sheet" of lies. I confess I became very angry because I couldn't help thinking: How low can this guy go? How low can he stoop? How could anyone with a modicum of decency in him shamelessly exploit the emotions of mourners with a cheap, unnecessary lie? Why? So that the media could fawn over him and write about Gabby's "miracle" and tie it in with his [almost] God-like presence at her bedside?

In addition to all this, and as someone else here already pointed out, this event doubled as a memorial and "political rally" complete with t-shirts with a political slogan. draped over seats, etc.. How totally classless. How tasteless. How crass.

And finally, this serial liar couldn't help but talk out of both sides of his mouth when he got around to "absolving" the Right of any blame in this tragedy in his speech. Again, no surprises here. He is what he is.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I can understand your feelings. I felt the same way with 8 long years of Bush. I am no fan of Obama. He's a wonderful speaker to large crowds, but his actions overall have left me dissapointed in him.

Oh...I can feel your pain, my newly found brother. I can relate. I can empathize. I really can -- just not so much with the disappointment thingy, though, because I had him pretty much figured out before he was elected.

But...you must have been devastated when in December he came out of his closet pushing to extend the Bush tax cuts. You must have truly felt betrayed by a guy who before then has kept insisting these last two years that the Bush tax cuts were responsible for getting us into this Deep Recession -- and then to get suckered punched by him when he tells us that they must now be kept in place so that the economy can grow!? :bang: :bang: I mean...what's a girl to believe here? I mean with him...everything is "yes and no". This guy makes Slick Willy look angelic by comparison.

But keep the faith. The great object lesson here to be learned is that it's really foolhardy to trust in man. :)

Boxcar

Secretariat
01-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh...I can feel your pain, my newly found brother. I can relate. I can empathize. I really can -- just not so much with the disappointment thingy, though, because I had him pretty much figured out before he was elected.

But...you must have been devastated when in December he came out of his closet pushing to extend the Bush tax cuts. You must have truly felt betrayed by a guy who before then has kept insisting these last two years that the Bush tax cuts were responsible for getting us into this Deep Recession -- and then to get suckered punched by him when he tells us that they must now be kept in place so that the economy can grow!? :bang: :bang: I mean...what's a girl to believe here? I mean with him...everything is "yes and no". This guy makes Slick Willy look angelic by comparison.

But keep the faith. The great object lesson here to be learned is that it's really foolhardy to trust in man. :)

Boxcar

Prefer my quote Box.

boxcar
01-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Prefer my quote Box.

Mine is just as biblical. Surely, you just don't selectively like God's Word, do you? Plus the other added advantage to mine is that you'll never set yourself up to be disappointed again.

Jer 17:5
5 Thus says the Lord,
"Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind And makes flesh his strength,And whose heart turns away from the Lord.
NASB

You made Obama your strength; look where it has gotten you.

Boxcar

dartman51
01-15-2011, 01:04 AM
remember after Ft Hood we were told that the government was very concerned about retaliation against Muslims even though there wasn't any sign of it.

this time no one is really concerned that death threats against Sarah Palin and tea party leaders are off the hook. facebook has to keep taking down sites based on killing Sarah Palin, and some of those sites had thousands of followers.

really nice.

You know they had to be RIGHT WING RADICAL sites. The LEFT would NEVER rant about killing anyone. After all, they ARE the PARTY OF PEACE AND LOVE. RIGHT??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Might want to check with Hcap on that one so he can cut and paste another list, proving how hateful the right is.

dartman51
01-15-2011, 01:06 AM
You know, Mosty...I just knew you would let Obama lead you by the ring in your nose due to your irrational idolization of and adoration for him.

Boxcar

Mosty doesn't have a RING IN HIS NOSE. He's more like a HAND PUPPET. You figure out where Obama's hand is.

Tom
01-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Mosty doesn't have a RING IN HIS NOSE. He's more like a HAND PUPPET. You figure out where Obama's hand is.

Whoa! Talk about "special delivery!" :eek:

senortout
01-15-2011, 05:08 AM

a thoughtful and constructive response, as thoughtful as I've ever read here.

DJofSD
01-15-2011, 10:34 AM
When the serial liar is looking for his next job, he can write spam email messages. Those are full of lies, half-truths, misrepresentations and omissions. Should be right at home.

Jay Trotter
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
When the serial liar is looking for his next job, he can write spam email messages. Those are full of lies, half-truths, misrepresentations and omissions. Should be right at home.

If I'm not mistaken, Boxie is retired! :lol:

boxcar
01-15-2011, 02:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Boxie is retired! :lol:

What's the matter, Trots...the ponies giving you a rough time today?
:rolleyes:

Boxcar

fast4522
01-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Well today its on Fidel's ass, soon he will be spending the night in the Lincoln bedroom.

Investorater
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
The Hand of God is everywhere He wants to be, though people don't always focus on His Presence. No doubt, there are those Christians who regard B O as a type or forerunner of antichrist. Tragedies such as this seem to give the government all the more reason to tighten the controls of the masses and at the cost of losing our freedoms. Some will view this as a positive others will disagree.

A political cartoon - These two homeless men were sitting on a curb holding signs which read PLEASE GIVE and WILL WORK FOR FOOD along side them was a newspaper machine whose headline read ONE IN SEVEN LIVING IN POVERTY

One says to the other - " I used to pray for hope and change....now, I just hope somebody will give me some change. "

Rookies
01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Tragedies such as this seem to give the government all the more reason to tighten the controls of the masses and at the cost of losing our freedoms. Some will view this as a positive others will disagree.
"

This is simply the nature of true democracies. They zig or zag to the people's perceived will on a myriad of issues from time time. And varied levers of this government can expand or constrict those directions.

As I went through school, there were many lessons about the 2 democracies ( U.S. & Canada). The oft quoted juxtaposition of divergent messages for the creation of the two countries were these:

1) Canada was formulated on the premise of " peace, order and good government", a very restrictive, certainly conservative phrase. The concept was that " order" was pre-eminent and as a corollary, to be enforced by the national police at the time in the Wild West/Yukon (the RCMP).

2) As opposed to Patrick Henry's immortal phrase, which hence enshrined "liberty" as pre-eminent, and to literally be defended to the death.

While both countries' legal and judicial systems have often developed concurrently or at least in similar patterns, I believe that Canada's buy in to the "order" aspect has allowed the slow development of different and increased rights over the passage of time. ( e.g. Gay marriage, relaxed community standards on exotic dance parlours for example and on the other side, strict gun control laws to ensure that 'order').

The U.S. and its citizens more regard such change as intrusion and suppression of liberty and freedoms to be vigorously fended against, especially if the source of the impetus for change is the federal government. In addition, these beliefs have led to a much more wide open capitalism in the U.S. My in laws would remark on this whenever they would visit, especially during the principal Christian holidays of Christmas and Easter. Why? Most Canadian businesses were closed tight as opposed to their experiences (and mine) in the States.

All different nuances that have created the world's longest undefended border between two separate, independent countries.

boxcar
01-17-2011, 01:08 PM
I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. Thanks to El Rushbo, though, he just reminded me. The following comments were made by a Dem "strategist" on Hardball shortly after the disastrous elections the Dems suffered.

Mark Penn Says Obama Needs ‘Similar Event’ to Oklahoma City to Reconnect with Voters

Mediaite offers this insightful commentary on Penn's remarks, which can also be heard on the vid. Here's what MediaLite said:

Occasionally, political pundits get so wrapped up in their analysis that they don’t think through all of the implications of their commentary. That happened to Mark Penn, longtime Democratic pollster, in his appearance on Hardball last night, in the most charitable explanation possible.

Truer words never spoken! The implications to Penn's remarks are nothing less than mind-boggling. What did Penn really say here? In a nutshell: He clearly implied that the President of the U.S. is an empty suit! The president has nothing internally -- within himself -- to offer the people and, therefore, needs [b]external circumstances[/i] to put him back in touch with the American people. Penn is saying that the president is vacuous human being -- that there's nothing of real substance to the man -- that he's morally bankrupt and cannot speak with any moral authority to the American people which is a prerequisite to true leadership. And this is why the Left always [secretly] welcomes tragedies and crises. The Leftists cannot define themselves from within, by what they are -- by what they truly represent (as evidenced by them all calling themselves "moderates", for example, when they run for election), so they need help from without. This is why so many leftists subscribe to the "end justifies the means" type of morality.

Is it any wonder, therefore, that Dupnik, the LameStream media and lib pols have been working overtime to milk this tragedy (the means) in order to advance the Left's political agenda (the ends)? And the ends are clear. The left has in its cross hairs the First and Second Amendments.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mark-penn-says-obama-needs-similar-event-to-oklahoma-city-to-reconnect-with-voters/

Boxcar