PDA

View Full Version : Lower taxes in 2011?

Tom
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I thought we were going to be paying out less for SS?

I'm paying MORE and more in fed withholding.
Not a lot, more.

Did Obama lie to me?

DJofSD
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods?

Robert Goren
01-13-2011, 11:08 AM
My guess is that Tax tables that your employer uses hasn't caught up to the law yet. You work for some else, so you always get screwed, if you haven't figured that out yet. It is the self employed who always get most of the tax breaks. I know I have done both.

GameTheory
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I read that it will take most people a few payroll cycles to get the correct amount, i.e. they will withhold too much or too little the first time, then make a correction the second time, third time more-or-less correct...

boxcar
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
My guess is that Tax tables that your employer uses hasn't caught up to the law yet. You work for some else, so you always get screwed, if you haven't figured that out yet. It is the self employed who always get most of the tax breaks. I know I have done both.

In this case the government screwed Tom because they took their sweet time deciding what they were going to do with taxes. There's virtually no way employers can turn on a dime and revert back to the old rates overnight. Most of them had their new tables set up in anticipation of the new rates. What choice did they have? If the rates had gone up and they collected too little because they hadn't changed the tables, the IRS would have come down on them like a sledge hammer.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
on another subject, where are my healthcare savings that were promised?

Obama said his plan would save a typical family $2,500 per year. When do I start seeing those savings?

with my Illinois income taxes going up I could use those healthcare savings about now.

anyone seen any healthcare savings yet?

lamboguy
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Obama said his plan would save a typical family $2,500 per year. When do I start seeing those savings?
where did you get that one from?

healthcare insurance reform was not created for you to save money, it's there to pick your pockets for more money.

good luck with your $2500 a year savings

DJofSD
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I heard on the radio recently the IRS does not want people to file early if they use schedule A. Even the IRS is behind the curve because of our "leaders."

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
where did you get that one from?

healthcare insurance reform was not created for you to save money, it's there to pick your pockets for more money.

good luck with your $2500 a year savings
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama08_HealthcareFAQ.pdf
Q. I like my current insurance coverage. Will I have to change plans?

A. No, you will not have to change plans. For those who have insurance now, nothing will change under the Obama plan – except that you will pay less. Obama’s plan will save a typical family up to $2,500 on premiums by bringing the health care system into the 21st century: cutting waste, improving technology, expanding coverage to all Americans, and paying for some high-cost cases.

lamboguy
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama08_HealthcareFAQ.pdf
Q. I like my current insurance coverage. Will I have to change plans?

A. No, you will not have to change plans. For those who have insurance now, nothing will change under the Obama plan – except that you will pay less. Obama’s plan will save a typical family up to $2,500 on premiums by bringing the health care system into the 21st century: cutting waste, improving technology, expanding coverage to all Americans, and paying for some high-cost cases.

i am going to help you on this one, DON'T believe everything that you read

ArlJim78
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
i am going to help you on this one, DON'T believe everything that you read
come on man give me some credit. I was being facetious. I never believed a single word the man has said from day one.

RaceBookJoe
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM

with my Illinois income taxes going up I could use those healthcare savings about now.

anyone seen any healthcare savings yet?

I just got a letter the other day saying my insurance was going up...i knew turning 45 next month would be a bad thing :) rbj

Tom
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM

No way I would ever hire me!