PDA

View Full Version : Gray Davis Out

Trijack
10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
This is the day we Californian's have been waiting for. Hasta la vista Davis, your time has come. I'm off to vote for Arnold. The Democrats slime politics will have failed.

Tom
10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
To be or not to be....
Not to be!

Never liked a governonr who could look up to snakes.
Really think Bill l Clinton was behind the scenes of his campaign, though-it has that Billly-bob smell abbout it.

My vote, if I could vote in California (to bad I am here legally or I could<G>) would go to Gary Coleman. At least the sound bytes would be funnier....Whatcho takin'bout, Willis?

so.cal.fan
10-07-2003, 06:55 PM
For the first time in my life, I felt bad about voting.
I wasn't going to go vote, but then did (because I have this "be a good citizen" thing). I actually left the polls with a bad feeling that I may have made an error. I wonder how many others felt this way?
It's sort of like knowing you should not bet, and going to the window anyway, you know whatever happens, you probably did the wrong thing.......even if you win......it could set a bad presedent.
:(

Tom
10-07-2003, 10:36 PM
If they vote to not recall Davis, I am starting a campaign to recall California's statehood! :eek:

lsbets
10-07-2003, 11:36 PM
NBC News just made their call - Gray out, Arnold in. I would hate to be a grammar school teacher trying to teach the kids to spell the new governors name.

boxcar
10-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Isbets wrote:

NBC News just made their call - Gray out, Arnold in. I would hate to be a grammar school teacher trying to teach the kids to spell the new governors name. [/QUOTE]

Not to fear! Didn't you listen to Davis' concession speech wherein he boasted about the good news that test scores have steadily been on the rise in Sunny Cal? Of course, the ex-gov forgot to mention the bad news: The only reason the scores have risen is because the test standards are at all time low!

As far as Schwarzy is concerned, I strongly suspect that this social liberal, but "fiscally conservative" moron will in time screw up the state so badly that the next proposition the good citizens of that "great" state will vote on is whether or not they should commit mass har-kari as a final means of their deliverance from the miseries they have brought upon themselves over the last couple of decades.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2003, 03:12 AM
I think I have found my 4th horseman of the apocalypse!!!

Cubs
Red Sox
Funny Cide
Arnold S.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

so.cal.fan
10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Watched all the election coverage last night on Chris Matthews coverage for MSNBC.
I am cautiously optomistic about Arnold. He may be okay.
I'm willing to give him a chance. He needs everyone's support, California is in a bad way, I sure hope he can pull us out.

Suff
10-08-2003, 12:02 PM
I was speaking with Jack Kincer. I thoiught he was Just Stubborn about using always. I told him.. The guy who will do the Job if your Looking Republican was Mclintock. I'm against the recall.. But Just the same... The Terminator? What a Joke.

They say he has a TEAM of experts to adivse him. I thought we were ruled by a Democracy. Not Tribal Councils.

boxcar
10-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Last night on FNC, some ex-Mayor of L.A. commented about the "sophistication" of the CA voters in choosing Gov-elect Groper.. I couldn't believe my ears, and had to catch myself from falling out of my chair. SOPHISTICATED voters!?

I listened often whenever Arnold spoke, and believe me...not once -- not even once did he have anything of substance to say. Everytime he opened his yap, Rhetorical Fluff in Abundance flew out.

All the voters did yesterday was demonstrate their disgust with Davis. I think it was far more an anti-Davis vote than a pro-Groper one. This is why I think the generally liberal electroate out there will be in for a rude awakening when they wake up one morning to find that they've jumped out of the fry pan right into the fire. They might even want to recall their Recall Law, which is a patently stupid idea, anyway!

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
10-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Good luck to Arnold!
He just may shock everyone, including Boxcar!
The people of Calif. may not be sophisticated Boxcar, but I think we are smarter (or most of us are) than you give us credit for.
The old extreme messages of the right wing of the Republican party and the left wing of the Democratic party are no longer being listened to. They just don't cut it anymore.
When I heard Arnold say to the effect that for the people to WIN, politics as usual must LOSE.......I felt sorry that I had not voted for him, because he may very well prove to be the best man and the voters of Calif. were smart enough to recognize it.
:)

GameTheory
10-08-2003, 02:02 PM
The governor in California actually doesn't have all that much power, partly because of the proposition system, and other laws limiting what he can do. Plus he'll still have to deal with the Democratic legislature. At least we know his ultimate goal is not to become president (unlike Davis), because he isn't eligible. Although I've been in MI a while now, I'm still officially a CA resident. Given the choices, I would have voted for Arnold if I was there...

Suff
10-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
The governor in California actually doesn't have all that much power, partly because of the proposition system, and other laws limiting what he can do.

But he has ions more power than the Gov of TX. And you see how far those legs carried him.

boxcar
10-08-2003, 06:05 PM
so.cal.fan wrote:

I felt sorry that I had not voted for him, because he may very well prove to be the best man and the voters of Calif. were smart enough to recognize it.
:)

I don't see what the voters recognized in Schwarzy, although, admittedly, I may have missed something of huge importance. But hey...even if I'm right, we all know that even blind squirrels occasionally find nuts. I wish you Left Coasters the best.

Boxcar

Tom
10-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Q-What is the best thing about Arnold?
A-He is not Gray Davis.

Look, whatever happened last night, new ground was broken.
Democracy got a workout. Whether or not the choice was the best one, it was a choice against the established political system, and some important points were verified:
1. Incompetant incumbents can be dealt with.
2. People arent' as dumb as many politicians believe - that mud slinging campagne by Grey Clinton, er, Davis, did not work.
3. People don't blindly follow the Democrates becasue they are powerrless to stand up dor themselves.
4. The so-called race cards are no longer trump and those that have made a living spreading that notion are being exposed for what they really are - the true racists.
5. The people of Californina are have passed through the stage of denial..they can now be cured, and by themselves.

Good luck to our California posters, go set some examples for the rest of us to follow.

kenwoodallpromos
10-08-2003, 09:16 PM
I am a paid petition signature gatherer in Ca, for 10 years. Voters change things when they get mad enough. Voters were mad at the worse of the CAREER Politicians. Davis was a follower, not a leader on many issues. Alll the career politicians are against the voters and citizen-politicians taking control regardless of the issue. I mostly vote 3rd party. The career politcians in the race all wnated to grab personal power and do theings by executive order. Arnold said he would discuss, audit, and negotiate with all.

kenwoodallpromos
10-08-2003, 09:19 PM
a lot of good people I helped vote in from both parties 20 to 30 years ago are now career and are now worthless bribe-takers! I vote against incumbents and lawyers!

Trijack
10-08-2003, 09:38 PM
I guess one has to live in this state to understand why Davis was recalled.

You Left Wing people from the East Coast get over it. Davis is out. Yes Suff tried his best to talk me out of voting for Arnold. Even a good guy like Suff can be wrong about some things but he sure is not right about the recall.

I like Suff as a person but we do not agree on politics. Also I have a good friend here in California who is a Liberal but that does not stop us from being friends.

As far as Arnold doing a good job, I don't see how he could be any worse than Davis.

Leaving for a vacation in Alabama and Kentucky tomorrow. Going to spend 3 days in Lexington next week. Purplepower told me about some horse farms to visit and that is what I will be doing.

Taking my laptop with me so I can check in to this board.

Jack Kincer

GameTheory
10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Davis HAD to go. He was the absolute worst. (Have you ever read any quotes from his wife? Sounds like she doesn't even like him.) In order to get rid of him, you had to vote for someone else. I don't think many people are saying Arnold is god's gift to government, but he is the best of the leading contenders. Cruz would have been just as bad as Davis, so that leaves Arnold. He will be better than Davis. My dog would be better than Davis.

formula_2002
10-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Trijack

From one All-Ways guy to another,Arnold S. is miss-cast as a republican.. After hearing him at the victory press conference, I'll not be surprised when he becomes a democrat.

The last guy he winds up in bed with is George (Thorny) Bush...

Joe M

Trijack
10-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Joe M

Could be but at least right now looks like he is not beholden to any special interest groups and that is what I liked most about him. That is what got Davis in trouble, trying to please all those special interest groups he got money from.

Lefty
10-09-2003, 12:37 PM
As I see it, the voters of CA had the chance to vote for brains and vision(McCintock but chose to vote for celebrity and Charisma(Arnold)
They didn't get it right, again.

boxcar
10-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Lefty wrote:

As I see it, the voters of CA had the chance to vote for brains and vision(McCintock but chose to vote for celebrity and Charisma(Arnold)
They didn't get it right, again.

Yeah, you have that right, Lefty. The only thing I would add to "celebrity" and "Charisma" is Fluff!

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
10-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Boxcar,

>>The only thing I would add to "celebrity" and "Charisma" is Fluff!<<

To their credit, they didn't vote for her (the fluff girl) either. <G>

Dave

DJofSD
10-09-2003, 09:04 PM
On the contrary. the governor of California has more power than just about every other governor and has more power than the President.

One atta boy for the first one that knows what it is.

DJofSD