PDA

View Full Version : GP Morning Line

SouthFlorida
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know who makes the morning line?
They have been way off !!!!

jelly
01-13-2011, 12:02 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Stillriledup
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Ya know, i got a complaint.

Ok, a little backround. I don't know racing all that well, certainly don't know Gulfstream all that well, looked at the 5th race for like 30 seconds and sniffed out that a horse named Safe Trip was an amazing 6-1 shot. So, what do i go and do? Yep, you guessed it, i start salivating.

Needless to say the public gets it right, he goes off 8-5 and ran his eyeballs out, only to be beaten by the horse with the ground saving trip by a nose (yes, he was the best horse in the race, he will get the best 'sheet' number when all is said and done). He didnt win, but was the right horse and this ML guy, who is spposed to know a thing or two about racing and a thing or two about gulfstream racing in particular, got it badly wrong.

I don't need to be teased like that. I'm not a stallion who needs a 'teaser' mare to get excited, if i see 6-1 i want 6-1 dammit. (or something close).

Cmon man.

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Ya know, i got a complaint.

Ok, a little backround. I don't know racing all that well, certainly don't know Gulfstream all that well, looked at the 5th race for like 30 seconds and sniffed out that a horse named Safe Trip was an amazing 6-1 shot. So, what do i go and do? Yep, you guessed it, i start salivating.

Needless to say the public gets it right, he goes off 8-5 and ran his eyeballs out, only to be beaten by the horse with the ground saving trip by a nose (yes, he was the best horse in the race, he will get the best 'sheet' number when all is said and done). He didnt win, but was the right horse and this ML guy, who is spposed to know a thing or two about racing and a thing or two about gulfstream racing in particular, got it badly wrong.

I don't need to be teased like that. I'm not a stallion who needs a 'teaser' mare to get excited, if i see 6-1 i want 6-1 dammit. (or something close).

Cmon man.

You thought Safe Trip ran his eyeballs out? He hung like a cheap suit. How about the pace setter, who set a fast pace and dug in again late to get back up? As a side note, the winner is a 9 year old, who has been running his race year after year since 2004, cool horse.

There was no way you were ever going to get 6-1 on Safe Trip in there. Morning Lines at most tracks are awful. If the ML is so important to people, I would suggest making your own and then judging it on what actual odds are. I think it's a much better practice than taking someone's word who could be just mailing it in.

horses4courses
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Ok, a little backround. I don't know racing all that well

Wow.....tough crowd around here.
A guy sets the scene, showing humility, and still gets his nosed rubbed in it.

Good advice, though, about making your own line.
Tracks with weak morning lines are a bonus for those who make better ones.

jelly
01-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Joey P. my kind of horse.

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow.....tough crowd around here.
A guy sets the scene, showing humility, and still gets his nosed rubbed in it.

Good advice, though, about making your own line.
Tracks with weak morning lines are a bonus for those who make better ones.

I give up. I rubbed his nose in it?

He's in nearly every thread here. He's discussed racing with this name and his other for years. I agree with him that he doesn't know racing well though.

When did we as horseplayers become such wimps?

horses4courses
01-14-2011, 09:33 PM
I give up. I rubbed his nose in it?

He's in nearly every thread here. He's discussed racing with this name and his other for years. I agree with him that he doesn't know racing well though.

When did we as horseplayers become such wimps?

Are you the same Dahoss that posts picks on Whobet?

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Are you the same Dahoss that posts picks on Whobet?

No

thaskalos
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
NoAre you related to Paceadvantage member Dahoss2002?

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Are you related to Paceadvantage member Dahoss2002?

No

Did anyone happen to see this race and want to comment on it?

thaskalos
01-14-2011, 10:38 PM
IMO...at almost every track in the country, the morning lines are laughable.

I question the mental state of any serious player who considers the morning line in his handicapping.

Spiderman
01-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Did anyone happen to see this race and want to comment on it?

Joey P, started his career with several wins-in-a-row at MTH. Always been an honest horse, giving his best. Today, he went to the lead, through moderate fractions. I had expected him to stalk with 3-4 others battling. Splits were moderate and Safe Trip circled wide (not a good move at GP on dirt) and went head-to-head with Joey P.; Joey drew away and proved much the best.

cj
01-14-2011, 10:46 PM
IMO...at almost every track in the country, the morning lines are laughable.

I question the mental state of any serious player who considers the morning line in his handicapping.

I agree, it is a waste of time. Those that read the ML have already put more time in than most morning line makers do when constructing them.

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Joey P, started his career with several wins-in-a-row at MTH. Always been an honest horse, giving his best. Today, he went to the lead, through moderate fractions. I had expected him to stalk with 3-4 others battling. Splits were moderate and Safe Trip circled wide (not a good move at GP on dirt) and went head-to-head with Joey P.; Joey drew away and proved much the best.

I figured he was going to be stalking also. I was shocked to see him on the lead. I'm not sure if I would agree the splits were moderate or if being wide was a disadvantage today...or if Joey P proved much the best (he won by a head).

But he did run a nice race and it's nice to see a 9 year old still battling and running well.