PDA

View Full Version : AQU- Wednesday 1/11/2011

MitchS
01-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Been a busy day tweaking the sheet! The odds line is the biggest thing I've been working on as of late. Fortunately a wonderfully kind gentleman on the PA board helped me get a handle on this odds line. Building a really accurate odds line is not my strong suit, but I'm getting a handle on it now thanks to some nice people helping me out! This line now is a REALLY good line that's only going to get better as I tweak it. You'll actually have some control over the odds line yourself. I've been working on and tweaking it all day!

Here's what to look for-

1. The V-L column is blank for the time being.
2. I've found that with all of my tweaking that it’s best to have numbers populating the SR-L9 column because the odds line works off of that column. When there was a "0" in the SR-L9 it meant that the horse was either a first time starter, hasn't raced within 1/2 furlongs of today’s distance and or has never raced on this surface. If you see a different color, a light tan on a fig in the SR-L9 column and or a higher number at the bottom, it means that I took either the SR-L or the SR-9A figure to populate that column.
3. The Excel sheet is interactive now. If you scratch a horse, the color coding will change with the top 2 highest figs and also the odds line will change to reflect a more accurate line with scratched horses.
4. Also on the Excel sheet, if you scroll to the right you'll see another 5 columns that are used for the odds line population. I've adjusted the line of what I feel is best for the particular race in question, but you'll have control over the number of contenders/starters in the race to change the line yourself. To the right of the name "FS" you'll see a number that relates to how many contenders/starters that you'll want your line to reflect. If you put in a very small number the odds line will go down. If you put in a large number the odds line will go up. I've adjusted each race of what I feel is representative of this particular race but you have control over these settings to adjust it as you please. You can change the number to the right of the “FS” to adjust this odds line setting. Just don't change or touch anything else over in that section!

AQU is ready for download at the site. If you have any questions just let me know. Most importantly have a fun day at the track :)

M

JustRalph
01-12-2011, 12:21 AM
I don't want to tell him

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Errrrks...lemme edit that.
I won't tell either.

MMM59
01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Snow Day, No school.

MitchS
01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Oh boy :D ....I've been so busy all day working on the new odds line that when I finally decided to put up a track, I wasn't even thinking straight!.... Ok...I'll put up another one. Maybe first thing in the AM, I'm beat! :bang:

Any requests?

PoloUK6108
01-12-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't want to tell him
:D :D :D :D

MitchS
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Decided to put up GP for today. Guess I'll start a new thread!