PDA

View Full Version : No Aqu Wednesday

misscashalot
01-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Due to expected snowfall and winds, Aqueduct Racetrack will not have live racing on Wednesday, January 12. NYRA

classhandicapper
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Rats. I'm really in the mood to play to some horses. At least I have the NBA at night. :lol:

stu
01-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Due to expected snowfall and winds, Aqueduct Racetrack will not have live racing on Wednesday, January 12. NYRA

Kudos to NYRA! This is very horsemen friendly with a foot of snow projected. It prevents the likely unnecessary expense of shipping only to arrive for cancellation. This is very horseplayer friendly by preventing the investment in PPs and time handicapping a card that wouldn't have likely taken place.

It is a tough decision for racetrack managers to make this call in advance. With the projection of 1 to 2 inches Laurel plans on running tomorrow.

I don't know where the dotted line should be for a pre-emptive cancellation. Whose forecast do you use? Accuweather has Laurel getting 1.7 inches. Weather.com has Laurel getting 1 to 2 inches. Local TV says 1-3 inches.

On the other hand, with the 10-15 inches forecast for NYC, NYRA is completely justified in cancelling the card in advance.

lamboguy
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
no PARX either. i hope they bring tomorrow's parx card back for monday

Zman179
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm surprised, I was expecting Philadelphia to cancel at 11:30.

BlueShoe
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
With Philly and NY gone, the only thing on the early TVG menu is Tampa. That means lots and lots of boring chatter in between those long gaps. :sleeping:

trying2win
01-13-2011, 04:17 AM
To handicappers in the New Yawk City area....What's your morning line odds that they will conduct racing at Aqueduct on Thurs. Jan. 13/11?

I'd hate to waste a bunch of time and money, printing a past performance program for someone ahead of time, studying the program, marking it, and then find out later on that the Aqueduct races have been cancelled again for this Thursday. At least for yesterday, the AQ people let us know well ahead of time for cancelling their card.

After studying the NY City weather forecast for Thursday, I'll list my morning line as 4-1 that their card for today will run.

Thanks,

T2W

Zman179
01-13-2011, 06:48 AM
They'll run. It's cold and windy with some blowing snow, though nothing that could force a cancellation.