PDA

View Full Version : A Step in the Right Direction

Pell Mell
01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
http://www.goldengatefields.com/horsemen/cb/condition-book-1

Check S1 &2

Pell Mell
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't get it. 145 views and not one comment.

Everyone complains about the super trainers winning everything in sight and the high percentage of favorites winning, yet no comment about a racing sec getting creative with some novel conditions that might have an effect on the problem.

If I posted something about a magic number there would be 100 comments.

No numbers, no interest :lol:

GameTheory
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Maybe it was 145 people that didn't know what you were referring to. I was one of 'em. Still don't quite know. Spell it out and have a discussion if you want to discuss it...

cj
01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
The book is for the whole meet. How were we supposed to know what day you meant? I did look.

Pell Mell
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
The book is for the whole meet. How were we supposed to know what day you meant? I did look.

Sorry, my mistake:blush:

look at Dec. 26, sub race #1 and sub race #2

I don't know how many he's written like this but i saw a couple about a week ago.

iwearpurple
01-11-2011, 11:36 PM
i don't get it either.

These are substitute races that never went.

judd
01-12-2011, 05:44 AM
now 327 views :lol:

Stillriledup
01-12-2011, 06:05 AM
i don't get it either.

These are substitute races that never went.

The conditions basically say that they won't accept these big droppers. You can't claim one for 15 and run him for 8 in his next start.

Supertrainers have the ability to drop horses because they know honest trainers won't claim one off of them.

Robert Goren
01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Have they actually run a race like this? Super Trainers exist because they can enter and run their horses a lot. As a better, I do not much care for them, but I think the trainer who has horses on the grounds but seldom enters and/or runs them is a bigger problem. But that's just me.

rastajenk
01-12-2011, 06:23 AM
The conditions basically say that they won't accept these big droppers. You can't claim one for 15 and run him for 8 in his next start.

Supertrainers have the ability to drop horses because they know honest trainers won't claim one off of them.What about the dishonest ones? There's supposed to be a lot of those out there.

Pell Mell
01-12-2011, 06:33 AM

Supertrainers have the ability to drop horses because they know honest trainers won't claim one off of them.

This is basically what I'm trying to point out. I thought that on this board most would get the drift in a flash.

By restricting those trainers that bring horses from SC and drop them from 20 grand down to 4 grand it might give a little more of a chance to the likes of Ellen Jackson and Barrington Harvey. There have been some of these races that have been run already.

I would guess that the leading trainers would bitch and moan about this and maybe put pressure on the sec.

Another bad move that was made some time ago was the doing away with the jailhouse rule. I haven't checked to see which jurisdictions still have it and which don't but I think it was a good rule that was put in place a long time ago to protect trainers, especially the little guys.

Are those trainers that drop horses out of the sky really good trainers or are they, because of bookkeeping, taxes and such, able to afford to drop much superior horses into the cheaper races?

Most races at GG there are a couple of these dive bombers in there. It ends up with a 6 horse field with a couple that you just can't bet against.

This goes on at most tracks to some degree, especially in places like PEN, CT, MTN, FL, FE, etc.
This is just my opinion but I guess there are some that like these chalky races all the time.

therussmeister
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
But if the racing secretary is making these substitute races, and they run six horse fields without using these substitute races, that must mean trainers don't enter races with these types of conditions.

Pell Mell
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
But if the racing secretary is making these substitute races, and they run six horse fields without using these substitute races, that must mean trainers don't enter races with these types of conditions.

Good point. I did see a couple of these races run recently and I believe there were 8-9 horses entered. I would have to go and check a couple weeks back to say for sure.

Maybe if they had more of these races some little guys might ship in from TUP or somewhere.

Anyway, it's something to think about because if nobody does anything it's all going down the tubes.

Kevroc
01-13-2011, 02:56 AM
You wanna see creative?

Calder does some fun things like the gray horse races and such.

Maybe soon we'll see..

about five and one half furlongs, Turf, Claiming $3,000 for grey or roan fillies and mares 4yo & up which have Fappiano on the dam side, non-winners of two races lifetime, no front bandages last start +2 lbs, no aluminum pad last start +4 lbs

therussmeister
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Or maybe we'll see in NoCal.

For horses that haven't been ridden by Russell Baze in their last five starts. Horses not ridden by Russell Baze today allowed 5 lbs.