PDA

View Full Version : Are handicappers being drugged at Aqueduct?

Tuffmug
01-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Betting favorites winning at an astronomical 47% at Aqueduct. Suspect that NYRA is using mind enhancing drugs on the patrons to artificially improve their betting acumen.:lol: :D :confused:. Or did ALL the really bad bettors and the dumb money disappear when they closed NYOTB??. Or have betting barns or gambling teams taken over and are just hammering the hell out of the pools????

Something's very ODD in the Big Apple. Not playing there anymore and I suggest you do the same.

Pell Mell
01-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Betting favorites winning at an astronomical 47% at Aqueduct. Suspect that NYRA is using mind enhancing drugs on the patrons to artificially improve their betting acumen.:lol: :D :confused:. Or did ALL the really bad bettors and the dumb money disappear when they closed NYOTB??. Or have betting barns or gambling teams taken over and are just hammering the hell out of the pools????

Something's very ODD in the Big Apple. Not playing there anymore and I suggest you do the same.

It's even worse at LRL, favs at 58% and 85% in the money. I was thinking of starting a thread about his when I checked the stats at most of the tracks running.

Favs winning at 39% average at all tracks. No wonder it's tough to get an ex over $30. :bang:

pandy
01-10-2011, 07:31 AM
I've been doing great at Aqueduct and yesterday my two Best Bets paid $8.60 and $13.60 and I had the cold $70 Late Double. The horses are running to form, this is not a conspiracy. In my opinion the inner track cards are better this year than they've been in years. The inner track is one of my favorite meets.

Charlie D
01-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I've been doing great at Aqueduct and yesterday my two Best Bets paid $8.60 and $13.60 and I had the cold $70 Late Double. The horses are running to form, this is not a conspiracy. In my opinion the inner track cards are better this year than they've been in years. The inner track is one of my favorite meets.

Nice redboard Pandy:) But on a serious note, your post does show imho there are some Good Investments (Pizzola) to be found evn with a 47% Fav s/r.

What is a GOOD INVESTMENT??

Any horse whose probability of winning is higher than the market suggests. These can be 1-2, Evens, 3-2 shots or 6-1. 10-1, 20-1 shots.

pandy
01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I agree, although I love longshots, you don't need 15-1 to get value. Yesterday Dahlgren Chapel 2nd off layoff with dominant back figures for a top barn paid $8.60.

With smaller fields and the racing industry in a downward spiral, this is the new paradigm, more winning favorites. So you have to adjust. The chaos type meets, like most Saratoga meets, may be good for Pick 6 bettors with deep pockets, but the exacta or pick 3 bettor has a better chance this time of year.

The Bit
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Laurel % makes sense with the short fields and less than stellar stock. 3/4 of the races have a standout.

Charlie D
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Laurel % makes sense with the short fields and less than stellar stock. 3/4 of the races have a standout.

The term stand out, jumping up at you from the page normally equates to a Good investment opportunity in horse racing.

Pell Mell
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM

I see plenty of races there with 3-4 legit contenders but, like some other places, the money always seems to go on the right one....and, I've NEVER, in 60yrs, bet a horse that was odds on.:ThmbDown:

Robert Fischer
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
it's good forhttp://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/zakharchenko/zakharchenko0705/zakharchenko070500051/923327-money-laundering-in-washing-machine.jpg.

TurfRuler
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I see plenty of races there with 3-4 legit contenders but, like some other places, the money always seems to go on the right one....and, I've NEVER, in 60yrs, bet a horse that was odds on.:ThmbDown:

Doesn't the about bold section mean "Pell Mell"

Charlie D
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Horse is priced 4-5, my line says it's a 1-5

Should i pass over this good investment in your opinion or release the elastic band and hit the window just like i would if a horse was priced 4-1 and evens on my line.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Horse is priced 4-5, my line says it's a 1-5

Should i pass over this good investment in your opinion or release the elastic band and hit the window just like i would if a horse was priced 4-1 and evens on my line.

bet him and then collect the 2-5 he will actually pay after late money.

Then tell yourself your 1-5 was so accurate that the 2-5 was a good price.

David-LV
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
There has never been a chalk player that was a consistent winner without getting at least a 10% rebate, and you can quote me.

I have been around this game for over 50 years and I believe that I know what I am talking about.

________
David-LV

lamboguy
01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
if you have a race that has 3 horses in it that are in the price range of 2-1 to 3-1 it is about an 80% chance that one of those 3 is going to win the race. when someone can come in and have their choice of those 3 after the race starts, that or those people will make the winner the favorite more often than not. i am shocked that the percentages that you are quoting are not higher.

The Bit
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
The term stand out, jumping up at you from the page normally equates to a Good investment opportunity in horse racing.

The definition of stand out as I used it is a horse that is leaps and bounds the best and is most likely 3/5 :)

The Bit
01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
And BTW ... I'm not claiming these standouts aren't good investments nor am I saying some overlays don't slip by. What I am saying is that I'm not a bit shocked to see the % of winning favorites so high at Laurel because so many of the races have a "standout", however you would define it.

mabred
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
the hosts on talking horses pick a lot of winners
and the ones they mention are bet pretty strong by the public
when they are hot prices are lower on their selections.Andy Serling
is the man in NY

mabred

pandy
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
There has never been a chalk player that was a consistent winner without getting at least a 10% rebate, and you can quote me.

I have been around this game for over 50 years and I believe that I know what I am talking about.

________
David-LV

You must have missed the profitable posts by Enigma on this site, he bets chalk and wins over 10% BEFORE rebate. Never say never. Bottom line is, to show a profit betting horses, whether you bet chalk or whatever, you have to be an outstanding handicapper and that guy is.

GatetoWire
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
It's even worse at LRL, favs at 58% and 85% in the money. I was thinking of starting a thread about his when I checked the stats at most of the tracks running.

Favs winning at 39% average at all tracks. No wonder it's tough to get an ex over $30. :bang:

With the way the racing is at Laurel and Aqu you just need to be patient.

The Laurel card on Saturday was a horrible chalkfest but there were still some opportunities to make money.

Say Now in the :4: th looked to be on the improve and looked fantastic on the track. He won and paid $9.40.

Between Aqu, CT, Parx, Penn Nat, Laurel, TB, Gulfstream and the Fair Grounds there is way too much racing for the East and the Southeast.

As a result you just need to be patient...wait for the overlay and pounce.