PDA

View Full Version : Julien Couton

gm10
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Can't believe he's getting away with his front-running rides the last weeks. How can the other jockey's (especially Baze) not see this?

dansan
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
maybe he's getting so far in front that nobody can see him as for baze maybe his eye sight isnt as good as it used to be :lol:

gm10
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
maybe he's getting so far in front that nobody can see him as for baze maybe his eye sight isnt as good as it used to be :lol:

It's funny but also amazing. Baze is usually very astute at spotting riders who are getting a too easy ride in general.

Greyfox
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Couton can ride from behind as well.
I played him on a Leonard Powell horse in So Cal two years back.
No one knew him.
An unknown jock among the colony of respected riders gets ignored by the general betting public. The odds rise.
I found out that he was a respected rider in France before the race.
Among the top 15 or so.
The horse was definitely a player, but a deep closer.
I made a good sized bet at huge odds.
Couton circled and roasted the field with his mount.
Couton does not need to be on the front. He is a good jock.

big frank
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Couton can ride from behind as well.
I played him on a Leonard Powell horse in So Cal two years back.
No one knew him.
An unknown jock among the colony of respected riders gets ignored by the general betting public. The odds rise.
I found out that he was a respected rider in France before the race.
Among the top 15 or so.
The horse was definitely a player, but a deep closer.
I made a good sized bet at huge odds.
Couton circled and roasted the field with his mount.
Couton does not need to be on the front. He is a good jock. I agree , Couton is a very good rider. I feel No Calf has some solid riders. I like Hector Romero, Les Mawing , and Alvarado, Duran , and Beato are solid riders. The northern california jockeys are far better then people think !

TurfRuler
01-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I agree , Couton is a very good rider. I feel No Calf has some solid riders. I like Hector Romero, Les Mawing , and Alvarado, Duran , and Beato are solid riders. The northern california jockeys are far better then people think !

Where do the good rider's come from....and where does the bad riders go.......
McCarron on my first impression was that I disliked him even though he was winner at a high percentage from the start, I dispise Martin Pedroza, but he has become a pretty good journey man, and I still don't like the big head personality on ESPN and in my life I've been beaten in big races by these top jocks because of some personal dislike that doesn't have anything to do with selecting the ability of the horse to win a race.

TurfRuler
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Where do the good rider's come from....and where does the bad riders go.......
McCarron on my first impression was that I disliked him even though he was winner at a high percentage from the start, I dispise Martin Pedroza, but he has become a pretty good journey man, and I still don't like the big head personality on ESPN and in my life I've been beaten in big races by these top jocks because of some personal dislike that doesn't have anything to do with selecting the ability of the horse to win a race.

I do like Deshawn L. Parker, but until now I didn't know where he was riding, where is he going next and who will allow him to show his stuff.

JohnGalt1
01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I like Goldeng Gate.
The only synthetic I like is Tapeta.
I don't like the higher CHRB takeouts, so haven't played this year.

I am patiently waiting..........................