PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Pacheco

turfbar
01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I have been watching Gulfstream since weds. with new hostess/analyst

Jessica P., to the producer your wasting her by sitting at a table,face view only,

with Ron. Get her up in the paddock standing,full view w/closeups/, with her

interacting with Ron off camera .She has a lot to offer visually .Don't waste her

talent or Frank's money.

garyscpa
01-09-2011, 11:28 AM
And the lighting is terrible, too.

toussaud
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
well that's how they keep you coming back, in the hopes that you might see something

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
I've always liked Jessica. Aside from the standpoint of good looks and all that, I think she offers up decent analysis with a professional delivery. I've even spoke with Jessica a few times and she was engaging and polite...very refreshing to not get the "stay away from me you racetrack scum", cold shoulder stuff. The gal she replaced when she did the paddock show at FG was terrible (Pam Fitzgerald was her name). Poor Pam couldn't get a complete sentence out without a stammer or an "uhhhhh" or a pregnant pause. Jessica's polish was a welcome change at FG imo.
Katie Mikolay now does the paddock show at FG and co hosts the in house broadcast with Dooley and she does a good job as well.

NTamm1215
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I've always liked Jessica. Aside from the standpoint of good looks and all that, I think she offers up decent analysis with a professional delivery. I've even spoke with Jessica a few times and she was engaging and polite...very refreshing to not get the "stay away from me you racetrack scum", cold shoulder stuff. The gal she replaced when she did the paddock show at FG was terrible (Pam Fitzgerald was her name). Poor Pam couldn't get a complete sentence out without a stammer or an "uhhhhh" or a pregnant pause. Jessica's polish was a welcome change at FG imo.
Katie Mikolay now does the paddock show at FG and co hosts the in house broadcast with Dooley and she does a good job as well.

If that's the same Pam Fitzgerald that's now Al Stall's La based assistant then she has found her niche. She's a very nice person and a terrific horse woman.

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
If that's the same Pam Fitzgerald that's now Al Stall's La based assistant then she has found her niche. She's a very nice person and a terrific horse woman.
Agreed. I gathered she was more horse person than announcer person just based on her physique. We all know what kind of muscle build those riders have, and she was solid...obviuosly works or rides in some capacity.
She is a very kind woman and I am sure she does great work for Stall.

Bing-Bang-BOOOOOOM
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Don't waste... Frank's money.

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

C'mon, it's Magna.

Churchill to Magna - always the career move of champions.

Bing-Bang-BOOOOOOM
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Agreed. I gathered she was more horse person than announcer person just based on her physique.

And how do you assess Jessica :10: Pacheco just based on her physique?

David-LV
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Jessica and Jay Privman did a a very informative and excellent seminar at The Orleans in Las Vegas A couple of years ago.

Good people and great spokesmen for horse racing.

_________
David-LV

illinoisbred
01-13-2011, 07:29 AM
She is the same. In fact,I believe she worked for Stall back in the years she did the pre-race analysis.

rastajenk
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
A couple years ago ESPN used Jessica once; a good move, and one that should be employed again. I like Jeanine Edwards, but nothing says you have to have only one chickolini on the team. She could replace stammerin' Hank, and ESPN would be "gaining ground" in a big way.

teddy
01-13-2011, 07:55 AM
THEY NEED TO TAKE SOME CUES FROM MICHELLES HANDICAPSULE OUTFITS... THE BEULAH TWINS STARTED ALL THIS BEFORE THEY OVERATE.

JimG
01-13-2011, 08:02 AM
A couple years ago ESPN used Jessica once; a good move, and one that should be employed again.

After Jessica selected a longshot winner Desert Code while Kenny and Hank were on the usual chalk, she was not used for the next 3 races nor was her winning longshot pick ever acknowleged after the fact by the "boys club".

Jim

toussaud
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
After Jessica selected a longshot winner Desert Code while Kenny and Hank were on the usual chalk, she was not used for the next 3 races nor was her winning longshot pick ever acknowleged after the fact by the "boys club".

Jim I remember she liked carriage trail as well that year over Z which i thought was extremely sound handicapping. while cute, she's actually not half bad. I think people hold her looks against her.

Now the one at fair grounds now... bless her heart

mountainman
01-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Jim

Does she acknowledge their winners? The apparent slight on the guy's part could be a tit-for-tat (boy did THAT come out wrong) rather than a gender thing.

toussaud
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Does she acknowledge their winners? The apparent slight on the guy's part could be a tit-for-tat (boy did THAT come out wrong) rather than a gender thing.
yes she does

i watch the track feeds instead of watching hrtv/tvg more times than not. the guy she works with, dont know his name, he was white hot the first day of hte meet, and she did nothing but give him praise all day long. he hit like he first 4 or 5 in a row on the card. Instead like some, who make excuses and call races fake races when their pick doesn't win, she simply acknowledged that the guy was handicapping his butt off and tipped her hat.

Linny
01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
On a national broadcast there is often no time for such things as an analyst might get a segment early in the show then not be on again for quite a while. I'm not sure if all the BC handicapping is live or if some is taped on the network broadcast. If it's taped then analysts might not be able to acknowledge one anothers' successes.

lamboguy
01-13-2011, 04:12 PM
i have nothing against jessica or any other racing analyst in the business. you are not going to win one penny listening to any of them except for nancy and mark on the mountaineer feed. you are better off spending your time reading your racing forms and pace figures and whatever algorythm you run than to spend time listening to these people. nancy and mark have much more insight into track bias, and double jockey calls, trainer intent. they have so much experience at one track that second place to them is not even close. for discloser they are my friends, but if they were no good i would say so too!

JimG
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

They did not pick a winner to my knowledge that day so she did not get a chance to. This was Breeders Cup '08 on Friday and she was sitting at a table with the 2 guys doing analysis. On Saturday they moved her to the paddock and she was off the telecast after that. It was a $70+ winner she tabbed so I thought it deserved a little recognition.

Jim

BTW...When I used to play MNR I really enjoyed listening to you and Nancy. Your local knowledge of the circuit is helpful to simulcast players.

toetoe
01-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Sir, I'm proud of you for nipping that in the bud. No more cracks, and please cleave to the straight and narrow.

Stillriledup
01-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I get excited when she says, "Looooooooong layoff"

Don't know why. :rolleyes:

toussaud
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Millie Ball and Jessica P on HRTV at the same time just made my day :kiss:

bigmack
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/jp.png

sG9lhh66KmM

Somebody get me a tambourine.

Grits
01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Thank goodness for the mute button.:rolleyes:

ManeMediaMogul
01-27-2011, 05:18 AM
On a national broadcast there is often no time for such things as an analyst might get a segment early in the show then not be on again for quite a while. I'm not sure if all the BC handicapping is live or if some is taped on the network broadcast. If it's taped then analysts might not be able to acknowledge one anothers' successes.

Please. Hank hasn't picked a winner since Eddie Arcaro was a bugboy. He adds zilch to the broadcast and certainly wouldn't give Jessica an "attaboy" if she came up with a fuzzy.

fmolf
01-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Please. Hank hasn't picked a winner since Eddie Arcaro was a bugboy. He adds zilch to the broadcast and certainly wouldn't give Jessica an "attaboy" if she came up with a fuzzy.
And he does not even know howto manage his bankroll!mostly betting exacta boxes!

turfbar
01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Obviously the producer of the gulfstream show doesn't read here. Last time I watched she was on a bench w/Ron and Mike Welch ,just horribly cramped.

I have seen Fair Grounds and they give that Katy Mikoli freedom of her own pix

and just her on screen. If the producer doesn't read here,what about JP's agent?

P.S. her and Ron's chemistry is lousy too

Hoofless_Wonder
01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Jessica just touted a 14-1 shot at GP (Ba Ba's Bunch) which won handily, beating my selection of the two horse. I usually have the sound turned down, but when she started analyzing the 4th race I could tell she was pumped about this one. Looked close, didn't bet it. D'oh!

Stillriledup
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Obviously the producer of the gulfstream show doesn't read here. Last time I watched she was on a bench w/Ron and Mike Welch ,just horribly cramped.

I have seen Fair Grounds and they give that Katy Mikoli freedom of her own pix

and just her on screen. If the producer doesn't read here,what about JP's agent?

P.S. her and Ron's chemistry is lousy too

Time to say bye bye to Ron.