PDA

View Full Version : Loughner "left wing, quite liberal" per classmate

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 11:19 PM
OK Palin haters, back to your rooms...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09shooter.html?_r=1&hp

“As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

“He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in ’07, asked her a question & he told me she was ‘stupid & unintelligent,’ ” she wrote.

Rookies
01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
OK Palin haters, back to your rooms...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09shooter.html?_r=1&hp

“As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

“He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in ’07, asked her a question & he told me she was ‘stupid & unintelligent,’ ” she wrote.

Again, remains to be seen one way or the other.

However, Gifford's comments were most prescient:

“We’re on Sarah Palin’s targeted list,” Ms. Giffords said (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs75zKxJxVY) last March. “But the thing is the way that she has it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that.”

And Palin, finally tonight, realizing the error of her extreme folly, has removed it.

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 11:34 PM
rookies: "Again, remains to be seen one way or the other."

=======================

nope, you're wrong. The quote is from someone who knew the shooter. "Left wing". "Liberal". A person who is (a) a nut, (b) met her and thought she (Giffords) was dumb.

Now, show me a quote on his websites that reference Palin's comments or posters (on her website or quotes from Sarah). I've posted quotes from the shooter's classmates...Your turn

HUSKER55
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
SARAH PALIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT WHACK JOB.

uSING YOUR CRITERIA IF THERE WERE NO DEMOCRATS THERE WOULD BE NO ASSINATIONS.

FACE IT, THERE ARE WHACKOS OUT THERE AND BEING SENSIBLE IS NOT ON THEIR AGENDA.

DOES NOT MATTER WHICH SIDED OF THE AISLE YOU ARE ON.

Rookies
01-08-2011, 11:46 PM
rookies: "Again, remains to be seen one way or the other."

=======================

nope, you're wrong. The quote is from someone who knew the shooter. "Left wing". "Liberal". A person who is (a) a nut, (b) met her and thought she (Giffords) was dumb.

Now, show me a quote on his websites that reference Palin's comments or posters (on her website or quotes from Sarah). I've posted quotes from the shooter's classmates...Your turn

I've said twice here. I don't know about this lunatic. But, we all find out soon.

I've told you what GIFFORD thought about Palin's stupid, ill thought out poster, which can be construed by nutters as a "sign" for violence.

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
I've said twice here. I don't know about this lunatic. But, we all find out soon.

I've told you what GIFFORD thought about Palin's stupid, ill thought out poster, which can be construed by nutters as a "sign" for violence.

The congresswoman was shot by someone who has opposing views from Palin. Palin had NOTHING to do with this. Doesn't matter what Giffords said or wrote of Palin. The shooter had his own agenda, his own problems.

highnote
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't think Palin is responsible for someone shooting Gifford.

However, given the use of cross-hair symbols on the poster, I would say Palin is guilty of poor judgement.

A yellow-dot or some other innocuos symbol would have been more appropriate.

If Pepsi used sniper rifle cross-hairs on their promotions to point out locations where they want to "take out" Coca-Cola, I think that would be very poor judgement, also.

To me, it's crass and vulgar.

JustRalph
01-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Oh my God!!! Somebody used "Targeted Races"

http://www.dccc.org/page/content/races

http://www.dccc.org/page/-/images/mainsite/2008_races_map_lg.jpg

Tom
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Maybe he was listening to hip hop music.

Get real people.

lsbets
01-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Again, remains to be seen one way or the other.

However, Gifford's comments were most prescient:

“We’re on Sarah Palin’s targeted list,” Ms. Giffords said (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs75zKxJxVY) last March. “But the thing is the way that she has it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that.”

And Palin, finally tonight, realizing the error of her extreme folly, has removed it.

Your Palin obsession does not speak well of you. I always thought you were brighter, guess not.

delayjf
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Is there a shread of evidense that he even SAW the now infamous crosshair ad? I'm guessing not a lot of liberals visit her website - I'm a Republican and I never did.

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I've never seen that poster either...go figure...

ElKabong
01-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I'd never even heard of the poster on Sarah's site until last night.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 12:20 PM

I think what you really mean is that YOU "don't [want to] know" the truth about this guy. We already have two fairly solid bits of evidence -- an eyewitness who knew him and the "great" political reading material the police found. I think it's fairly safe to conclude from what we do know, thus far, this guy was not a Tea Party member, not a conservative, not a registered member of the Republican party -- probably all much to your chagrin, as well as to the LameStream Media's. He was also very much anti-religion, so this could also help to explain his attraction to Marx or curiosity for his material.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
we've seen this hundreds of times now. the left cannot win any arguments based on facts, their ideology does not hold up to the facts of world history. so they must slander, smear, etc. all who oppose them must be shut up or discredited, opponents are labeled hatemongers, bigots, racists, perpetrators of violence etc. that's why it matters not a whit that yesterdays killer has zero connection to Palin, Fox, Beck, conservatism. It represents a chance for them to wet their pants and and bleat on about about Palin. any violent human tragedy is viewed as an opportunity to deflect attention away from their own failures.

NJ Stinks
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
we've seen this hundreds of times now. the left cannot win any arguments based on facts, their ideology does not hold up to the facts of world history. so they must slander, smear, etc. all who oppose them must be shut up or discredited, opponents are labeled hatemongers, bigots, racists, perpetrators of violence etc. that's why it matters not a whit that yesterdays killer has zero connection to Palin, Fox, Beck, conservatism. It represents a chance for them to wet their pants and and bleat on about about Palin. any violent human tragedy is viewed as an opportunity to deflect attention away from their own failures.

If you say so, Jim. :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
not if I say so stinks, look at the facts and get back to me.
Legal Insurrection (http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2011/01/two-sicknesses-on-display-in-arizona.html) documents how all of the violent shooters since the creation of the tea party are immediately cast as right wing, tea party, talk radio listening, racists. once the facts come out they are wrong every time.

the details are at the link, but you had the guy who was found hanging in Kentucky, the white professor who shot several minority professors, the pentagon shooter, the cabbie stabber, etc. all of these turned out to be leftist thugs who hate conservatives, or Bush and generally support Obama. the rhetoric from the left is wrong 100% of the time.

but that didn't stop them with the Tucson killer. oh no, before we even knew if the congresswoman was dead or alive, the Daily Kos guy tweeted "Mission accomplished, Sarah Palin". its sickening.

ElKabong
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Stinks,
exactly what did Jim post that was incorrect? Looks at today's morning talk shows, it mirrors what Jim posted. To me it seems fewer are ready to admit that this guy was unhinged. Pop psychologists on Sun morning tv shows are hellbent on making this something it wasn't.

redshift1
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
not if I say so stinks, look at the facts and get back to me.
Legal Insurrection (http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2011/01/two-sicknesses-on-display-in-arizona.html) documents how all of the violent shooters since the creation of the tea party are immediately cast as right wing, tea party, talk radio listening, racists. once the facts come out they are wrong every time.

the details are at the link, but you had the guy who was found hanging in Kentucky, the white professor who shot several minority professors, the pentagon shooter, the cabbie stabber, etc. all of these turned out to be leftist thugs who hate conservatives, or Bush and generally support Obama. the rhetoric from the left is wrong 100% of the time.

but that didn't stop them with the Tucson killer. oh no, before we even knew if the congresswoman was dead or alive, the Daily Kos guy tweeted "Mission accomplished, Sarah Palin". its sickening.

Mr Mustard seeds when better left fallow.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM

Yes, he did. And he said it well. And this is the best defense you can muster for the desperate, irrational, hate-filled Left? Actually, I'm only mildly surprised that in the Left's mad haste to call on all Americans to join in on a feeding frenzy party of the Right (through Palin) was that no one was able to creatively come up with a way to tie Bush into this shooting tragedy...yet, that is. :rolleyes:

I truly hope that one day you'll wake up to see what you're gradually becoming when you either defend the radicals on the left or glibly dismiss their irrational actions with no attempts at a defense. I mean this. I sincerely hope that one day, you'll get to see the big picture from a new and fresh moral perspective that will "shock" you into seeing things very differently-- maybe in a manner similar to the way some people see life after they've died, got a chance to look at their own bodies on a table and then given a second chance after they were successfully resuscitated by a medical team. Life for many of these people is never quite the same, afterward.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
we've seen this hundreds of times now. the left cannot win any arguments based on facts, their ideology does not hold up to the facts of world history.

As I see it, lefties here are constantly presenting facts to win arguments. You may not agree. And I'm not blaming anybody but the shooter and I'm a leftie.

As for the Sunday morning news shows and the rest of the 'liberal' media looking to blame righties out of some kind of desperation, I think you protest too much. The fact is that the rhetoric is getting scary. Maybe not for me or you but certainly for politicians.

Just look at what happened in this case. Last March Rep. Giffords was on national TV specifically stating that she did not appreciate Palin putting cross-hairs on her at Plain's website. Further, Giffords has stated in the past that she has reason to worry about her safety based on hate-filled communications she received by e-mail or letter.

So now the Congresswoman is shot and righties don't think it's fair to point fingers in their direction. How could the media not connect the dots between Palin and Giffords after what happened yesterday? I daresay it would be impossible to do otherwise in this case.

And Boxcar, I mean this sincerely. Fat chance.

But thanks for your concern. :)

bigmack
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
So now the Congresswoman is shot and righties don't think it's fair to point fingers in their direction. How could the media not connect the dots between Palin and Giffords after what happened yesterday? I daresay it would impossible to do otherwise in this case.
You are aware that DailyKos also involved crosshairs to the Congresswoman. Do you daresay it impossible for your comrades in the media to have any level of honesty in pointing that out? Easy enough to connect those dots.

Never in million years would they point that out. What a surprise. Dishonesty throughout to push an agenda.

NJ Stinks
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
You are aware that DailyKos also involved crosshairs to the Congresswoman. Do you daresay it impossible for your comrades in the media to have any level of honesty in pointing that out? Easy enough to connect those dots.

Never in million years would they point that out. What a surprise. Dishonesty throughout to push an agenda.

Who is today's Media darling, DailyKos or Sarah Palin? Not to mention the fact that the Congresswoman never specifically said anything about DailyKos on national TV or anywhere else as far as I know.

bigmack
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Who is today's Media darling, DailyKos or Sarah Palin? Not to mention the fact that the Congresswoman never specifically said anything about DailyKos on national TV or anywhere else as far as I know.
:lol: :lol:

You're officially a loon.

ElKabong
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM

Yes...Maps with targets on them....Evil.....What do you think of this one?

NJ Stinks
01-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes...Maps with targets on them....Evil.....What do you think of this one?

I saw it before when someone posted it here. I don't like it. The bullseye was a stupid idea.

Having said that, I don't see anybody's name on or below that chart.

ElKabong
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Stinks,

It must be Sarah Palin's and the Tea Party's!! Those are the only ones being pointed out in the media today for inflammatory rhetoric and "targets". :lol:

Reference Lsbets' post on 0bama's in yo face rhetoric. Tell me who you attribute those quotes to.

Rookies
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Again, this guy clearly had very serious mental health issues. But, as Grits has pointed out, since multiple persons pegged it, why was nothing done ?
Where were the parents, who clearly were advised by a public institution (college) that their son needed to undergo a mental health assessment, before he could return to class ?
Were they aware of his whereabouts, his group associations, the fact that he bought a hand gun while in this unstable state ? ( For that matter, what kind of absence of law allows this insanity to happen ? )
If not, why not ?

The other central issue, but by no means the only one, is the public discourse one. Should people, especially in positions of responsibility (politicos, commentators), feel free to say/write anything in any manner they desire?

Let me be clear. I don't know, nor does anyone else, whether this unbalanced individual was influenced by the coarseness of some of the rhetoric. In my opinion, nobody need apologize. But, they may wish to examine how they illuminate the strength of their positions and the types of words/depictions/symbols they use to convey said ideas.

NJ Stinks
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Stinks,

It must be Sarah Palin's and the Tea Party's!! Those are the only ones being pointed out in the media today for inflammatory rhetoric and "targets". :lol:

Reference Lsbets' post on 0bama's in yo face rhetoric. Tell me who you attribute those quotes to.

I already did post something on the Obama quotes. Boxcar wasn't impressed.

Speaking of context, looking at the above quotes by Obama another way, every once in a while Obama tries to talk tough because his base thinks he is way too soft. Read those words and they appear poorly chosen for sure. Listen to Obama say those words and and I seriously doubt anybody will be motivated to say or do boo.

ArlJim78
01-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Instapundit (Glen Reynolds) sums up the situation nicely.

To be clear, if you’re using this event to criticize the “rhetoric” of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you’re either: (a) asserting a connection between the “rhetoric” and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you’re not, in which case you’re just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?

I understand the desperation that Democrats must feel after taking a historic beating in the midterm elections and seeing the popularity of ObamaCare plummet while voters flee the party in droves. But those who purport to care about the health of our political community demonstrate precious little actual concern for America’s political well-being when they seize on any pretext, however flimsy, to call their political opponents accomplices to murder.

Where is the decency in that?