PDA

View Full Version : All-In-One V6: Pros/Cons??

jeebus1083
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Why should I or shouldn't I purchase this program?

I've been reading a few of Dick Mitchell's works, and have visited the Cynthia Publishing site, and it seems like a powerful tool. What should I expect from this program? Is HDW ($100/month unlimited) just an option, or is it a necessity? Is there an "edge" had by using it, or does it basically point to the obvious?

I guess I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I do such a thing.

ldiatone
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
i use it. 10 race cards for $50.00 a month. also hand entry but not all the read outs work unless one downloads. eg "TB". I think it has been improved since Unite has been working w/ it and since v4 and even v5. I also think it learns from downloads and uses the Auto update. go to the horsetalk forum and check some of the older post from halo

duckhunter3
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
I use the $100 per month unlimited download option because I handicap a lot of races. There is a $50 option and I think that requires some manual stuff, and you don't get all the goodies. The poster mentioning it may be correct. But you can find out the options for downloads and cost at HDW site.

The program IS trying to learn every day if you update the results. It is very simple.

There is no perfect widget, that's for sure. But this program averages about 27% winners for its A (top selection) horse, a total of over 50% for its A and B (2 top selections), and over 80% winners in its 5 selections. It can't beat the public for the top selection, but all things considered, it is close to a tie.

There is a manual explaining everything and of course CYNTHIA puts out DVD's explaining how to use the software, new wrinkles research has discovered, etc.

But it is only a tool, just like everything else. You can't wrap up your brain and put it in the closet while you use the program.

I NEVER just take the program's output without some analysis myself. But it DOES point me in the right direction, and saves a lot of time, and gives great pace figures (based on various pace lines of horses in the pp's), pace graph, speed/pace summary, factor summary (WHICH IS VERY HELPFUL), post position impact, a number code describing # of horses with different running styles are winning, a # indicating whether the track is favoring speed or otherwise, etc., etc. AND MUCH MORE.
duckhunter3

ldiatone
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
duck. could not have said it better! do you use creamers or drf SR's?
do you auto compute w/ any of the setteings? automatic/coustom etc?
did you buy any of those dvd's steve is selling? i bought the seminar in a box plus the old mitchell tapes on dvd. and the handicapping dvd's.

duckhunter3
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, I do use auto/auto and DO refer to the Mitchell video, and have the Seminar in a Box also.

I do research with large samples on much of the AIO output to try to identify what information is most predictive of the final outcome.

Steve thinks it is ALL predictive, and maybe so. but I have found that focusing on certain information and determining whether it is predictive, and then going to other information with the same objective, etc., has really helped me.

From there, I am Mark Cramer groupie. Have all of his books, and talk with him by email often.

Glad you are pleased with AIO V6. So am I.

duck

ldiatone
01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes, I do use auto/auto and DO refer to the Mitchell video, and have the Seminar in a Box also.

I do research with large samples on much of the AIO output to try to identify what information is most predictive of the final outcome.

Steve thinks it is ALL predictive, and maybe so. but I have found that focusing on certain information and determining whether it is predictive, and then going to other information with the same objective, etc., has really helped me.

From there, I am Mark Cramer groupie. Have all of his books, and talk with him by email often.

Glad you are pleased with AIO V6. So am I.

duck
duck, have you checked you PM messages?

Eddie W
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Allonone...Used to be cal-track on line many years ago
when it just came out

Eddie W
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
I did not used allinone...I found a better program in the early 90"s
called Prof jones, From Boise Idiho...I have there last level6
before they went out of business....I'am still useing it now.
With the best 4 horses at a 91 percent clip....I pick my line and ultra
gives out factors for that paceline and class for each race...I go for
class to class...Which each class has it own factors...I do not go from
sprint, route, maiden, because diffrent class is better factor's than
route, sprint, maiden....

redeye007
04-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I did not used allinone...I found a better program in the early 90"s
called Prof jones, From Boise Idiho...I have there last level6
before they went out of business....I'am still useing it now.
With the best 4 horses at a 91 percent clip....I pick my line and ultra
gives out factors for that paceline and class for each race...I go for
class to class...Which each class has it own factors...I do not go from
sprint, route, maiden, because diffrent class is better factor's than
route, sprint, maiden....

Do you know what the difference is between Level 6 and Level 5? Level 5 includes ultra,database, and create your own weights. I was curious as to what new module they added for Level 6 :)

facorsig
04-30-2012, 04:07 AM
I wrote a fairly detailed summary of the differences between v5 and v6 several years ago and posted to PA. While both versions ran in Windows, v6 was designed for Windows and provided some additional reports. Frankly, I preferred v5.

I was happy with AIO until I looked at competing software. AIO outputs were based on weightings of 15 factors. You are forced to use these 15. I am currently using HSH and estimate there are more than 500 factors. I can use whatever factors I would like.

redeye007
04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Up until about 5 years ago and earlier bris pace and class factors ruled the arena. today they are being used by a great many more computer programs and the odds on contenders using these figures have become greatly diminished. It also appears quite obvious that morning line oddsmakers use these figures to set the lines which are quite anemic in most races as these guys were never that good in my opinion. It seems that the trainers have also rebeled in some cases at the anemic odds and have adapted to the new game conditions. any program which uses something else may have merit.

redeye007
05-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I wrote a fairly detailed summary of the differences between v5 and v6 several years ago and posted to PA. While both versions ran in Windows, v6 was designed for Windows and provided some additional reports. Frankly, I preferred v5.

I was happy with AIO until I looked at competing software. AIO outputs were based on weightings of 15 factors. You are forced to use these 15. I am currently using HSH and estimate there are more than 500 factors. I can use whatever factors I would like.

Does HSH offer a demo?

Partsnut
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Does HSH offer a demo?

I believe they do.
Ken Massa used to give a free trial.
He's an excellent provider and a proven winner.

Keep in mind that more is not always better and what ever factors you choose might not be in fact the right factors for success.
The 15 factors given by allinone may be time tested and proven.

You might also want to look at Netcapper which is spot play and angle oriented software and in my opinion seems to be a lot more flexible then allinone.. This would probably be my personal choice if I were in the market for more software. I have the utmost confidence in Gordon Pine as a programmer, vendor and as a person. I believe he was responsible for the
"allinone" program when a he was associated with Cynthia Publishing.
He is now on his own and possibly may have built a better mousetrap.
Check out Gordons 2 demos on his Netcapper site and judge for yourself

wolsons
05-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Just be aware that, per the Netcapper website, the program is not compatible with 64-bit Windows systems

bigmack
05-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Just be aware that, per the Netcapper website, the program is not compatible with 64-bit Windows systems
What a joke. With the prices they're charging people would be much better served using any HDW infused product.

SteveeBee
05-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I never understood how ONE paceline can possibly represent a horses entire PP's

acorn54
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
just one of many ways to evaluate, albeit one dimensional.
the legitimacy is based on the premise that you are taking from the horses races, the one that most likely represents how he will run today.

Partsnut
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM

From what I have been led to believe, Gordon has a "fix" for 64 bit windows operating systems. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Partsnut
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
just one of many ways to evaluate, albeit one dimensional.
the legitimacy is based on the premise that you are taking from the horses races, the one that most likely represents how he will run today.

I find the legitimacy of a premise based on supposition ludicrous and I believe it is used as a ploy by the software providers to shift the blame of failed races on the users inability to pick the correct pace lines.

acorn54
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I find the legitimacy of a premise based on supposition ludicrous and I believe it is used as a ploy by the software providers to shift the blame of failed races on the users inability to pick the correct pace lines.
i think there might be something to what you say

ldiatone
05-03-2012, 07:29 PM
v4 or 5, one was able to use a two line avg. but v6 does not have that.
Why i don't know. MPH has that option 2line avg. MPH one can plug in several lines.

facorsig
05-05-2012, 03:28 AM
I have the utmost confidence in Gordon Pine as a programmer, vendor and as a person. I believe he was responsible for the
"allinone" program when a he was associated with Cynthia Publishing.

I believe Gordon was the architect of the software, but David Okamoto was the programmer for versions 5 and earlier. Version 6 was developed after Gordon separated, but possibly he had a hand in defining the improvements.

Track Collector
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe they do.
Ken Massa used to give a free trial.
He's an excellent provider and a proven winner.

You made this comment in response to HSH.

HSH (Horse Street Handicapper) -- Dave Schwartz
HTR (Handicapping and Technology Research) -- Ken Massa

ldiatone
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
there is a v8 version of all-in-one now

mabred
10-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Does anyone have the vrs 8 i think it's the latest

been no comments since 2012.If u have any thoughts

let me know!!.Oh version 6 any comments.Just looking

for a change.. Thanks mabed

ldiatone
10-01-2014, 06:04 PM
i use it. pars updated each year

Pfranktdn9
08-28-2020, 10:19 AM
good morning. im interested in the All In One program. Does anyone have the seminar in a box they might be interested in selling? Plese feel free to contact me if you do. Or any other items that i could possibly use to get started in using the All In One program?