PDA

View Full Version : Reason #117 Why Racing Is Dying

The Hawk
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Calder, in response to Gulfstream's request to race in December, now wants to race year-round, creating overlapping race days for the duration of the Gulfstream meet.

How can this industry possibly survive in the long-term when track officials are this clueless?

http://drf.com/news/calder-would-race-year-round-2012-if-new-dates-request-granted

toussaud
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
rotfl

isn't what they do anyway

epic fail. yes, calder, tampa bay and gulfstream are all going to run at the same time. just massive fail on everyone.

lamboguy
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
for years gulfstream has started its season in january. all of a sudden calder did the right thing and had a great meet, allowing trainers to train their 2 yo horses there all summer. those horse now make it over to gulfstream and helps gulfstream to put on a good show. do you really think that calder is going to sit back and lose the dates that they make the most amount of money on after they set the table for gulfstream to begin with? i guess that since magna went bancrupt they are now pretty powerful because they are dealing from strength due to wiping out their debt.

macguy
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Wouldn't that be something, Calder, Gulfstream, Tampa and Hialeah all racing at the same time.

This is going to take the entire horse population of North America to accomplish.

Is it just my imagination, or was Florida better off when the dates were regulated?

Stillriledup
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Calder and GP are both owned by Evil Empires who don't have racing's best interests at heart. Its not surprising.

Tom
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
And I bet Calder wants to have the same post time as Aqueduct, too~!

They better look at the cost of astro-turf.

Spiderman
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
can we get a resurrected Tropical Park in the mix.