PDA

View Full Version : Missing Timeform ratings?

cj
10-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Anyone know what has happened to the Timeform ratings in Formulator. They used to always be there, then they disappeared, now its hit or miss.

Example, they were contained in the files for Grey Memo's Dubai races yesterday, but not for Captain Squire or Avanzando today from Dubai races from the same day.

Speed Figure
10-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Avanzado's timeform rating was in the paper DRF. Captain Squire's timeform rating was not in the paper DRF.

Tom
10-06-2003, 10:34 PM
That must be that re-engineering thing we keep hearing about.
Good ole DRF......they should farm out their day-to-day operations to Italy as well.
They would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that we PAY for this crap and then they cannont handle thier end of the deal. What a bunch of losing schmucks over there.
Anything in Stevie's little book about business competence or ethics?
*sigh*

cj
10-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I will admit I get frustrated with all the DRF stuff, especially lately. That said, Marc has really went out of his way to help out any way he can. Without him I know none of my complaints would have been dealt with or fixed. The replies I got from customer service were and still are a joke. Luckily, he bypasses them!

justin
10-07-2003, 07:01 AM
I've noticed a few times where the Timeform ratings are in the PDF files but not in the Formulator files...a pain to download another file just for Timeforms but you may want to check there if one or more are missing in the Formulator version.

-Justin

Marc At DRF
10-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Our Euro horses continue to be one of the lingering problems from the otherwise largely completed engineering project. Lotta stuff has been fixed in the last couple weeks, everything ranging from some workout issues to numerous other small fixes.

Anyway, Euro horses in Formulator is one of the few remaining bugs-- It was started on a while ago as a top priority but it's been really pesky. From everything I gather, they'll be what they should be before the week is over.

justin
10-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Marc,

Thanks for all your work in getting this stuff sorted out. There's another thing that I've noticed since the change. For the distance record, it lumps turf starts and dirt starts at today's distance together. I know the distance record was previously only for the surface the horse was running on for today's race but it's not that way anymore. I use this a lot for turf races and find myself having to view the lifetime running lines to get the correct record.

Thanks,
-Justin

Marc At DRF
10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Justin-- Can you point me to a specific PP that this happened? I haven't seen it.

justin
10-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Marc,

Check Belmont's card for this past Saturday the 4th. Also, Belmont for September 27th, 21st, 14th, 6th. The only other cards I have for Belmont are from July and the error is not present in those files. For Saratoga the error is in the August
31st file but NOT for the 30th or 28th files. This error doesn't seem to appear for anything but New York now that I've looked through a bunch of cards. I checked Arlington, Santa Anita, Kentucky Downs, Keeneland, and Arlington and didn't find it in any of those files.

Hope this helps,
-Justin

Marc At DRF
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks,

I'll have it evaluated today, and fixed.

justin
10-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Thanks a bunch Marc!