PDA

View Full Version : Fear not. 0bama now VERY pro big bidness

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-truth-comes-out-paul-volcker-was-forced-out-because-the-white-house-is-going-more-pro-business-2011-1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+clusterstock+(ClusterStock)

Our buddy Baraq has morphed into a more pro BIG business proponent than W, Boehner or McCain is or ever has been. Question: is it really a morph job, or planned from the start?

Promise: End the W tax cuts for the rich.
resut: Hey, just kidding, bro's. You can keep your tax cuts.

Promise: Single payer
result: Large health insurance companies now get 30-50 million NEW paying customers. (who's the winner?, LOL)

Promise: Going to get tough on banks
result: Free money. Cheap money. The bigger the bank, the better deal they got. Smaller local banks left in the cold.

Promise: End the wars
result: Afghanistan will continue forever. General Dynamics/ Lockheed, Raytheon, et al thank you very much, Mr Preznit. Here's another under the table gift.

Promise: Lockdown on big oil.
result: Prediction is 4$ per gallon gas this year.

Now Volker's out, Daley's in. Relax, fellow tea party-ers and conservatives. Our Bitch in Chief has indeed arrived!

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
follow up article....you know Barry has his foot on the neck of middle class America and the poor when Bob Hebert writes the following....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/opinion/08herbert.html

Scared to death of being outdone, President Obama and his sidekicks climbed into their spiffy new G.O.P. costumes and promised in humiliatingly abject tones to shower the business world with whatever government largess they could lay their hands on. The first order of business (pun intended) was the announcement that William Daley, the Chicago wheeler-dealer and former Clinton administration official who landed a fat gig at JPMorgan Chase, would become the president’s chief of staff. Mr. Daley was a loud critic of recent financial regulatory reforms and has been obsessed with getting Democrats to be more subservient to business.

boxcar
01-08-2011, 01:23 PM
It's all just a reminder that 2012 is closer than we all think. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Nothing better for someone that to have Obama coming after them....life gets better for them all!:lol:

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Now that Barry's mask is off, he's a lock to get reelected, Boxcar.

It's going to piss off the likes of hcap, but the reality is here. All that talk of standing up for the little guy is officially bullshit. The facts speak volumes..... Big business is being served...Getmo isn't being closed down.....oil pricing on the market is a big money grab once again....The big banks have cleaned up....Mega sized health insurers are going to get richer....Now Barry's bringing Mr Deregulation on the team.

Hi fives all around. Big business is being served. Win-win. The people who backed 0bama from the start have been fooled, but who cares?? Seriously. He's now doing the Conservatives work for us.

Bought and paid for. Barry's seen the light, now the economy can roll on.

boxcar
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Now that Barry's mask is off, he's a lock to get reelected, Boxcar.

It's going to piss off the likes of hcap, but the reality is here. All that talk of standing up for the little guy is officially bullshit. The facts speak volumes..... Big business is being served...Getmo isn't being closed down.....oil pricing on the market is a big money grab once again....The big banks have cleaned up....Mega sized health insurers are going to get richer....Now Barry's bringing Mr Deregulation on the team.

Hi fives all around. Big business is being served. Win-win. The people who backed 0bama from the start have been fooled, but who cares?? Seriously. He's now doing the Conservatives work for us.

Bought and paid for. Barry's seen the light, now the economy can roll on.

Personally, I've never written off his re-election chances. I think he has a 60-40% chance, unless the economy really turns South on us. Hate to say this, but this appears to be the reality, especially since no Repug or Independent has emerged, thus far, to really impress me. (The Repugs are already talking the same ol' tired RINOs.) However...Trump still claims he wants the job. I think he'd at least be fun to listen to and intriguing, given his extensive business background.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
trust me, he won't be re-elected. independents and whites are gone, horrified that they were duped so badly. humpty wont be able to the pieces back together again.

boxcar
01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
trust me, he won't be re-elected. independents and whites are gone, horrified that they were duped so badly. humpty wont be able to the pieces back together again.

Don't be too sure. Incumbents enjoy a huge advantage. Plus have you seen his latest approval numbers? They're up again to around 50%. Failing a genuine crisis in or an attack on this country, I think he stands a decent chance.

Boxcar

ElKabong
01-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Jim,

Obama's successfully played both sides now. He has BIG business on his side now that he's given the big banks and big business a lot of open doors... He has the Left on his side because they have no alternative but to believe that 'hope and change' bullshit. More people are on food stamps & live under poverty conditions now than ever before. Yet he has those folks under his boot & loyal at the voting booth.

2012 is all but a done deal, the bases are covered. More business as usual, the middle class continues to disappear. Barry's big conrtibutors are richer and it's "Mission Accomplished".

boxcar
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Jim,

Obama's successfully played both sides now. He has BIG business on his side now that he's given the big banks and big business a lot of open doors... He has the Left on his side because they have no alternative but to believe that 'hope and change' bullshit. More people are on food stamps & live under poverty conditions now than ever before. Yet he has those folks under his boot & loyal at the voting booth.

2012 is all but a done deal, the bases are covered. More business as usual, the middle class continues to disappear. Barry's big conrtibutors are richer and it's "Mission Accomplished".

Not only that but we must never forget that, as the first black president, he cannot be allowed to fail. If he were to be "short-sheeted" by his opposition that would be interpreted to mean that he wasn't good enough to go the full distance (two terms). He's a useful idiot to very powerful and wealthy people, who are doggedly determined to push their Marxist agenda through as much as they can and as fast as they can; therefore, they will not permit his downfall if they can possibly help it.

Plus, the political stakes are huge nationally and internationally. The Globalists' singular goal is to bag the biggest prize of all, which is America. One the USA is on board, then the Soroses of the world, the Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission and all other "shadow groups" can literally enslave all the inhabitants of the world through their powerful New World Order organization, which will probably adopt totalitarian-like rule.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Not only that but we must never forget that, as the first black president, he cannot be allowed to fail. If he were to be "short-sheeted" by his opposition that would be interpreted to mean that he wasn't good enough to go the full distance (two terms). He's a useful idiot to very powerful and wealthy people, who are doggedly determined to push their Marxist agenda through as much as they can and as fast as they can; therefore, they will not permit his downfall if they can possibly help it.

Plus, the political stakes are huge nationally and internationally. The Globalists' singular goal is to bag the biggest prize of all, which is America. One the USA is on board, then the Soroses of the world, the Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission and all other "shadow groups" can literally enslave all the inhabitants of the world through their powerful New World Order organization, which will probably adopt totalitarian-like rule.
Boxcar

These are rantings of a true nut. That said, please define what you mean by "short-sheeted" in the context above. Please don't waste your time defending paragraph two, as I will not read that part. Thank you.

boxcar
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
These are rantings of a true nut. That said, please define what you mean by "short-sheeted" in the context above. Please don't waste your time defending paragraph two, as I will not read that part. Thank you.

And you prize yourself as being well read, well-informed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. Have a few. Maybe they'll help you figure it out. :rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
And you prize yourself as being well read, well-informed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. Have a few. Maybe they'll help you figure it out. :rolleyes:

I know it's a prank, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of your post. So please enlighten me. Maybe there's a different meaning that you learned when you were living in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn or Queens. That could be it. By the way, I thought a BofA branch was under the Debt Clock - was I mistaken? You said it was an IRS office - is that right? I could be mistaken, and you're the one who has lived in Manhattan....and Brooklyn, Queen and the Bronx.

highnote
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
People who took the time to read Obama's books are not surprised by his tactics. In his books, he came across rather conservative to me -- not nearly as liberal as the media and his political enemies tried to portray him.

The woman who raised him, his grandmother, was a banking executive in Hawaii back in the 60s or 70s. It was very unusual at the time for a woman to raise to that level in a bank.

His father was an Ivy League educated economist.

It makes sense to me that Obama understands the role of banks in the economy.

I see no mystery in his actions and am not surprised.

Look, he inherited a war and a depressed economy. The war is probably going to last another 50 years and economies don't turn around overnight.

The flow of capital had all but dried up. The banks had to be given strong incentives to make loans. It seems to be working. Not as quickly as we'd like, but this was the biggest recession since the Great Depression.

Just be glad steps were taking to avoid another depression. I would not want to live through what my parents and grandparents had to live through.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 12:39 PM
_ You said it was an IRS office - is that right? I could be mistaken, and you're the one who has lived in Manhattan....and Brooklyn, Queen and the Bronx.

Not according to Schnitt and a caller to his show who currently lives in N.Y. They both know that specific area and both agreed that there's an IRS office now under that clock. The caller specifically called in to the show to point out the megabytes of irony to the office being there because Schnitt was talking about the Debt Clock and Ceiling. Who knows...if there was a BOA branch there at one time, maybe BOA defaulted on a government loan or taxes or whatever and got kicked out by the IRS? :D

Boxcar

Tom
01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Look, he inherited a war and a depressed economy.

No he didn't. He sought them both out.
Big difference.

Bush inherited 9-11 and Al Qeda - both grew and flourished under Clinton.
9-11 was in motion when Bush took office.

Steve R
01-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Big difference.

9/11 actually was set in motion by George H. W. Bush when, with the permission of the Saudi government, he decided to leave American troops in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm in 1991. Osama Bin Laden was incensed that non-believers were stationed in the birthplace of Islam. He also charged the Saudi regime with deviating from true Islam. That same year he was expelled from Saudi Arabia because of his anti-government activities. Clinton did, however, later fail to take advantage of opportunities to stop bin Laden, but the origins of 9/11 lie with Bush 41.

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Not according to Schnitt and a caller to his show who currently lives in N.Y. They both know that specific area and both agreed that there's an IRS office now under that clock. The caller specifically called in to the show to point out the megabytes of irony to the office being there because Schnitt was talking about the Debt Clock and Ceiling. Who knows...if there was a BOA branch there at one time, maybe BOA defaulted on a government loan or taxes or whatever and got kicked out by the IRS? :D

Boxcar

Again, could you please explain your contextual usage of the term "short-sheeted" in your post above? Did you mean it in the prankster sense of the term? If so, it doesn't make sense. Please enlighten me.

As for the debt clock, was it there when you lived in Manhattan?

highnote
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
No he didn't.

Yes he did.

He sought them both out.

No he didn't.

Bush inherited 9-11 and Al Qeda - both grew and flourished under Clinton. 9-11 was in motion when Bush took office.

9-11 has been in motion for centuries. Geopolitics in constantly shifting and never ending.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:10 PM
9/11 actually was set in motion by George H. W. Bush when, with the permission of the Saudi government, he decided to leave American troops in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm in 1991. Osama Bin Laden was incensed that non-believers were stationed in the birthplace of Islam. He also charged the Saudi regime with deviating from true Islam. That same year he was expelled from Saudi Arabia because of his anti-government activities. Clinton did, however, later fail to take advantage of opportunities to stop bin Laden, but the origins of 9/11 lie with Bush 41.

Err...'scuse me, BananaMan, but didn't you just say the Saudis wanted our troops on their soil? Didn't you just say the U.S. had permission from the Saudis to have troops on their soil? If so...then OBL or anyone else in the world could have been "incensed" as all get out, but such anger and hatred toward the U.S. would be irrational, inexcusable, unjustified and terribly misplaced. Seems to me Osama should have launched an attack upon the sovereign nation of Saudia Arabia; for without their permission the U.S. could not have been on their soil in the first place! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Big difference.

You seem to be absolving GWB for 9/11. Personally, I think there's plenty of blame to go around, and part of that blame rests with GWB and his admin. When the Clinton national security team briefed CDR and John Ashcroft on AQ, the matter was not made a top priority. Simply look at CDR's comments from the spring of 2001, more interested in Cold War politics than new age threats. Again, I think there's plenty of blame to spread around. And once 9/11 happened, I think CDR and Ashcroft grasped the gravity of the situation immediately (unlike some).

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Err...'scuse me, BananaMan, but didn't you just say the Saudis wanted our troops on their soil? Didn't you just say the U.S. had permission from the Saudis to have troops on their soil? If so...then OBL or anyone else in the world could have been "incensed" as all get out, but such anger and hatred toward the U.S. would be irrational, inexcusable, unjustified and terribly misplaced. Seems to me Osama should have launched an attack upon the sovereign nation of Saudia Arabia; for without their permission the U.S. could not have been on their soil in the first place! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

I think AQ has made many such attempts, most but not all have failed. And none have been on the scale of 9/11, to state the obvious. OBL would love to topple the Saudi govt - that's no secret.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Please enlighten me.

The difficult I can do. Even the very difficult. The impossible, though? I would not be able to penetrate such thickness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for the debt clock, was it there when you lived in Manhattan?

No, it wasn't. The national debt hadn't reached into the stratosphere, yet, when I was there. (I left before Bush became president.) :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:20 PM
The difficult I can do. Even the very difficult. The impossible, though? I would not be able to penetrate such thickness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't. The national debt hadn't reached into the stratosphere, yet, when I was there. (I left before Bush became president.) :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Again, could use please explain the contextual usage of the term "short-sheeted" in your post above?

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I think AQ has made many such attempts, most but not all have failed. And none have been on the scale of 9/11, to state the obvious. OBL would love to topple the Saudi govt - that's no secret.

Well...good for AQ. They need to do a better job at fighting the cause for Islam's ailments (real or perceived) and quit attacking the symptoms.

Boxcar

Steve R
01-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Boxcar
What the hell is wrong with you besides being a bigoted pig? BananaMan? Screw you!!! The discussion only was about when 9/11 was set in motion, not its justification. God, you're an imbecile!

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Again, could use please explain the contextual usage of the term "short-sheeted" in your post above?

Nope. Gonna let you figure it out. Have a few more beers. They might loosen up some rusty bolts that are holding you attic together. :D

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Well...good for AQ. They need to do a better job at fighting the cause for Islam's ailments (real or perceived) and quit attacking the symptoms.

Boxcar

Given their grievances, you made the statement that AQ should attack the SA govt. I was agreeing with your assertion and pointing out that they've tried. There's no argument here.

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Nope. Gonna let you figure it out. Have a few more beers. They might loosen up some rusty bolts that are holding you attic together. :D

Boxcar

In my mid 20s would I go out and drink hard on Friday and Saturday nights and try to meet girls? Sure. That's fairly normal behavior, so I'm sure you didn't experience it. But as one grows older, one moves on from such exploits.

Again, please explain the contextual usage of the term "short-sheeted" in your post above?

When did you move from NY? I just took a minute and found that the debt clock has been there since 1989, although it's been moved once, I read. What a web we weave when are out to deceive. See your dishonesty keeps catching you in additional layers of dishonesty.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:33 PM
What the hell is wrong with you besides being a bigoted pig? BananaMan? Screw you!!! The discussion only was about when 9/11 was set in motion, not its justification. God, you're an imbecile!

You can't even read and understand your own garbage, can you!? Your post was not about "when", it was about "WHO" set it in motion, i.e. George H.W. Bush! Therefore YOU and OBL both laid the blame on him! And I'm the imbecile because I understand what your wrote!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should only be half as smart as a pig! Then you might find some genuine purpose for your miserable, pathetic life which right now seems to revolve around pure hatred. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
You can't even read and understand your own garbage, can you!? Your post was not about "when", it was about "WHO" set it in motion, i.e. George H.W. Bush! Therefore YOU and OBL both laid the blame on him! And I'm the imbecile because I understand what your wrote!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should only be half as smart as a pig! Then you might find some genuine purpose for your miserable, pathetic life which right now seems to revolve around pure hatred. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Very Christian of you Box.

boxcar
01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
In my mid 20s would I go out and drink hard on Friday and Saturday nights and try to meet girls? Sure. That's fairly normal behavior, so I'm sure you didn't experience it. But as one grows older, one moves on from such exploits.

Again, please explain the contextual usage of the term "short-sheeted" in your post above?

When did you move from NY? I just took a minute and found that the debt clock has been there since 1989, although it's been moved once, I read. What a web we weave when are out to deceive. See your dishonesty keeps catching you in additional layers of dishonesty.

You're a piece of work. You ask when I moved from N.Y. Then in your next breath you accuse of being dishonest before I even give an answer. Your mind is thoroughly made up already. As Jesus said, "because you say that you see, your blindness remains."

Boxcar