PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like South African Racing ?

Zaf
10-05-2003, 09:10 PM
http://thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=38482&subsec=1

ZAFONIC

cj
10-05-2003, 09:25 PM
If you can bet on it, I like it! :D

bettheoverlay
10-05-2003, 09:48 PM
I found some interesting handicapping information for South Africas races next week. You have to register but it appears to be free. Plus you can view sample reports.

www.sportingpost.co.za/

You have to click on betting and then betting books to get to the handicapping reports.

Valuist
10-05-2003, 09:57 PM
I have a hard enough time getting to the simulcast facility to catch the 2nd at Belmont or Keeneland. Toss in Johannesburg Downs or Cape Town Park and it becomes a real long day.

Zaf
10-05-2003, 11:05 PM
Any of you guys out there bet Australia ? Do you have success ?

ZAFONIC

bettheoverlay
10-05-2003, 11:18 PM
I have played some Australian races at the South Philly OTB when I am there at night. Usually starts at 10pm so I only catch a couple of races. Only play for fun, the information in the Simulcast program is meagre. I have hit a couple of win bets, don't ask me how. I have always meant to download the Bris PPs for Australia, don't know what they are like.

I am actually going to be in N Jersey Tuesday and might be able to stop at the Meadowlands, they have live racing as well on Tuesday afternoons. The South African racing simulcasts are only going to be carried on Tuesdays.

VetScratch
10-06-2003, 05:11 AM
When it comes to races restricted to African-breds, I always bet on the Kenyans and Nigerians! :D

Valuist
10-06-2003, 11:56 AM
But always take the Mozambique breds on the turf. And the Libyan breds are still sprinters; often hot tempered.

They say those African breds are always "hungry".