PDA

View Full Version : GP Race 5 Scratch of Entry

Spiderman
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
In the 5th, half of entry was scratched. Since this was announced late, DD, P3 and P4 bets placed, should the remaining half of entry run for purse only?

gemcity39
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
that is a nyra rule, not so in Florida.:bang:

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Very telling that no one seems to care about this.

cj
01-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I am one of the first to rip NYRA when it is warranted, but the lack of responses to this thread is telling. If this happened in New York, there would be 20 pages of posts by now.

Linny
01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I agree. This was a travesty. Actually in NY is not a NYRA rule it's NYS Racing Law that a late scratch of part of an entry means the other part(s) of the entry run for purse money only. While someone always pipes up about how they had the half that ran and won, over the long term it protects the bettors.

Florida has no such law and GP has no such rule and as Sr Henry was by far the stronger 1/2 many were screwed. I would guess that most of the folks betting that bad favorite had no idea that they were not betting an entry.

Of course there are bad favorites every day and they usually lose and he may have been just another one of them.

Fat Syd
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
GP should be ashamed of themselves. It shouldn't have happened and Hana needs to speak out against such injustice. BOYCOTT TIME!

Spiderman
01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
GP should be ashamed of themselves. It shouldn't have happened and Hana needs to speak out against such injustice. BOYCOTT TIME!

Please, I am boycotting Santa Anita for the known reasons and nyra for not having live video on njbets. Enjoying the GP meet. Let's do SA, first.

the little guy
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Please, I am boycotting Santa Anita for the known reasons and nyra for not having live video on njbets. Enjoying the GP meet. Let's do SA, first.

It's great to see you have your priorities in order.

JohnGalt1
01-08-2011, 10:05 AM
In the 5th, half of entry was scratched. Since this was announced late, DD, P3 and P4 bets placed, should the remaining half of entry run for purse only?

Only if they care about their customers.

Maybe this will get the rule changed.

Maybe with this kind of late scratch, it should be a rule nationally.

Stillriledup
01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Only if they care about their customers.

Maybe this will get the rule changed.

Maybe with this kind of late scratch, it should be a rule nationally.

Yeah, a Frank Stronach owned track CARES DEEPLY about their customers.
They always put the customer FIRST.