PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Pik-4 (6) Wheel

vicktor
10-05-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm new on this board, but have done a fair share of my attempts at handicapping. I have what might appear as an unusual question. I realize that many of you are also top handicappers. I find your comments very informative, I never ceased to learn something. This is an unusual and strange Question:

Your playing a Pik-4 (or 6) and you need to select a winning horse out of three selections in each race. IOW, select three horses in the first race of the Pik-4, select another three horses in the second race of the Pik-4, etc. and so on. You have selected a total of 12 horses in four races.

How good would you be in selecting a Pik-4 (or Pik-6) if you had that choice and ability? In a Pik-4 for instance you would have 12 horses total and hopefully a win out of four of them. Of course if your just about absolutely sure you have a winner in one of the races, then no need to select three horses, your one selection would fit as one of qualifiers in one of the races. I have an idea in trying to wheel 12 horses (Pik-4) in cutting down the enormous costs of the normal conventional methods.

Vic

ceejay
10-05-2003, 03:56 PM
In that situation, I use Barry Meadow's method (documenterd in Money Secrets At The Racetrack) of dividing my picks in to A picks and B picks: one A per race.

Then I insist that either one or two A choices win. This takes the cost on your example P4 ticket down from $81 (insisting that no A choices win) down to $65 (insisting on 1 A) or $33 (insisting on two A's).

For me rather that doing a rigid 3x3x3x3 selection, I perfer to go deep in a contentious race and have 2x3x3x5 or something like that.

For me the biggest downside to this method is having to punch 11 tickets to construct the wager.

vicktor
10-05-2003, 04:58 PM
ceejay,

Hey, thats great, fine, that's about the way I also make my Pik-4 bets, and I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't one out of the field. It's a sort of wheel, I set a condition, like if all my first favorites were A symbol horses, than I reasoned that I would not have all "A" horses win, but a combination of A-B-C, etc. Sort of setting a condition to the selections. Thanks..

PSTfredk
10-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I PERSONALLY DON'T GO MORE THAN THREE HORSES IN A PICK THREE OR PICK FOUR. MY USUAL PLAY IS TWO DEEP ON ALL RACES
MAYBE THREE DEEP IF I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A RACE. I ONLY SINGLE A HORSE WHEN I FEEL YOU CAN BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT
VERY FEW OF THEM. THE COST OUT WAYS THE REWARD. I DON'T PLAY PICK SIX'S UNLESS I SEAT WITH SOME WHO WANTS TO SHARE OUR OICKS MIX THEM UP. THESYNDICATE OWNS MOST OF THE GOOD ONES AND YOU WIN ENOUGH OF THEM TO MAKE ANY MONEY. BET A LITTLE AND WIN A LOT THAT MY MOTTO.

MY FAV WAY FOR TRI
1-2-3-4
1-2
3-4

TOTAL COST = 8$ AT 1$ WHEEL

vicktor
10-06-2003, 02:31 PM
>>BET A LITTLE AND WIN A LOT THAT MY MOTTO<,

Me too, but I think that guy up in the sky must have forgotten my philosophy also..I'm now 72.. aggrrggg..but well I reached it so I better stop whining eh. :>)

BTW, did you read of the G.I. who was stationed in Korea and returned home on leave, played the lottery..won 150 million. Now that's an example of our philosophy..

kitts
10-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I thought I would give my radical opinion. I am way ahead on my Pick 3. Shortly after I started with that bet back in the late 80s, I decided only to buy 1-1-1 and that is all I have done since that day. Works for me.

PSTfredk
10-06-2003, 05:39 PM
THAT WOULD WORK I JUST LIKE TOP TWO PICKS IN THE THREE RACES =16 $. YOURS COST = 2 $. YOU PLAY 8 MORE RACES FOR THE SAME 16 $ . FOR SME REASON MY SECOND PICK WINS AT A
25 % RATE IT HARD TO THROW OUY BUT I COULD USE COMBO
TICKETS AND GET MORE ACTION FOR THAT 16 $.

I REALLY PLAYING TRI BETTER r# 7 TODAY AT CALDER HAD THE
2000$ PLUS TRI BY WHEELING MY FOUR OVER FIST OVERLAST TWO

r# 7 # 5-8-4-10
PLAY WAS 5-8-4-10
5-8
4-10
COST 8 $ PAY OFF WAS 1185.50$THAT HAD TO GET ON A PICK THREE OR PICK FOUR