PDA

View Full Version : Research linking autism and MMR false

DJofSD
01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8493753.stm

The medical journal which originally published the discredited research linking autism and MMR has now issued a full retraction of the paper.

Why am I not surprised.

rastajenk
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
What?!? Fake Science?? :faint:

cj's dad
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Can global warming/ climate change be far behind ??

boxcar
01-05-2011, 09:36 PM
What?!? Fake Science?? :faint:

Would that be the same thing as science fiction? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

DJofSD
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html?hpt=T1

Dr. Max Wiznitzer, a pediatric neurologist at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital in Cleveland, said the reporting "represents Wakefield as a person where the ends justified the means." But he said the latest news may have little effect on those families who still blame vaccines for their children's conditions.

Fe, fi, fo, fum, I smell a liberal.

Robert Goren
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
This whole mess was fueled by the parents of autistic children looking for answers. I know the parents of an autistic child. His care is real burden. The worry for the child future is overwhelming them. So sad.

DJofSD
01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
No, the whole thing was driven by a lying researcher looking for a way to score research monies. I'm glad you're not a doctor. You can't tell the difference between the symptoms and the disease.

Robert Goren
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
So you found a crooked researcher. Big deal. They are almost as common as crooked politicians. Notice I used used the word almost. It doesn't change the fact that we know very little about autism and the parents want answers and a cure. They aren't going to get them without more research.

mountainman
01-06-2011, 10:03 PM
My 16-yr-old has Asperger's syndrome, which is a high-functioning form of autism. I don't seek or believe in a cure, because I'm somehow certain that nature molded him as it intended. And while I can certainly understand why families of those more severely afflicted would hold out hope for some remedy, I seriously doubt that one exists. I observe Shane and see me, with both my best and worst traits taken to extreme.That's not something caused by a vaccine.