PDA

View Full Version : A Good Rack

bigmack
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Twas having trouble sleeping a while back. I need all of 7 or I'm in shambles. Got some memory foam for the rack. It helped.

Just got one of these sleep number beds. Sweet stuff. :ThmbUp:

I feel strongly about this rack. Truth be told, I think I'm in love. :blush:

boxcar
01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Twas having trouble sleeping a while back. I need all of 7 or I'm in shambles. Got some memory foam for the rack. It helped.

For years I've been sleeping on a high quality air mattress. I love it. Whenever I have to sleep, now, on a conventional spring mattress, it doesn't go well for my night's rest.

Boxcar

GaryG
01-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh, it is a BED that you are talking about...

Dave Schwartz
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
We considered buying one of those once. Then, while visiting our son at USC we stayed at the Rad which has all Sleep Number beds. (The Radisson actually manages the visitor housing and dorms at USC, btw.)

Anyway, I like my bed pretty firm. When I pumped it up to about 85 or so the bed became rounded. It was like sleeping on top of a giant beach ball.

Glad you like yours. Not for me.

BTW, mattress guarantees and warranties are a sore spot with me. It is amazing how they are all designed to be uncollectible. When you read the fine print they say (for example) that if you have ANY stains on the mattress your warranty is void. That's a lot like saying your car warranty is void if you have a scratch on the door.

When we looked at the Sleep Number warranty we were amazed to find that all the stuff that is not likely to fail or inexpensive to replace is covered but the mattress itself is barely covered. The mattress is the most expensive thing and if it pops (which is apparently quite common) it is many hundreds to replace. The good news is that there are knockoffs.

Dave

rastajenk
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh, it is a BED that you are talking about...I was disappointed, too.

cj's dad
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
The OP title sucked me in too !!

bigmack
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I was disappointed, too.
Tough to tell what ya'll was lookin' fer, so here's a smorgasbord of racks: :cool:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/racks-1.jpg

cj's dad
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Tough to tell what ya'll was lookin' fer, so here's a smorgasbord of racks: :cool:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/racks-1.jpg

Monty - I'll take door #1

NJ Stinks
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM

For years I've been sleeping on a high quality air mattress. I love it. Whenever I have to sleep, now, on a conventional spring mattress, it doesn't go well for my night's rest.

Boxcar

I always thought you guys were inflexible. :p

JustRalph
01-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Monty - I'll take door #1

Waitress, I'll have what he's having and a side of Pool shark!

Grits
01-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Waitress, I'll have what he's having and a side of Pool shark!

If either are REAL, I got beachfront in Arkansas.:lol:

Mack, sleep well, honey, don't suffocate, on or beside . . . your new rack.

JustRalph
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Grits, When I go fishing, I use an artificial Lure too.......... :lol:

Grits
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM

Ralph, I swear you're quick. CjD, the guys and myself, we gotta get you to Arkansas with us. The more the merrier. :lol:

Either there or Keeneland, though, I don't think CjD's too enamoured with K'land's poly. LOLOL

Valuist
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Have to figure this thread will gets LOTS of views. Not a ton of responses but plenty of views. And a lot of disappointed PA members.

Grits
01-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Have to figure this thread will gets LOTS of views. Not a ton of responses but plenty of views. And a lot of disappointed PA members.

Valuist, Mack is NOTORIOUS for his great scantily clad visuals--particularly the one's you guys enjoy. This one couldn't drown if she had a two foot in diameter block of concrete tied around her waist.

I don't figure you all are disappointed, heck, most of you are probably married to women just as bountiful.

. . . . no, no, beautiful--make that beautiful. Sorry for my error.:lol:

bigmack
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
particularly the one's you guys enjoy.
Just to even the playing field... Be still your heart.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/mbpick.jpg

Grits
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I swear unto my soul, I started to tell you earlier today, the minute I opened my mouth about your two racks, "if you throw up another photo of Bolton I'm coming to SoCal. That I WILL find you in Coronado Beach."

You talkin' 'bout your "sleep number"?

I got your number, honey, I got it a long time ago. You're all rascal--you are BAD, BAD, BAD!

I'm laughing so hard at the photo, I can't even see to type.:lol: :lol: :lol:
I need to go in the attic and dig out Bolton's framed photo and guitar pick and post it. NEVER will I live this down.

Grits
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
It sure feels good to sit here and laugh like this, Mack. You've made my night. I'm glad I'm not so sick I can't howl with laughter. I should thank you, but Lord, I'm scared to. No telling what you'll unleash next.

Tom
01-06-2011, 09:06 PM
What did they used to call implants back in the 60's?

Oh, yeah, Kleenex.
"What God has forgotten, fill in with cotton."

Grits
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
What did they used to call implants back in the 60's?

Oh, yeah, Kleenex.
"What God has forgotten, fill in with cotton."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom, I thought they were called "falsies". I'm laughing so hard again.

When I was real little, I was swimming with my mom and my aunt at a pool. My aunt was always terribly flat chested. She and my mom began to die laughing when one of my aunt's "falsies" (those foam things) popped out of her swimsuit and floated on the water between them. My aunt couldn't grab it fast enough!!! I had never seen floating, retrievable, thick, foam breasts before.:faint:

Tom
01-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Fishing, rack........google me this! :eek:

Grits
01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Tom, She's GROSS. Mack and Ralph are gonna die.

PA's gonna lock the thread for "offensive content," violating TOS.

JustRalph
01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
My God!!! I didn't know Junior Samples had a Daughter!!!!

Those aren't waders she is wearing......those are blood pressure pants!

CryingForTheHorses
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Hotdamn Grits...Is that you behind door #1.. :lol:

Dave Schwartz
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Why, Gritsy, I do declarah... I don't believe I have ever seen you let loose like this. Invitin' the boys back to your state and all.

What has gotten into you girl?

Grits
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Hotdamn Grits...Is that you behind door #1.. :lol:

Ugh, ugh, McSchell, that's me in the waders. I been fly fishing topless for years. The sun feels nice to us "Free Spirits". Too, this was before I lost weight and dyed my hair blonde.

Tom just happened to have my photo there at home; he shared and I don't mind. He, Ralph and I go way back. Ralph's been designing my lures for a long, long time. We did tournaments together.

It was supposed to be catch and release only that day, but I was hungry so I tucked two 6 lb rainbow trout up under each breast for later.

Tom, Ralph and I, . . . man, we ate good that night!!!

Let me know if you ever wanna go fly fishin'. We'll get a group together. Dinner's on me.:lol:

Grits
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Why, Gritsy, I do declarah... I don't believe I have ever seen you let loose like this. Invitin' the boys back to your state and all.

What has gotten into you girl?

Dave, it just got worse. I went on tilt.:lol:

You're in Nevada, honey. It ain't cold where you are--unless you're in the mountains. It has been cold as sin here in Carolina. It snowed three times in December. The last one, a day after Christmas dropped over a foot in my yard.

I'm TIRED of sitting home in this damn cold!:lol:

bigmack
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I need to go in the attic and dig out Bolton's framed photo and guitar pick and post it. NEVER will I live this down.
The world wondered why he & Nicollette Sheridan split. When does your E - True Hollywood Story air?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/finalgmb.jpg

Grits
01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
DAMN YOU, MACK. DAMN YOUR SORRY SELF.

I GOT MEANS, I GOT CONX, I'M GONNA PAY SOMEBODY, MACK. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!!!:lol:

EDIT to add: Lord, why do I now wish I'd NEVER wrote this part:

Too, this was before I lost weight and dyed my hair blonde.

Mack, I swear you are the photoshop KING.

Dave Schwartz
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
So, Gritsy, you've got cabin fever then? :rolleyes:

And, for the record it IS cold here and we ARE in the mountains - well, they call it "high desert" but there are mountains all around.

When we headed to the gym this morning it was 18. Beth calls this "king cold." She likes to leave off the first 4 letters. Says it sounds more lady-like. (You remember those days, right, G?) :lol:

Grits
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Dave, "G" I like that, its good.

Yes, cabin fever is now working overtime, and you as well as all men know, bored women can cause a heap a trouble. Especially us Southern ones. Still, its colder there where you and Beth are than here.

Meanwhile, I promise, I'm gonna go back in my cabin and be quiet. The PMs might be flying, "that woman's NUTS." And PA might ban me.

I'm gonna do better. Mack's too tough on me, he's used a current photo. Most reading wouldn't have seen it, not bothering with the Gallery.

And to any of you without a sense of humor--I hate it for ya. Tom and Ralph have never gone fly fishin' with me. I never met either gentleman 'til Saratoga.:ThmbUp: HONEST.

Laughter still makes the world a better place! Always. Later guys.:lol:

cj's dad
01-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm heartbroken - I thought I had a shot - but after viewing you and Bolton I know I am out in the cold --- :eek::(:(

cj's dad
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
BTW DG - You should be honored that my #5000 post was directed to you !!!:kiss:

Grits
01-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm heartbroken - I thought I had a shot - but after viewing you and Bolton I know I am out in the cold --- :eek::(:(

:lol: OH MY GOODNESS,:lol: I'm laughing again. Cjd, don'tcha think Mack did me wrong? I swear he's killin' me. Splattered me all over the board like a bullseye.:faint:

And Yes, I'm honored to be your #5,000. (I think.):lol:

Rookies
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
"I don't figure you all are disappointed, heck, most of you are probably married to women just as bountiful.

. . . . no, no, beautiful--make that beautiful. Sorry for my error.:lol:

Grits, here's a little chuckle story. Once upon a time, all the family is down on the dock during a beautiful summer day, on a lake in North East, Pa. My sis-in-law, surveying the "situation" of her youngest daughter, reviews herself and oldest daughter briefly and says to all of us:

" Is she part of our family ? " :lol: :rolleyes: :D

For meself and being so inclined, that was a characteristic that didn't get overlooked during my own evaluation process when the time came to pop the question of the better half so many moons ago... :rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Zaf is going to be pissed! Being dumped out of the photo and all.......

Tom
01-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I thought that was Zaf!

Grits
01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Zaf is going to be pissed! Being dumped out of the photo and all.......

LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol:

I've still got Zaf and me, side by side, here on my computer. This summer we'll take more photos especially on Harness night!

Tom
01-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Victoria Beckham is going to pose topless for Playboy.
Talk about your Spice Rack!

JustRalph
01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Victoria Beckham is going to pose topless for Playboy.
Talk about your Spice Rack!

I have never seen the appeal myself........she needs a sandwich