PDA

View Full Version : Team Zenyatta...special award

joanied
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Is this because 'they' know Zenyatta is not going to be HoY?

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/01/05/team-zenyatta-to-receive-special-eclipse-award.aspx

Does anyone know if they will televise the Eclispe Awards? If so, what channel will carry it?

Cardus
01-05-2011, 03:14 PM
An award for "Team Zenyatta," but no mention of the Rocky Mountains?

duncan04
01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Is this because 'they' know Zenyatta is not going to be HoY?

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/01/05/team-zenyatta-to-receive-special-eclipse-award.aspx

Does anyone know if they will televise the Eclispe Awards? If so, what channel will carry it?

maybe TVG or HRTV. cant see anyone else carrying it

cj
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Three whole seasons, for a female. Wow, that is worthy of an award.

CBedo
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm sure TVG will cover the awards, while not showing me my evening racing I'd rather watch...

Bettowin
01-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Team Goldikova is in line for one helluva an award!!

BluegrassProf
01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
:D

My God...this is INSANE - and I mean that with not a shred of the usual humor or sarcasm. Disgusting praise of "fightin' hard all the way to the middle."

In all seriousness, were I forcibly handed a "special award," gah...I'd be completely humiliated. How embarrassing...:faint:

Relwob Owner
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
:D

My God...this is INSANE - and I mean that with not a shred of the usual humor or sarcasm. Disgusting praise of "fightin' hard all the way to the middle."

In all seriousness, were I forcibly handed a "special award," gah...I'd be completely humiliated. How embarrassing...:faint:

Could not agree more.......ironic that the people getting the award actually hurt racing in a certain sense with how they campaigned her because they didnt allow us to see her face better competition in better races more often....

The only silver lining for me is that maybe this is an indication, as JoanieD mentioned at the start of the thread, that she isnt going to get HOY.

letswastemoney
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Why would they give her this award if she still had a chance at HOTY? If she wins HOTY and this "special olympic" award, the whole night would be about her. It would be too much.

FenceBored
01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
To those who wonder if this means anything vis a vis HOY, I would point out that Claiborne is getting one (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60605/claiborne-to-receive-eclipse-award-of-merit), too.

horses4courses
01-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes.......it's like the end of year awards in the 5th grade.

An obese kid getting the "Most likely to be a star on The Biggest Loser" award

Not a dry eye in the house......... :rolleyes:

Tom
01-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Man, tough room.
Good thing most here are immune to emotional responses. :rolleyes:

Shelby
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM
TVG is showing the Eclipse Awards beg. at 6 p.m. Central time on Monday the 17th.

Tom
01-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Better bo over by 9:00 - Monday Night Raw is on! :D

FenceBored
01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Better bo over by 9:00 - Monday Night Raw is on! :D

Who needs WWE when you've got Thorougbred Racing Entertainment?

3ZHjiPtbivA

Relwob Owner
01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Man, tough room.
Good thing most here are immune to emotional responses. :rolleyes:

I am not immune to emotional responses at all....I have loved and felt an affinity for many horses in the past 30 years.

For whatever reason, I just couldnt get connected to Zenyatta. Maybe I got sick of the constant hyperbole associated with her, especially from TVG(my mistake for sitting through it). Most of it, though, had to do with her connections. Dont care for the owners or the trainer really and how they handled her......to listen to them drone on and on about what a spectacular horse she was and then turn around and run her over and over against overmatched, short fields was extremely frustrating as a horse fan.

That being said, she is an incredible horse who ran some incredible races, culminating with one of the most exciting races I have ever seen.

toussaud
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
this is like the white 5th place ribbon you get in the 3rd grade

Tom
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=FenceBored]Who needs WWE when you've got Thorougbred Racing Entertainment?

Calvin in Wrestlemania?
In a paddock match?

:lol:

FenceBored
01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=FenceBored]Who needs WWE when you've got Thorougbred Racing Entertainment?

Calvin in Wrestlemania?
In a paddock match?

:lol:

Ladies match between Mrs. Moss and Mrs. Dilschneider for HOY?

Tom
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Jess Jackson, special guest referee?

FenceBored
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Jess Jackson, special guest referee?

:lol: I'd shell out for that on PPV.

joanied
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM

What's female got to do with it?
:)

cj
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
What's female got to do with it?

A lot. Females generally race longer, because it is more lucrative for a top level horse to race than to breed. Males, of course, not so much. Am I wrong?

Cardus
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
A lot. Females generally race longer, because it is more lucrative for a top level horse to race than to breed. Males, of course, not so much. Am I wrong?

An avatar that appears to show Blame in front is misleading, don't you think?

joanied
01-06-2011, 01:40 PM
TVG is showing the Eclipse Awards beg. at 6 p.m. Central time on Monday the 17th.

Thanks, Shelby. I don't like TVG, but I want to watch the awards show...more to it than Zenyatta and Blame:jump: ...let's see, that'd be 5pm mountain time.

joanied
01-06-2011, 01:44 PM

Nope. Sometimes it's also more lucrative to keep those colts in training longer too...it'd sure help with getting more folks interested in racing...it's a shame a few more colts didn't stay in training for 2011...like Lookin' at Lucky...still can't figure out why they retired him to the shed.

Oh...I guess that special award is something they do anyway...like Claiborne also getting one this year (and someone else, I can't recall right now)...so it's not what I thought, just something they were giving Zen's connections to smooth any ruffled feathers:)

thaskalos
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
An avatar that appears to show Blame in front is misleading, don't you think?
He probably searched high and low to find the picture that distorted the race's finish the most...just to aggravate us "Zenyots". :)

joanied
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
He probably searched high and low to find the picture that distorted the race's finish the most...just to aggravate us "Zenyots". :)

I think you're right ...I just ignore it:)

Sericm
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
It's amazing how the hatred for one of the best race mares of all time continues on this site even in her retirement. And you all know who you are!

BluegrassProf
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
It's amazing how the hatred for one of the best race mares of all time continues on this site even in her retirement. And you all know who you are!Grrrr! I hope she asplodes! :mad:

BOOOOM!!

:D bizarre.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:08 PM
It's amazing how the hatred for one of the best race mares of all time continues on this site even in her retirement. And you all know who you are!

I didn't think that the threshhold to reach "hatred" could get any lower, but it has. It's unfortunate, really.

"Hatred" is not even close to the correct word for what it is that I think you are trying to depict.

"Under appreciated" gets you in the ballpark, but even then, I might dispute that. It would get you a lot closer to the truth than "hatred" regarding Zenyatta matters, though.