PDA

View Full Version : Oh, you're gonna love this...

Dave Schwartz
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/05/contractor-mistakenly-levels-pittsburgh-home/?test=latestnews

Contractor Mistakenly Levels Pittsburgh Home

PITTSBURGH -- A Pittsburgh man's home has been leveled after city officials say a contractor mistakenly demolished it along with a neighboring house.

boxcar
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Oops. :eek:

Boxcar

ldiatone
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
btw on our local news here in the burg, the city might have an out as the man didn't own the house(he had a agreement w/ the owner.) and he did not have a building permit to do any work on the house.

Dave Schwartz
01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
LOL - Who couldn't see that one coming.

I actually said that to someone today as I was relating the story: "I'll bet that because the house was (probably) a fixer-upper they will give him some drastically reduced settlement or wiggle off the hook completely."

cj's dad
01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
LOL - Who couldn't see that one coming.

I actually said that to someone today as I was relating the story: "I'll bet that because the house was (probably) a fixer-upper they will give him some drastically reduced settlement or wiggle off the hook completely."

Most jobs done by handy andys and without permits end up this way - who cares - good for them - pay to have it done the right way the first time and you are covered. !!