PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh

Valuist
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
If you are Jim Harbaugh, you will likely have 3 choices. 1) Bolt for the NFL 2) Stay at Stanford or 3) Go back to the alma mater, Michigan.

IMO, its a no-brainer; the time is now to go to the NFL. Harbaugh is a very hot commodity for NFL jobs....it will be interesting to see how many come up. If he takes another college job, unless he is a huge success, he probably won't be as hot a candidate for the NFL as he is now. If he goes to the NFL and screws up, he'll have his pick of major college jobs. Stanford is an excellent academic institution and he probably took it as high as it could go. Michigan has lost the allure of being a perennial national championship contender. They can't even win a weak Big Ten. His brother is a successful NFL coach now....think his brother doesn't give him $hit about coaching in the minor leagues?

Bettowin
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Harbaugh and Luck to the Panthers:)

PhantomOnTour
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Michigan just canned Rodriguez so it seems logical they will make a play for Harbaugh. Wow, talk about a program that is in freefall...

Bettowin
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone think Elway might be bending Harbaugh's ear about going to Denver?

Valuist
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Anyone think Elway might be bending Harbaugh's ear about going to Denver?

I would think there's a good chance of that, or at least them making a push for Harbaugh.

Rookies
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Much as I'd like Luck to go the # 3 Pick, I think the scenario is now this:

Harbaugh tells prospective NFL teams. We're adjoined.

You get us BOTH!

So offer the Panthgers something because Luck will tell them- NOT interested!

ElKabong
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd love to see Harbaugh at UT. That style of offense has always jazzed me up. I don't know how much the OC has ownership as far as input into the weekly GP, offseason evals, play calling, etc. Clearly tho, Harbaugh has an NFL future.....no sucking up to 17yo's, just coach your ass off....He was born for that it seems

Robert Goren
01-04-2011, 11:56 PM
It is time for the money to do the talking.

newtothegame
01-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Much as I'd like Luck to go the # 3 Pick, I think the scenario is now this:

Harbaugh tells prospective NFL teams. We're adjoined.

You get us BOTH!

So offer the Panthgers something because Luck will tell them- NOT interested!

So much for adjoined....
Does this mean harbaugh now tells the NFL no way???

Luck Staying at Stanford

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754

Robert Goren
01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Luck made a mistake. Harbaugh may make one too. The money is NOT always there next year. A lot of things can happen in a year. If you are on top of your game, most of them are bad.

Valuist
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Luck made a mistake. Harbaugh may make one too. The money is NOT always there next year. A lot of things can happen in a year. If you are on top of your game, most of them are bad.

I would have to agree. Maybe they are certain there will be a strike. That would be the only logical reason.

GaryG
01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
This just in....going to the Niners.

newtothegame
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Yep...its the niners!!!

Sources: Jim Harbaugh, 49ers agree
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5999744

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Let's give Luck the benefit of the doubt. From what I've heard, his family is well off and money apparently isn't everything to this kid. Good for him. His sister was a freshman this year at Stanford and they are reportedly very close. Hell, maybe this guy just loves college!

I will never forget the quote from Warrick Dunn as he decided to return to Fla State for his senior year:
"I've been poor for 21yrs, what's another year?" All this after his mother (a Baton Rouge police officer) was gunned down in the line of duty. Quite a guy Warrick Dunn is. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah I agree Phantom......
trust me, he could do much worse then staying in college. But I do understand those who are looking at it from a financial decision. There are ALOT of risk, which can mostly drop his value in the NFL.

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Another thing I'm wondering is, what's so damned great about Jim Harbaugh!? Anyone else think that maybe the QB made the coach?

Elway-Shanahan?
Favre-Curley Hallman?...who? His coach at Southern Miss. He suckered LSU into hiring him because he(and Favre) had knocked off some big time teams like Florida St. He wasn't a good coach.
Belichick was a losing coach before Brady.

newtothegame
01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Another thing I'm wondering is, what's so damned great about Jim Harbaugh!? Anyone else think that maybe the QB made the coach?

Elway-Shanahan?
Favre-Curley Hallman?...who? His coach at Southern Miss. He suckered LSU into hiring him because he(and Favre) had knocked off some big time teams like Florida St. He wasn't a good coach.
Belichick was a losing coach before Brady.

I think they kind of go hand in hand,.....but, how would your theory explain Stanfords Defense this year???

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Are you tellin' me Luck doesn't also play middle linebacker? :lol:
I have no clue how to explain their D...oops :blush:

newtothegame
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Are you tellin' me Luck doesn't also play middle linebacker? :lol:
I have no clue how to explain their D...oops :blush:
He is big enough to play it lol...but I don't believe so lol

Pace Cap'n
01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
He is big enough to play it lol...but I don't believe so lol

Anybody see the hit he put on some dude trying to advance a turnover? One of the best hits of the year.

cj's dad
01-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I hope Jim H. is a better coach then his brother John !!

Rise Over Run
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Let's give Luck the benefit of the doubt. From what I've heard, his family is well off and money apparently isn't everything to this kid. Good for him.

His dad is Oliver Luck, a former NFL QB who was drafted in the 2nd rd. He was recently hired as Athletic Director for WVU, his alma mater (mine too). He's had high profile jobs in the NFL and MLS. So yes, I think his family is fairly well off.